It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
just so people can dig....here they are...in order.
1) The Earth is smoother than a billiard ball.
2) The Earth is an oblate spheroid
3) The Earth isn’t an oblate spheroid.
4) OK, one more surfacey thing: the Earth is not exactly aligned with its geoid
5) Jumping into hole through the Earth is like orbiting it.
6) The Earth’s interior is hot due to impacts, shrinkage, sinkage, and radioactive decay.
7) The Earth has at least five natural moons. But not really.
8) The Earth is getting more massive.
9) Mt. Everest isn’t the biggest mountain.
10) Destroying the Earth is hard.
Originally posted by tyranny22
I'd star and flag the post, but I'm waiting for the other 7 things I didn't know.
Any time frame on when they will be posted?
Originally posted by 12voltz
As for the 20-40 tons a day weightgain ,wouldnt the amount of material thats removed and converted into ejected or burnt material counter the obesity. Like satellites,explosives,burning wood and coal etc.
Not that it matters anyway as the earth just a great place to be no matter how fat and smooth she getsedit on 13-6-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)