It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: Lauryn Hill Responds To Tax Evasion Allegations With Conspiracy Theory Rant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Is Lauryn Hill an artist genuinely struggling against the oppression of external forces? Or merely another kooky victim of the pressures of fame? You can make up your own mind as you read her full press statement:

Full article including full press statement

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.
edit on Tue Jun 12 2012 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
She should shut her racist ass up and pay her taxes.

No conspiracy here, just another rich ``tax the rich`` tax evader.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Good i hope she starts a trend, the income tax is unconstiutional and was never properly ratified. It is also against the fifth amendment by forcing people to incriminate themselves by filing out tax forms. It is also unconstitutional because we have the right to be secure in our papers (income statements). The federal reserve note is unconstitutional because it is a bill of credit and not backed by gold. The Jekyll Island gang created the federal reserve on december 23 1913, the same year the 16th amendment was forced through. One year later in 1914 world war 1 started and the WARS HAVE NOT STOPPED SINCE.

The income tax and the federal reserve create the funding for war. If you pay income taxes you are part of the problem.

Not coincidentally, the ADL was also started in 1913 most likely to protect the Jewish bankers such as Morgan, Schiff, Warburg, Kuhn, Lehman, Rothschild, Rockefellar that created the federal reserve.

We are soveriegn individuals, our will comes from our selves, not god, politicians, or laws. If you do not exercise this power you are not Lord but slave.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have to be honest here, it prettymuch sounds like she was not selling as well as before and was not making as much money as she wanted (boo-hoo), then when the demand and media shifted it's attention(and wallet) to younger, more in demand talent, she got upset and took her toys and went home. Mad at the world and a ego just as large she has tricked herself in to believing that by the entertain business not paying her what she wants that it is a legitimate form of freedom of speech violation, and most likely used this as a reason to 'go underground' (read: not pay her taxes).

Or in a nutshell, a rich spoiled bitch mad she is no longer in demand. What a nut job! Years ago she said on (I think it was lettermen) she would rather see her kids burn alive than to sell another album to a white person. She should be exiled...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Good on her! Why should she pay for the murder of millions of people? Why should she pay to be oppressed? I have to add this song to your thread, I love it and it has perked me up on many occasions...

I get out too! I won't pay any tax/theft either! Can you even pay a theft? lol Surely she's just refusing to be stolen from? Isn't that honorable?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

How is Lauryn Hill racist?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
She should shut her racist ass up and pay her taxes.

No conspiracy here, just another rich ``tax the rich`` tax evader.

She's not racist, unless you are trying to promote the long-since debunked claim that she said she'd rather die than have White people buy her albums.

Snopes article debunking Lauryn Hill being racist claim
edit on 6/12/2012 by shaluach because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew

Or in a nutshell, a rich spoiled bitch mad she is no longer in demand. What a nut job! Years ago she said on (I think it was lettermen) she would rather see her kids burn alive than to sell another album to a white person. She should be exiled...

Homebrew, no she didn't. Check the link: Click here . That false claim was debunked long ago. So please research the facts before calling for her "exile"

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
One year later in 1914 world war 1 started and the WARS HAVE NOT STOPPED SINCE.

What makes you think that wars started in 1914?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
since when did the truth become

Conspiracy Theory ?

let alone Conspiracy Theory Rant?

rant?,,,i say bravo!
rant????

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
since when did the truth become

Conspiracy Theory ?

let alone Conspiracy Theory Rant?

rant?,,,i say bravo!
rant????

I agree, Bob. That's why I put "Article:" in the subject matter so that people would know that's what the article is biasly titled, and not my own personal viewpoint on the matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

sorry,,,

bump

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have never heard of her before, and aside from today's video inclusion I doubt I ever will; however, that was a nice statement that if we do not want to be a party to war and killing we simply stop paying taxes.

I am happy to say that I have not paid any taxes in several years, 2008 to be exact; I have always filed but there was nothing to claim but "zero". I didn't file this year and I doubt I will given the fact this is "the end" for Babylon!

It is a restful feeling that I have done my part! You can blame me for the demise of the Union as I am a Free man! I even work for Free!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I have never heard of her before, and aside from today's video inclusion I doubt I ever will; however, that was a nice statement that if we do not want to be a party to war and killing we simply stop paying taxes.

I am happy to say that I have not paid any taxes in several years, 2008 to be exact; I have always filed but there was nothing to claim but "zero". I didn't file this year and I doubt I will given the fact this is "the end" for Babylon!

It is a restful feeling that I have done my part! You can blame me for the demise of the Union as I am a Free man! I even work for Free!

Hear, hear, Greensage! Well said!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

ME TOO

filed but there was nothing to claim but "zero". ,,
i dont mean an accountants zero either,

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I even work for Free!

retired u mean,,lol,,

i work for supper
,, on my time

and if i want a smoke and a beer,, or whatever,,
take a break boss,,,?? sure can u is free! lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

She never said that

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
She is actually pretty racist:

"For two or three years I was away from all social interaction. It was a very introspective time because I had to confront my fears and master every demonic thought about inferiority, about insecurity or the fear of being black, young and gifted in this western culture."

On numerous other occasions, she has denied saying anything remotely resembling the statement credited to her. In response to her critics, she offered: "What I did say was that I love my people, black people, and I will continue to make music for them."

Lauryn insists she wants people to understand that her goal to improve the self-love of young African-American women should never be confused with advocating racial supremacy. "There are a lot of young black girls who I meet in my travels who don't have a lot of self-esteem," she explains. "So if I communicate to them that they're beautiful, no white person should find fault in that. It doesn't mean that young white girls aren't beautiful, because they are just as beautiful."

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stromtrooper99

How do those quotes constitute as being racist?

Coz it doesn't.

Anyway, have you ever been on the end of racist, derogatory abuse?

TRUST me, it's a hell of a lot different.

Lauyrn Hill is just like any other person; A little stereotypical & quick to generalise on other races, perhaps..

But if I don't see her spewing hate-filled rants on other ethnic groups, then I'll reserve judgement for a proper racist.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

She's racist, and I don't think you have any proof to show otherwise. And even in your post you admit her blatant racism, and then you conclude your post with a sensless subjectivisasion of the term of racism.
edit on 12-6-2012 by stromtrooper99 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join