It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs vs. Balloons - Help Please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I asked the question below on another thread, but apparently that thread was already dead. So, I'm still extremely curious to have this answered and know that there are those among you who can lay it all out. I'm asking specifically about the two videos below. Would someone help me???? Thank you in advance...
peace,
- AB

(PS - this is my very first ATS thread, so if I've messed something up, please be kind!!!)

I give you the NEW video from TX:

Originally posted by Juggernog
The date on this is June 06, 2012.
Definitely not CGI but it could be a balloon release. I really wish they would hurry up and make better smart phone cameras, lol.

And here is my original question, with the OLD film (props to gortex):

Originally posted by AboveBoard
I have a question, and I know there are some very experienced researchers out there who could help me with this - the video posted by the OP looks very similar to the video posted by gortex as a genuine ufo video on another thread (thank you to gortex). I've posted this below. The "genuineness" is discussed in the video, and it seems there are multiple factors happening, like going against the wind currents (I'm looking at the second Utah film primarily as being similar in the video below - at around 3:25 on the video), and ruling other things out. They specifically say in the movie that balloons have been ruled out.

After watching them both, I'm wondering - has a detailed analysis been done of the video posted by the OP? Do we know any of that information? (i.e. wind direction and speed) For the inexperienced person such as myself, I'm trying to figure out how the OP video can be easily debunked as balloon activity (I see the "cluster" which could be several balloons tied together.) I've posted the 1950's era video below. Now if the video gortex posted is a hoax, please let me know that too. Please help! I claim ignorance and have an open, beginners mind...
Thank you!!
peace, AB

From the ufocasebook site:

The first day, they viewed two amateur motion pictures of UFO’s: the 1950 Montana UFO Film and 1952 Utah UFO Film (the latter was taken by Navy Chief Petty Officer Delbert C. Newhouse, who had extensive experience with aerial photography). Two Navy photograph and film analysts (Lieutenants R.S. Neasham and Harry Woo) then reported their conclusions: the two films depicted objects that were not any known aircraft, creature or weather phenomena. Air Force Captain Edward J. Ruppelt then began a summary of Air Force efforts regarding UFO studies.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Maybe if the first video had been scrutinized as much as the second, you would know what you're looking at

Both sets of footage in second video were thoroughly analyzed and are UFOs, the first vid MIGHT be UFOS. Personally, i can't see much as the camera focus is too fuzzy, but they move like balloons to me.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Thanks for the reply!

I even went to Weather Underground to get wind data from 6/6/12, but who knows what direction the things were going?? Who knows how fast?? How high up were they????? And would the wind data from WU be relevant to that elevation??????? *sigh* Impossible...

There was no mention of this "sighting" in the news or elsewhere other than the video that I could find. That points to it not really being mysterious, also? I would think it would be a big deal, dozens of UFOs over the area and all...

I'm curious if you would define how their movement made you feel they were balloons, with no other data? Thank you so much! - AB

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveBoard

Thanks for the reply!

I even went to Weather Underground to get wind data from 6/6/12, but who knows what direction the things were going?? Who knows how fast?? How high up were they????? And would the wind data from WU be relevant to that elevation??????? *sigh* Impossible...

There was no mention of this "sighting" in the news or elsewhere other than the video that I could find. That points to it not really being mysterious, also? I would think it would be a big deal, dozens of UFOs over the area and all...

I'm curious if you would define how their movement made you feel they were balloons, with no other data? Thank you so much! - AB

If you forget the fuzzy focus and think oval/circular, as in shape of balloons, they fit imo. I don't see any movements that balloons couldn't do here, not saying they are balloons, it's just what I think.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I can see that, too. To be clear, I wasn't challenging anything, or promoting a viewpoint one way or the other, really just curious. I watched it (yet again) for any movement that could indicate other than "drifting along." The camera work doesn't help for that! I could see being excited to see this and filming it - in the moment it would seem very unusual. I believe in the old film there is a moment where one of the ufos reverses direction - the quality of the film is really bad and I couldn't make it out, but its in the commentary. That would certainly indicate something a little more unusual.

I try to maintain both openness to possibility and an eye-brow raised logical approach - but I'm no Spock! I bow to the wisdom of others...

Thanks again, Z!

- AB

top topics

join