It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by FreedomCommander
1. The Earth is smoother than a billiard ball. FALSE, if this was true then Newton's theory of gravity would be true and we would have flat lands all over the place with minor erosions here and there.
4. OK, one more surfacey thing: the Earth is not exactly aligned with its geoid. FALSE, using math to explain everything would be considered living in you OWN reality, which means what you say is what you believe and what you believe is true and is the only truth. Dangerous for those that haven't tested.
5. Jumping into hole through the Earth is like orbiting it. FALSE, they are assuming that the Earth is a solid ball. Assumption is a very bad idea when dealing with the Earth, Earth is a hollow planet, in fact all planets are hollow planets including the Sun. Plus, if the Earth is really a solid ball, then how come we are still here? Because what they've said is false. I can pump out facts that say why we are still here and not in some other solar system.
6. The Earth’s interior is hot due to impacts, shrinkage, sinkage, and radioactive decay. FALSE, Who in the world made this article, they sound more like arrogant people that read propaganda more than real hard facts. Reference to previous question, Hollow Earth has a glowing ball of fire in the center, this is the Inner Sun, this is equal to our binary star called the Sun. As well, they don't know the truth, so to me, they are taking blind shots in the dark and missing on all shots. I have read more accounts of people going to Hollow Earth and coming back out, and longing to go back because life there is WAY better than here on the surface, including for humans. Men, they run faster, jump higher and have more charm than any man here on Surface Earth. Women, they too have the same thing but their beauty is legend, even those that are common folk are beautiful, "Men will melt in front of them" kind of beauty.
8. The Earth is getting more massive. TRUE, No Duh! It's living and breathing, just like a baby to adult, it grows. Say the Earth is dead, and your calling yourself a dead man.
10. (Finally!) Destroying the Earth is hard. FALSE, on the surface no, Hollow Earth, some what. Let me send you people that are reading what I have learned. VOLCANOES! Volcanoes act like a pressure valve, too many pressure valves and the Earth is no more. Inner Earth, Destroy the inner sun and the Earth will collapse on itself due to the force that is being exerted on it, name that is common to most "Gravity." but to those that are unorthodox it's called, "Electromagnetic Force" This Inner Sun is keeping us all alive, without it, we are no more.
The Question (Submitted January 27, 1998) I recently learned that the universe is governed by four forces. I know that one of them is gravity. Could you please tell me the other three if you know what they are. The Answer You are right-- there are four known forces: 1. Gravity - This force acts between all mass in the universe and it has infinite range. 2. Electromagnetic - This acts between electrically charged particles. Electricity, magnetism, and light are all produced by this force and it also has infinite range. 3. The Strong Force - This force binds neutrons and protons together in the cores of atoms and is a short range force. 4. Weak Force - This causes Beta decay (the conversion of a neutron to a proton, an electron and an antineutrino) and various particles (the "strange" ones) are formed by strong interactions but decay via weak interactions (that's what's strange about "strangeness"). Like the strong force, the weak force is also short range. The weak and electromagnetic interactions have been unified under electroweak theory (Glashow, Weinberg, and Salaam were awarded the Nobel Prize for this in 1979). Grand unification theories attempt to treat both strong and electroweak interactions under the same mathematical structure; attempts to include gravitation in this picture have not yet been successful. Hope this helps, Jeff Silvis and Mark Kowitt
Originally posted by thegagefather
Your post was okay, but calling 3 somewhat boring facts "10 things you didn't know about earth" is just blatant lying for hits.
Originally posted by CaptChaos
THough the Earth is not spherical, it is an oblate spheroid, the surface roughness is smoother than the most precision ball bearings that can be made. This is counting the distance from the Marianas Trench, deepest part of the oceans, to the top of Everest. It is still smoother than we can make any precision ball bearings.
Even with the protruding equator due to centripetal force, the earth is still rounder than a billiard ball.
I have done all of the math before and it IS true. Also, I am a semi professional billiards player, a professional instructor and a custom cue maker...
Originally posted by Qumulys
EA used that headline because thats the way it is meant to be done! It is one of the rules on thread titles when linking to another article....
Originally posted by CannibalCorpse1982
The earth is fourth dimensional. People just don't realize it
Originally posted by dimethylmercury
Here's another thing about Earth that many people don't know:
Earth is a Proper noun.
One should no more refer to "the Earth" than one would "the Mars", "the London" or "the Canada".
Earth (or the Earth) is the third planet from the Sun, and the densest and fifth-largest of the eight planets in the Solar System.
And, (don't laugh!!) but it's the same cause that explain why tall and big animals such as giraffa and elephant can only live in equatorial points of earth Less gravity in there (little amount) than other places and their heart can send blood to farther distances from the surface of earth. So in practice we see that much little increase of gravity has noteworthy effect in animal bulk.