It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No fly zone set for Manchester.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is surely going to get the conspiracy theories flying in,

fighter Jets on Old trafford terror alert for 2012 Olympic matches

Fighter jets are on stand-by to reach Old Trafford in 20 minutes if terrorists mount an air attack during Olympic football matches, the M.E.N. can reveal. A two-mile no-fly zone will be enforced around the stadium as part of an unprecedented package of security measures. Armed and undercover police officers will be out in force, and all fans will be searched before being allowed to enter the ground. Military radar will be used to detect any breaches of the no-fly zone – with Eurofighter Typhoons on alert to intercept any planes that fail to comply. The eyes of the world will be on United's stadium during the games, with the football tournament kicking off two days before the official opening ceremony. Greater Manchester Police and the security services have been planning their Olympic operation for the past six months. A spokesman for the Ministry of Defence said there were no 'specific threats' against any of the venues being used for the Games, including Old Trafford. But he added: “MI5, MI6 and all the security services are working all the time to gather any intelligence relating to threats. “The no-fly zones are sensible precautions along with the enhanced addition of up to four typhoons at three bases across the country.” It is understood Eurofighters will be placed on stand-by at RAF bases in Northholt near London, Coningsby in Lincolnshire, and Leuchars in Scotland. MoD sources said it would take 20 minutes to scramble and fly one of the 1,550mph jets to Manchester. The no-fly zone will be in place during, before and after each of the Olympic football matches taking place at the stadium. The first game at Old Trafford takes place on July 26, the day before the official opening ceremony. The no-fly zone will be in place from 2pm to 10.45pm on that day. The zone will also be enforced on July 29 (9am-5.45pm), July 31 (2.15pm-8.15pm), August 1 (2pm-8pm), August 4 (9am-3pm), August 6 (4.45pm-10.45pm), and August 7 (5.45pm-10.45pm).

Make what you want of it, but i personally have a very bad feeling about this, As well as Surface to air missiles in London, sonic weapons that disperses crowds by creating “head-splitting pain, Mossad working on the security, Warships on the thames.snipers, Drones Can you blame me for being a little worried ?

I also noticed something else when i was reading this paper, Apprently Manchester Airport is closing for repairs for 4 nights. I'm not saying i belive the 13'000 to die at the olympics conspiracy but this is starting to make me wonder. Well guess we'll all find out soon enough and you can come back to this thread and call me an idiot. Honestly i don't mind Haha

Manchester airport to shut for 4 nights

The main runway at Manchester Airport is to shut for four nights for repair work. Runway One will close from 10pm-6am for four nights from tonight to allow work on the taxiways near the runway to be carried out. Night-time take-offs and landings will be switched to Runway Two but passengers should not be affected. Airport chiefs admit the work may cause some disruption to neighbours because the flight path will temporarily alter – but say the work is essential. Planes are not normally allowed to land on the second runway between 10.30pm-6am but the airport has permission to use it for emergencies or maintenance. It will be carried out by the airport’s engineering teams and will include surveys as well as structural repairs. Although no work will take place on the runway itself, it will have to close for safety reasons because the engineers will need access to the main runway exits. The work could be postponed if there is bad weather or poor visibility but airport bosses have notified neighbours who could be affected by noise. Wendy Sinfield, the airport’s community relations manager, said: “We are aware that such works have the potential to cause disturbance to those living close to the airport site and have endeavoured to communicate with as many local residents as possible including those who have previously contacted us. “No work is taking place on the runway itself, but on areas of the runway strip and exits. “To ensure the safety of our passengers and those carrying out the works, the safest way to carry out the works is to close Runway One whilst they are underway and operate from Runway Two.” Last year, bosses completed a £20m refurbishment of Runway One – meaning it had to be closed at night for eight months. It was the biggest runway refurbishment since the airport opened in 1938. Read more at: menmedia.co.uk...

la2

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
To me it seems like they have a credible threat that they cant prevent before it happens, all these measures seem to be damage limitation, never has Olympic security been this high.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

Yeah i know. There are millions of people who would disrupt the Olympics if they could. If the Government have pulled off all these false flag attacks people say they have done then i'm sure this will be there biggest one yet. The World will be watching.

la2

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
well I hope it all goes ok, the Typhoons buzzed my local area last month on a drill, was scary as hell the noise they make.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by la2

yeah they do seem pretty intimidating. i'm only like 5 miles away from Manchester city centre. so will update whatever happens. hopefully nothing. but we'll soon see. Peace

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You'd think an actual No fly zone being imposed in Manchester would gain a bit more interest than this. We all know what happened the last time a no fly zone was imposed. It involved Death. and the timing for them shutting the airport down for 4 nights is kinda strange. A lot of moving about could be done in 4 days, donthca think ? If there's the perfect chance for a false flag ever to be done. This is it. Mods feel free to put this in skunk works if needed.

I certainly wont be attending any Olympic games, i'll be watching them safely sat at home. whilst wearing my tin foil hat of course

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I wish nothing but the best for the peoples of Great Britain, with the exception of a few bloodlines of course.
But it seems any time there is a no fly zone, that means people get bombed and troops are sent in to clean up the rest.
Be careful brothers and sisters across the pond.
Not from the brown man but from terrorists in fighter jets.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

As soon as i heard No fly zone, the first thought that popped in my head was Libya. Oh and the Syrian 'Rebels' have just called for a no fly zone, but we all know what they really mean.

Syrian rebels call for No fly zone.

A Syrian rebel spokesman says they are no longer committed to Annan’s ceasefire. He has called for a UN-backed “peace enforcement mission” or a no-fly zone to replace the monitoring mission, demands the UN chief has rejected. On Friday, the rebel military council had given Syrian President Bashar al-Assad an ultimatum to end violence in the country or face armed reprisals. "We have decided to end our commitment to this [plan] and starting from that date [Friday] we began defending our people," rebel spokesman Major Sami al-Kurdi told Reuters news agency. Kurdi was hopeful the current UN-led observer mission to be transformed into “a peace enforcing mission,” with a no-fly zone and a buffer zone being implemented with a mind to toppling the current government.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Thetawave because: .

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thetawave

Agreed, maybe the Brits can all take holiday for the time there will be a "no fly zone" just in case of a "terrorist attack".
Best wishes for our Brit Brothers and Sisters.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by la2
To me it seems like they have a credible threat that they cant prevent before it happens, all these measures seem to be damage limitation, never has Olympic security been this high.

It has actually, Beijing and Athens all had large security operations.

You guys are way too paranoid. I'm on my mobile at the moment but I'll comment further later

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

A five-mile no-fly zone is to be in place around Manchester United’s Old Trafford grounds to protect Olympic footballers. Typhoon fighter jets will be on stand-by to reach the stadium within 20 minutes if terrorists mounted an air attack during part of the London 2012 Games taking place there. Armed and undercover police will also be in place to protect fans and competitors at Old Trafford which hosts its first Olympics game on July 26 a day before the opening ceremony. The MoD stressed there was no specific threat. “The no-fly zones are sensible precautions along with the enhanced addition of up to four Typhoons at three bases.i

Source

Make what you want of it, We'll soon see when the Olympics is over. Sucks living in the 5 mile radius tho. suppose it could be worse, I could have Surface to Air missiles on my roof like some people

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I never even knew that Man-U was an olympic venue. Given I live 3.2 miles from the grounds and cycle past often, thats going to be as inconvenient as heck, with all the security etc.

A 5 mile no-fly zone is odd, because there is actually an airport within that 5 mile zone.

City Airport, formerly known as (and still is known as to locals) Barton Aerodrome. Where the police helicopters launch from, the air ambulance launches from, and a host of private teaching, pleasure and charter aircraft are based. I wonder how its going to affect them.

top topics

join