It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

illuminati symbolism is being used as a marketing scheme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Viral marketing, viral advertising, or marketing buzz are buzzwords referring to marketing techniques that use pre-existing social networks to produce increases in brand awareness or to achieve other marketing objectives (such as product sales) through self-replicating viral processes, analogous to the spread of viruses or computer viruses (cf. internet memes and memetics). It can be delivered by word of mouth or enhanced by the network effects of the Internet.[1] Viral marketing may take the form of video clips, interactive Flash games, advergames, ebooks, brandable software, images, or text messages. The ultimate goal of marketers interested in creating successful viral marketing programs is to create viral messages that appeal to individuals with high social networking potential (SNP) and that have a high probability of being presented and spread by these individuals and their competitors in their communications with others in a short period of time. The term "viral marketing" has also been used pejoratively to refer to stealth marketing campaigns—the unscrupulous use of astroturfing online combined with undermarket advertising[clarification needed] in shopping centers to create the impression of spontaneous word of mouth enthusiasm.[2]

seooutsourcingchick.com...

How to Use Memes in Your Internet Marketing Campaign
What is a Meme? Internet memes refer to any concept that spreads as a viral across the Internet. This can include stories, quotes, images, videos or audio. However, the most classic meme usually comes in the form of a funny or popular image accompanied by a funny headline. The word “meme” first appeared in 1976, in the book The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins, where the term meant “a unit of cultural knowledge that is passed between people”. On the Internet, the term has come to be synonymous with funny images with clever (or not so clever) messages that were first popularized by LOLCats (I can haz cheezburger?) So how can you use memes to increase your site’s traffic and build backlinks? Memes have three important properties that make them the ideal tool for social media and link building campaigns:

qbit.cc...

Yes, this commercial does make overt, absurd references to Illuminati symbolism– Mark of the Beast numerology, pyramids, eyes, etc. Yes, intelligence agencies and corporate-controlled media (newscorp/msnbcnnbc/numerous weblogs) engage in dissemination of covert propaganda. There is no doubt about that. But this particular piece of work may not be propaganda at all. This looks more like a viral marketing scheme, using conspiracy-minded viewers to say “look at the Illuminati symbolism in this new 63336 thing” to their friends. The number itself is what gets people to use the service, so every time the number is repeated, that’s brand imprinting. As they say, no pubicity is bad publicity.

I am really starting to get the vibe this illuminati symbolism in music videos, commercial, etc etc is nothing more than a way to advertise. Was wondering if anybody else was picking up on this

edit on 12-6-2012 by lobotomizemecapin because: grammatical error

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well this is just common sense. If something is a popular topic people are going to capitalize on it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yeah but people arent seeing it. I have never really been an illuminati believer but I am convinced it is a marketing scheme. I ran a bunch of searches on google seeing if anyone else was seeing this and found exactly one person who had asked this question on a site.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The Rothschild Guinness adverts have symbolism, but they also know too much in advance

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Yes, this has been going on for a while. It's not just "Illuminati" symbolism; it's occult symbolism. Kind of like if you look at all the pictures of musicians/celebrities from photoshoots, album covers, movie posters, etc. where they have one eye covered up, denoting the All-Seeing Eye. Now most of these celebrities are not in the Illuminati, but they are subliminally promoting these messages and symbols of the occult. They clearly sold their souls on one level or another to achieve fame. For example, look at how Jay-Z didn't become extremely mainstream in hip-hop music until he donned the Illuminati pyramid as the symbol of his record Label: Roc-A-Fella records. Granted, he was always a major player in hip-hop but after promoting the Pyramid symbol he reached a new level of fame and fortune.

They may not be Illuminati but they are puppets for them.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

I dont believe they are subliminally promoting the occult. I think they are just using it as a form of viral marketing and nothing more. I like symbolism and so do other people. Many people draw, wear, sculpt, etc, etc symbols with absolutely no ties to the beliefs attached. These illuminati symbols IMO are being used to advertise and not to show affiliation with any secret society.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Everytime those that are awake discover something the msm quickly throw it in everyones face. Why? . try waking someone up to the illuminati and they'll say "hahaha dont take all you see on tv too seriously"

You see, they dont realise that you actualy did some research, they think your just repeating something you saw on tv and because of that you wont be able to get them to look any closer.

Hidden in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I miss when all this stuff was underground. it was much cooler

now it's a mcdonalds commercial

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A lot of the youtube comments on rap/pop videos are largely people accusing the artist of being in the Illuminati. Marketing companies see this and run with it. It's a conversation piece...the more you talk about an artist the better.
edit on 12-6-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So what if they use symbolism to advertise? It's not as if Ra is going to materialize and claim copywrite infringement.

I think thousands of years of the same symbols being studied, used, and reevaluated would be used still today. Why wouldn't they? It's common sense.

new topics

top topics

join