It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Plans Nuclear-Powered Sub

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I love how in some of the threads on this site, we talk about how terrible nuclear power is. It's an agenda to make money. It's evil and terrible and should not even exist. So then we have threads like these, where people say how wrong it is that anyone tries to stop a country like Iran from developing nuclear plants, subs, etc. We should let them have all the nukes they want!

I don't think Iran should have nuclear anything to be honest. They are hardly a peace loving nation. I don't think ANY country should at this point, be allowed to further develop nuclear technology. It's obviously a MISTAKE. Combine the two and no.. they shouldn't have nuclear subs, or anything else nuclear. I don't care how "unfair" it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Lets face it, your not getting a nuclear powered submarine Iran, and if you try and build one TPTB will make it go bye'bye. In fact you will be lucky if you still have a country that dosent glow in the dark in the next 6 months. Im not avocating this by any manner or means, just the way i see things transpiring if we/they keep going down this road.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Well, if a nuclear sub would be on a technological level with their recent release of those stupid "stealth" coastal seaplanes, we would expect they will be using for hulls some of their not-currently-in-use oil tanks.

You have to wonder just stupid can those people be? It is like they are coming from a 19th century mindset and here they are messin' around with radioactive materials. I am not against them as a nation, but I fear that they will sooner or later pull a Japanese/Soviet blunder and contaminate another large area of the world. How much more of this can the earth and we take?

So, I'm starting to re-evaluate my opinion that they should have all of the nukes they desire.

Stupid enough to safely land an American drone intact. Stupid enough to avoid a Japanese blunder after the us and Israel deliberately infected their centrifuges. You retards think iran is in the stone age like Afghanistan. Can you even find it on a map?
edit on 13-6-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

Ah but what about making them for others?Why enrich uranium with no containment buildings no reactor site and no modification to the current infrastructure to accept the new power source?
These Fatwas are quite flexible anyway.I do recall a fatwa against killing women and children.
Another lie to kill the "Great Satan" free thought,American values.Continue discussion.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Why would nuclear powered subs need higher enrichment than a nuclear power plant? I admit I know nothing about nuclear subs, but shouldn't they work the same way?

Small design.smaller package meaning the fuel needed would have to be able to produce more power hence "enriched".

Great Iran wants a nuclear sub nuclear power for peace eh?

A sub is used only for one thing.

You should re-read my post... Gawd. You could have read that I answered my own question.
And all Uranium at 20% is already enriched hence you don't really know what you are talking about.
Subs are used for one thing? What's that one thing? Defending your coast line? If you are implying they are building Missile subs I don't think you realize the level of tech. that requires.

We are moving into very dangerous territory here.
edit on 6/13/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't know what all the arguing is about. Regardless if Iran does or doesn't have the technology to build a nuclear powered sub, TPTB will use this against them. I think that if the talks next week fail (which they will) Israel will start a bombing campaign shortly. Israel and even the U.S. have been planning this for years. They think they are prepared for what is going to transpire. I don't think they are prepared for all out global war, but that is what all of this will eventually lead to.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Look, Iran already has flying saucers and flying boats and now folks are in an uproar because they want a nuclear powered sub? Big deal.

You left out the Flying monkeys and carpets...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
I don't know what all the arguing is about. Regardless if Iran does or doesn't have the technology to build a nuclear powered sub, TPTB will use this against them. I think that if the talks next week fail (which they will) Israel will start a bombing campaign shortly.

I think we/they will wait a bit for Saudi Arabia to downgrade the price of oil for a bit longer. I am not sure what you mean by shortly, but I'm thinking a couple of months will pass, but I don't think they would wait any longer than that at all.

This is making me nervous...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Here we go again...anti US rhetoric and same old BS comments against the US. The amount of anti-US policy comments are amazing and it makes it seem as if every other country has a clean Domestic and Foreign policies.

For those who do not like the US Government and its foreign policies can either vote otherwise during elections or leave the country and go stay with the country of their choice where their idealism and ideals will be preserved (Good Luck).

For those who are outside the US (non US nationals) can either put up or shut up or vote for their choice of government in their countries whose ideals and policies does not align with US foreign policies.

Things are the way they are. There is nothing you and I can do to stop things that were planned years ago..especially on ATS with BS and anti-US comments of the same nature over and over...again and again in multiple threads.
Wars are nothing new be it Western Wars or Persian Wars and so is Military Technologies.

Warfare
edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content.

edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Thats funny? isn't the same thing they said about Iraq?

The "Mother of all battles"?

edit on 13-6-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Yep...except that the Father of Iraq fled and was found hiding underground with his immediate humble requests for food when the US Soldiers found him

edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by disiswhoitb
Neo96 is a paid shill. I wonder how how much money he makes trolling the boards of various message boards peddling his stupidity???
Funny It can be concluded for everyone who disagrees with each others opinions on ATS
Does that make everyone a paid shill who disagrees with someone's opinion or viewpoint? If thats the case, we have plenty of anti-us members on this board. I'm assuming they're paid shills from foreign countries?
Common now. This is a conspiracy theory and discussion board and unless you really think this board's discussions can really influence the geopolitics, I seriously dont know how many members are really a paid shill for both pro and anti US policies

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Show where they have violated the NPT. All of you Israeli supporters scream this but can't back it up.

Please!! Iran has 18 Nuclear Proliferation Violations!

Iran’s systematic violations of the NPT are well documented. Despite Iran’s insistence that its nuclear program is exclusively for peaceful purposes, the evidence shows beyond a reasonable doubt that Iran’s nuclear work is not consistent with any other application than the development of a nuclear weapon. Iran continues to conceal its nuclear program and conduct enrichment-related activities, in violation of the NPT, the IAEA Safeguards Agreement, all subsequent IAEA Safeguards Resolutions, and numerous United Nations Security Council Resolutions.

Iran Nuclear Program/Proliferation Violations: 18

8 IAEA Resolutions,

6 UNSC Resolutions,

4 Treaties/Agreements;

link

HERE is the complete 28 page report detailing Iran’s numerous violations.

edit on 13-6-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
And why cant they have a nuclear sub if they want?

If some country tried to tell us we couldnt make something that they already owned, wed prolly tell em to go eat there shotrts. I dont see what the difference is here.

Imagine your country was held back by the US who would not allow you to advance technologically? These guys are gonna attack you one way or another and i cant really blame them...

Besides there are worse technology then bombs. What would be more alarming, Iran testing Nukes? Or Israel testing bio and chemichal weapons?? And Or the USA genetically modifying everything in site...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Good.

I hope they are able to achieve their ambitions.

Maybe if they get nukes, it will scare off the United States from attacking them.

Worked for Pakistan..

..oh wait.

Seriously though,

I hope Iran is able to get its nuke program up and running in a significant and meaningful way, because then it will come to pass one of two scenarios.

1. Iranian/Israeli COLD WAR

ending with

2. NUKE WAR
3. NO NUKE WAR

And then it will be over and I can watch America's Kid's Got Singing or whatever.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Here we go again...anti US rhetoric and same old BS comments against the US. The amount of anti-US policy comments are amazing and it makes it seem as if every other country has a clean Domestic and Foreign policies.

For those who do not like the US Government and its foreign policies can either vote otherwise during elections or leave the country and go stay with the country of their choice where their idealism and ideals will be preserved (Good Luck).

For those who are outside the US (non US nationals) can either put up or shut up or vote for their choice of government in their countries whose ideals and policies does not align with US foreign policies.

Things are the way they are. There is nothing you and I can do to stop things that were planned years ago..especially on ATS with BS and anti-US comments of the same nature over and over...again and again in multiple threads.
Wars are nothing new be it Western Wars or Persian Wars and so is Military Technologies.

Warfare
edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content.

edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

Did you expect ANYTHING less?

Even if those who live here,and constantly "bash" the US for anything and everything,moved,they would still harbor resentment for the US.That's if their countries of choice,allow them on the internet.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This is not a statement from the UN. Let's see their rulings not just some blog site.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Israel got their a**es kicked in Lebanon in 2006 by Hezbollah, that's exactly who will attack immediately after Israel thinks it can attack Iran with no blow back.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by disiswhoitb
reply to post by Gazrok

Israel got their a**es kicked in Lebanon in 2006 by Hezbollah, that's exactly who will attack immediately after Israel thinks it can attack Iran with no blow back.

Israel lost a lot of tanks because hezbollah was supplied with modern Lock on AT weapons. I think the Eryx. If their supply dried up the next war is not going to end as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Another warmongering jew who wants us Americans to die for Israel. This is not about a nuclear threat. It is about weakening the neighbors of Israel. This 'intel' is the same kind of 'intel' that made us walk into Iraq just to find potato canons, dust and death.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Precisely. There are so many things I do not approve or agree with the Govt policies but B&M on some forum or website wouldn't make any/much difference with the geopolitical reality which most of us are unaware/untold about except for what we read and/or see on MSM/Intenet. It might yield some awareness but not the complete long term picture which even despite their criticizm, some citizens continue to enjoy the lifestyle provided by their politicians by hook or crook
Everyone loves to criticize but not many would be willing to make that necessary move/change in their personal behavior/aspirations and/or lifestyle that would influence the masses or individuals in their countries to change/influence the government policies
This is the truth.
edit on 13-6-2012 by hp1229 because: add content

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join