It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone crash in Maryland last night June 11 2012??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was listening to Coast to Coast early this morning, about 1am - ish. George Noory was giving some news briefs. He talked about the recent CME, the LA Kings winning the Stanley Cup, the fire in Colorado and he mentioned something about a drone that crashed in Maryland around Chesapeake.

Has anyone else heard about this or did anyone hear about this on Coast to Coast?

I found a short article about it here:

rt.com...

I did a search but have not seen where this has been posted yet.
edit on 12-6-2012 by wevebeenassimilated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Must be the drone that is being towed on the 95 looking like a UFO near Washington DC. Guess we know what they look like now.

So, if you see an invasion of the UFO's, it's really the man-made drones pretending.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It was an RQ-4 Block 10 BAMS demonstrator for the US Navy. It was flying out of Pax River NAS on a test mission, and went down about 20 miles outside the base near a river.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
From what little I am finding out from articles here and there on MSM is that it was a test drone. Either one of five or one of two -- I've read conflicting reports and they are for "broad area maritime surveillance".

I'm wondering why they would be testing it around Chesapeake? These drones are already in use in Afghanistan and who knows where else; they obviously know how the drones work and how to use them.

The drone doesn't carry weapons; instead, it's equipped with powerful radars that allow it to "see" 360 degrees for hundreds of miles, beaming high-resolution images to analysts on the ground.

This from here: hamptonroads.com... ds-eastern-shore another article I found about the crash.

Was this one out there collecting intelligence and something went wrong?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Do we get a refund?

Seriously, why are we watching ourselves? Do they need to see who has swimming pools and who doesn't? My guess is that these things can see beyond the trees and into the bathrooms of our grannies; then they bring in the Predator drones?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The comments on rt are heavy . Some serious statements . Obama is less popular than /bush?

Anyhow there must be a positive side to drones , i liked the personal training one , use the force jedi

Even if Hitler probably invented them

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The video shows an RQ-170 at the end. Is that what crashed?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Unfortunately this is the first of thousands yes thousands to come crashing into your neighbourhood and you and I will have no recourse at all.
Link......
www.inquisitr.com...
english.cri.cn...

It is here and it is now and it is not going away.
George had it right with his novel and now it seems to be not so novel at all.

S&F
Regards Iwinder

edit on 12-6-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

There is a positive side...they're positively are spying on us!

Seriously though...I believe these drones are for no other purpose than to spy on the populace. What really sucks is that very few people even know these drone are out there flying around over US soil. The articles are "nothing articles"...small, short, you can really only find them if you are looking for them. Maybe it was a major headline at one point but if it was it was brief. So how many people in America even know about this? My guess is d@mn few.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wevebeenassimilated

No, the RQ-4 in use in Afghanistan is different. The BAMS version is still being tested. They are different beasts. The RQ-4 in use in Afghanistan is the Block 30 designed for intelligence collection, where this one is an old Block 10, designed to watch large areas of the ocean, searching for ships. The sensors, and several other things on them are totally different.

They're testing it there, because of Pax River NAS. It's one of the Navy's major testing areas for new aircraft. The X-47B is being tested there currently, as well as the carrier version of the F-35.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the Intel Zap regarding that particular Drone. I did read that the purpose of drone that crashed was maritime surveillance.

I did a little more searching and found an article from The Week, dated June 8th. Maybe some of these tidbits have already been posted on ATS...if so, sorry for the redundancy.

Congress, relaxed the rules for deploying unmanned aerial vehicles. Police departments across the country can now fly drones weighing up to 25 pounds, as long as the aircraft stay within sight of the operator and fly no higher than 400 feet (so as not to get in the way of commercial aircraft). More rules easing restrictions on commercial drones are expected by 2015. By the end of the decade, the FAA expects 30,000 unmanned aerial vehicles — some as small as birds — to be peering down on American soil.

A year or so ago I saw a video of the hummingbird drone prototype idea. So in the near future people won't know if the hummingbirds that come in to their gardens are real or there to spy on them!

They're not armed with missiles. But otherwise, the technology is similar, with domestic drones ranging in size from a small airplane to a hummingbird. The Predator drone used on the border has a 66-foot wingspan and needs a runway to take off. Most other drones are made to be easier to use: They might be launched by hand, like the military's Raven, or fit in the trunk of a car, like the Qube police drone. Many are controlled remotely from the ground via a laptop or even an iPad, while others can fly autonomously on a programmed flight path. AeroVironment, a leading supplier of military drones, has developed a palm-size hummingbird drone that carries a video camera and weighs less than a AA battery. It's capable of flying 11 miles per hour and landing on a window ledge, where it can record sound and video.

Only 50% of Americans oppose drones use in domestic skies!! Seriously? The other half doesn't mind being spied on or are they ignorant to what is going on?

"You want to sunbathe in the nude on your own property?" says Jay Stanley of the ACLU. "Now you can't be sure nobody is watching you." That prospect alarms many people: A recent Rasmussen poll found that more than 50 percent of Americans oppose drones' use in domestic skies. Still, in separate cases in 1986 and 1989, the Supreme Court ruled that police don't need a warrant to observe a private property from public airspace. And some argue that in this era of private data mining, government scrutiny of emails and phone calls, and ubiquitous security cameras in public places, privacy is already moot. What remains to be seen is how the public reacts as drones regularly start showing up overhead. "The technology is here," says Peter W. Singer, a robotics expert at the Brookings Institution. "And it isn't going away."

And to top it all -- if one is a tinkerer...build your own drone in your garage and spy on your neighbors!

A drone of one's own Drone manufacturers and law enforcement aren't the only ones eager to see unmanned vehicles hit the skies. There's a growing and enthusiastic subculture of do-it-yourself drone-makers across the United States, who spend weekends tinkering on homemade drones. Chris Anderson, the editor-in-chief of Wired magazine, is perhaps their biggest evangelist. Several years ago, he brought home a toy robotics kit and a remote-controlled airplane and combined the two, so that the plane could fly on autopilot. His kids went back to their video games, but Anderson was hooked. He created DIYDrones.com, a site for amateur drone enthusiasts that now has more than 25,000 members. They say the proliferation of cheap sensors, chips, and cameras makes it easier than ever to assemble your own flying robot. "If you have an iPhone or an Android, you basically have an autopilot in your pocket," says Anderson, who compares DIY drone-makers to early personal computer hobbyists. "Right now, drones are scary," Anderson says. "I'd like to make them unscary."

The full article is here: theweek.com... -a-guide

Of course, the reality is, as the article says, drones are here to stay and there is nothing one can do about it, SO anytime you want to have a serious conversation, better turn up the music and turn on all the water or something...maybe learn telepathy??
edit on 13-6-2012 by wevebeenassimilated because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2012 by wevebeenassimilated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wevebeenassimilated

Only 50% of Americans oppose drones use in domestic skies!! Seriously? The other half doesn't mind being spied on or are they ignorant to what is going on?

How many Americans oppose police helicopters and aircraft? Much less than 50% I would bet...

new topics

top topics

join