It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WorldStarHipHop: Brainwashing Black America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theGreatunhosed

there are thousands of youtube videos of people of varying ethnicities doing really dumb....dangerous...slutty and illegal things. It is what it is...but its fun to talk about how blacks are leading the way on the road to perdition. Keeps em warm at night.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
Absolutely disgusting.

Hip-Hop culture makes me sick.

This is NOT hip hop culture. Hope you get better.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
reply to post by theGreatunhosed

there are thousands of youtube videos of people of varying ethnicities doing really dumb....dangerous...slutty and illegal things. It is what it is...but its fun to talk about how blacks are leading the way on the road to perdition. Keeps em warm at night.
That's what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hip Hop has been hijacked.

When I was coming up, hip hop was cool, clean, competitive, fun, safe.

Rap was about rhymes that mattered. Now it's just a matter of rhymes.

This ain't hip hop. These are home made thugs exposed to all the wrong # and don't know any better.

This is reality TV Live.

Thanks, Hollywood!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack
ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! This is NOT the BLACK COMMUNITY! Why do you insist on lumping ALL blacks into one socio-economic category?? MOST of us are nothing like these buffoons and they embarrass the hell out of most of us! There is no F@#$%&^ black community. So since I don't live in the ''hood'', my community is not my community?? Yeah...right. ATS has definitely changed over the years.
edit on 12-6-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

Dont get upset about it. Teach people whats what. Mainly whites see blacks as whats represented here. Help people understand that this isnt ALL blacks. I think a lot of ATSers are " I have a black friend" types.. they have no real understanding. Take a deep breath and help them understand. Even if its rejected or ridiculed, you never know who is lurking and reading that you can touch and maybe plant a seed of understanding.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

"Black community"...first off, people are a product of their environment and secondly, you don't have an innate predisposition for "ghetto behavior". If someone is born into an impoverished area where gang violence and drugs run rampant, what do you expect?

In order to stop it, you have to fix the environment in which all of this is happening, or it will continue to perpetuate itself into future generations.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

"Black community"...first off, people are a product of their environment and secondly, you don't have an innate predisposition for "ghetto behavior". If someone is born into an impoverished area where gang violence and drugs run rampant, what do you expect?

In order to stop it, you have to fix the environment in which all of this is happening, or it will continue to perpetuate itself into future generations.
And that sir, is pure truth. Not an excuse, but reality.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

ATTENTION PEOPLE!!! This is NOT the BLACK COMMUNITY! Why do you insist on lumping ALL blacks into one socio-economic category?? MOST of us are nothing like these buffoons and they embarrass the hell out of most of us! There is no F@#$%&^ black community. So since I don't live in the ''hood'', my community is not my community?? Yeah...right. ATS has definitely changed over the years.
edit on 12-6-2012 by poloblack because: (no reason given)

Dont get upset about it. Teach people whats what. Mainly whites see blacks as whats represented here. Help people understand that this isnt ALL blacks. I think a lot of ATSers are " I have a black friend" types.. they have no real understanding. Take a deep breath and help them understand. Even if its rejected or ridiculed, you never know who is lurking and reading that you can touch and maybe plant a seed of understanding.
That's been my point in multiple threads Advantage. These morons don't represent me or the majority of black people. Thanks for your input bro.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IEtherianSoul9

And that sir, is pure truth. Not an excuse, but reality.

No actually it's not. STOP just please everybody stop making excuses for this behavior. Lets look at some other ethnic groups in america. Koreans, many came here not even knowing the language and on proportion these people own small business, buy goods, they strive. Indians, similar position as Koreans not knowing the language. But they come here and start businesses and succeed, we might make fun of them for owning a lot of quickie marts but HEY they own quickie marts!!! The sooner we start admitting the truth, that there is a fundamental problem with a culture that promote so much nonsensical violence, the better off we will be.

edit on 12-6-2012 by KnawLick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I take it you have never lived in the inner city. There are "normal people" in the ghetto and then there are "ghetto acting" people in the ghetto. The "ghetto acting" people are of all races, it does not matter. I've personally seen white, arab, black, and peurto rican acting "ghetto people". A higher percentage of black people live in the ghetto so people tend to assume "that's how they'll all act". Which is just ridiculous. It is about the environment, which people ARE a product of.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Just a bunch of knuckleheads looking for a minute of fame on the internet. What we just witnessed is the wholesale dumb down version of America that is being promulgated by MTV, two-bit recording artists who claim to be HipHop, tabloid drivel, and a bunch of flunkies and losers prancing around like they are some kind of role models because they are wealthy. Downfall of Western Civilization! It is only going to get worse.

These are not isolated incidents confined to one race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or any category. This is happening in every community across America. I am disgusted by it really. I am glad this garbage was posted on ATS, because it raises awareness about what the youth is up to. Hopefully, educators, parents, and other authority figures can get their stuff together and counsel these kids on proper behavior in public. The type of behavior displayed in video should not be celebrated or applauded by the youth or anyone for that matter.

Why is the term "HipHop," associated with the name of the website? What does barbarous behavior have to do with a type of music genre? It does not. Kids ought to listen to some of the older stuff from the 80's and 90's instead of the crap that is being paraded around today as HipHop music. They would find a stark contrast to what is being displayed on this website or among artists in the mainstream. Just my opinion. As for the OP, just a bunch of knuckleheads, and they come from all walks of life. Could be the inner-city or the suburbs. It does not matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
OK I'm the type of person who never logs in or post but i just had to jump in. World Star is just one website out of literally billions so it doesnt represent black people or black culture its just one website. Its very sad this thread turned into a this is what's wrong with black people thread. The website only gets a million hits a day im pretty sure there are way more black people than that. And we are on the internet and this is how it works there are again billions of websites with the same kind of content for people of all races. So please lets not turn this into a this is what's wrong with black culture thread and make this a this is what's wrong with the internet culture thread.
edit on 12-6-2012 by kingtr3y because: Some typos

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I do understand what your talking about. Just because I don't agree with standard ideology doesn't necessarily mean I never was poor. Your right though, it has more to do with social economic standards than race. But the morals and tenets that a culture choses to place importance on makes a big difference too. Generally asians value education more than white, blacks, regardless of economic background.

It's not just a black problem, this is pretty standard operating procedure for the worst among all of us.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You seem to be arguing against the OP. The thread title is, "WorldStarHipHop: Brainwashing Black America".

You say both, that we are a product of our environment, socio-economic status, and that these people choose this culture.

Do you not leave room for the brainwashing from channels of high influence, such as WSHH?

I'm just trying to understand your position.

Are you singling out African Americans from the ghetto as being particularly choosy of this "culture" of their own free will, as opposed to the OP's view that they are nefariously targeted by social engineers who set the new waves for cultural trends within a sect of society?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I'd say a poor socio-economic situation predisposes you to the possibility of an unstable home environment, which in turn breeds the abhorrent behavior we're discussing. That is the only argument that I see valid for economics influencing this type of behavior. Its the lack of fathers in the home and mothers not around that encourages this, not the poverty itself.

I am not trying to pick on black people. I just get frustrated because so many opportunities are available to advance their race within society and many seem to think its cool to do the opposite.

On a personal note. My best friend for most of my life was black. I moved away to college and even convinced him to come live with me for a year and go to school. He dropped out and went back home which is fine, schools not for everybody. But when he was around other black people he would regularly belittle the experience and make fun of education. I know this one friend doesn't represent the whole black community but I think this attitude is more common than we are willing to acknowledge.

edit on 12-6-2012 by KnawLick because: added a personal story

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGoneWILD

I am quoting KnawLick but I am addressing the OP.

Originally posted by KnawLick

But the morals and tenets that a culture choses to place importance on makes a big difference too.

That summed it up perfectly.

And I'd like to add that this tenet, this behavior, may have been popularized by people who lived in the ghetto, but it has been adopted by many youths in America who do not live in the ghetto. It has evolved into an American youth problem.

While I could agree that the website is further popularizing the behavior, I don't think it has been a major contributor to the problem, nor has it brainwashed masses of people. The behavior existed long before that website was even dreamt of, and it would still exist if that website didn't.

Personally, I think that website is just tapping into a behavioral problem in order to make money. No different than the Jerry Springer show or something like that.

In short: I don't think it's a psych-ops brainwashing thing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As much as I agree with the premise set forth by the OP.

That video of cheeseburger Josh was hilarious.

Apparently they made up later for a happy ending

edit on 6/12/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

And I'd like to add that this tenet, this behavior, may have been popularized by people who lived in the ghetto, but it has been adopted by many youths in America who do not live in the ghetto. It has evolved into an American youth problem.

No, it really hasn't. A suburban teen that listens to rap and tries to speak ebonics is NOT acting "ghetto. I would describe the "ghetto mindset" as a distinct form of environment bread sociopathy. Someone cannot just wake up one day and become it, you have to be around it to get it. It is a mental chicken pox of sorts.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
A lot of people on that website film themselves and 5 of their friends jumping white kids who are walking alone, they film their attack and robbery for WSH fame. It incriminates them, but they don't care.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
i'm sure martin luther king jr would be proud.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join