It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you before you were born....?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Yeah. Speculation of things that are obvious and self evident, like the color blue. It was a while before we proved that blue was blue because it was a particular frequency of light. Before that, we were unable to say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that blue was really blue. But did we need to know that it was a certain frequency of light to know that it was blue? Of course not. Some truths are just self-evident. Science is good at finding things out, but its slow in respect to finding out things that are already common knowledge to those who don't rely on it.

If something is self-evident then the scientific method should be able to confirm it to be true, as it was in your example. If you have a superior method of explaining the universe with the predictive capabilities science has, then please release this game-breaker to the rest of us.............but if you don't, and you're merely presenting your opinion as a viable alternative to science.............good luck with that.

The first single celled organism emerged automatically equipped with the ability to reproduce. Think about that. Propogation was in its DNA. Propogation is found at the root of all of our drives towards anything we call intelligent behavior. This kind of fundamental intelligence principle existed before it was learned by life forms. Therefore, intelligence prededed intelligent forms.

I'm not sure why you're calling a biological process, a requirement for life.........intelligence? maybe I'm alone on this but there never seems to me much thought put into it...

Is this a thinly veiled attempt at an argument for intelligent design?.......I only ask as its identifiably weak

Not saying that and saying something in opposition to that are two different things. Not being discovered and being proven to be false are two different things. You show me where I've been proven wrong and I will gladly change my beliefs. But don't waste your time showing me something that still leaves it up for debate.

You made the claim, I responded by basically saying there's no evidence for it. Care to produce some or is it more....speculation/opinion?

Chemistry deals with organizations of base elements. One day, during a probe into an explanation for consciousness, they will discover that it is actually part of everything that exists, and not just specific organizations of elements.

More speculation, more opinion, zero evidence

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I'm not exactly sure where I was before I was, but I can tell you one thing, I can't wait to get back there...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
I was in a kind of classroom. lot of people. lot of discussion. then i had an assignment. and then I arrived here. i know it sounds daft. but thats what i remember,

I remember getting an assignment it was in a throne room or opulent forum arena.

I then traveled between many colored lines, some sort of barrier.

Then the Earth was before me and I remember that I could have reached out and destroyed it all with a touch but instead, I chose my parents and went into the world to carry out my assignment.

I'm not allowed to tell anyone my assignment but it gets closer as I grow older.

edit on 13/6/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think I came from a place where the sky is purple,music plays in the sky, and the clouds are neon pictures of things that are familiar to me....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"I was a North American fall web-worm in my past life, Those were the good old days."

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Have you ever given any thought to this question?

And I believe it is a good question--because neither theists, nor atheists ever seem to address it.

But stop and think for a moment about from whence you came...

Imagine the cute puppy, or kitten, or baby, and the curious compulsion you have to observe
and be amused by their innocent struggle to come to grips with their surroundings.

Now step back and clear your head...

Doesn't it seem that the cute entity that you are watching is testing out his new digs?

And isn't that what you find to be the most compelling reason to observe? To watch while another life
force is struggling (like you) to understand the parameters of his or her confinement--to watch while they struggle to come to grips with the tiny body they have found themselves in; their surroundings in
this strange environment of air and water and soil....and their limited sense of reality, provided by
their meager sense of touch, taste, smell, hearing, and sight.....?

So what do you think of this life you have acquired...?

And to hell (or heaven) with where you go when you die....Where did you come from?

Were you something before?

Or did you, and your consciousness simply coalesce at this particular time, in this particular place, on
this particular little blue ball...in the middle of nowhere?

edit on 12-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

Universal Daunting Questions should never be attempted to comprehend. Or better said , deciphered.

Our lives are too short and to spend such a spit of time to solve the unthinkable is desperate.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prezbo369
Just about everything we know about the universe says otherwise

I'm somewhat curious about that statement?

What percent of all knowledge of the Universe do you suppose we have? Quantify it if you can? 1%, 99%, .00000000000000000000000001%?

Do we know anything for a fact, or is it human arrogance that makes us and science think we know even a smidgen of what is there to be learned?

For instance to say their is no God, a person is claiming all knowledge of the Universe are they not? Can that ever be an honest claim? For that reason Atheism is in fact a form of Faith and being an Agnostic if a person does not believe is just being honest?

I think that applies to this topic as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Dear rival,

And to hell (or heaven) with where you go when you die....Where did you come from? Were you something before?

A Christian perspective. If we all came from God and God is everything then we were and are a part of him. We are consciousness which is emotion and self awareness of those emotions. God is all knowing and therefore experiences all emotions; however, he chooses love. We are limited in knowledge and emotions and choose as we will. There is no here and nowhere to go physically, it is simply our changing understanding and growth determining what heaven and hell are and choosing. If one believes they are all that matter in this world, they choose to be God and eternity is just them. If one chooses to make others more important than themselves, to really care about others then they will get to be with others who choose the same. What if we all get to choose what eternity is for us and the answer will determine if it is heaven or hell.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I believe in Heaven between reincarnations. Starting when I was about 4, I would get vivid dreams, and night terrors about things I could not of possibly known at that age. I recieved these dreams until I was about 10, one deam in particular involving a death left me in shock, my parents could not calm me for hours. It could have been just a dream, but it still upsets me today.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684
I believe in Heaven between reincarnations. Starting when I was about 4, I would get vivid dreams, and night terrors about things I could not of possibly known at that age. I recieved these dreams until I was about 10, one deam in particular involving a death left me in shock, my parents could not calm me for hours. It could have been just a dream, but it still upsets me today.

So because you have dreams at a young age , you undeniably believe in heaven between reincarnations.???

Trust me it upsets me more than you

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDesolate
The same place the flame goes when you blow the candle out.

That comment was perfect, and summed it all up better than I ever could.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I'm somewhat curious about that statement?

What percent of all knowledge of the Universe do you suppose we have? Quantify it if you can? 1%, 99%, .00000000000000000000000001%?

I have no idea, nobody does it's an malformed question. What exactly made you curious about my statement:

Just about everything we know about the universe says otherwise

I'm very curious to find out...

Do we know anything for a fact, or is it human arrogance that makes us and science think we know even a smidgen of what is there to be learned?

Well this depends on how philosophical you want to get, but generally we do know a fair amount, including many facts. Remember we were able to leave this planet and visit another celestial body. That requires a certain amount of knowledge about the universe does it not? Taking the time to learn and posessing knowledge is not arrogance. Ever thinking you know enough on the other hand.....

For instance to say their is no God, a person is claiming all knowledge of the Universe are they not? Can that ever be an honest claim? For that reason Atheism is in fact a form of Faith and being an Agnostic if a person does not believe is just being honest?

If its fair to say their is not Santa, no leprechauns, no fairies, no Na'vi or no garden gnomes, why couldn't someone say theres no god? Would one need to have all knowledge of the universe inorder to say such things?

You're getting confused over the terms you use, here is an easy-to-digest image explaining what an atheist is, the differences between an agnostic and a gnostic, what an agnostic atheist is and what a gnostic atheist is. Remember, learning is not arrogance...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GiodanoBruno

I'm sorry did I say, I deny any other theory? I'm going with my gut, because I have had experiences with both. No one really knows what happeneds, you seem to want to bait me into some religious argument. Honestly, is that all you can say? You bring nothing to the table on this topic. OP asked 'Where were you before you were born', so I gave him my thoughts, what are yours?
edit on 14-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry did I say, I deny any other theory? I'm going with my gut, because I have had experiences with both. No one really knows what happeneds, you seem to want to bait me into some religious argument. Honestly, is that all you can say? You bring nothing to the table on this topic. OP asked 'Where were you before you were born', so I gave him my thoughts, what are yours?

Religion? Don't worry no religion jargon will arise with me. I'm worse than an atheist.

Just intrigued how you seem to connect your "dreams"(we are talking about dreams here ,, right?) with memory before you existed.

That should also answer your last question.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The reason I connect these dreams, is because they were far to complex, and historically accurate for a 4 or 5 year old to dream up, some details were something I couldn't of known, or saw on tv at my age.

Here is one example, I remember fish flapping on sand, as the water kept drawing back. It sounds trivial, but its one of many details I remember very vividly, which does happens before a tsunami.

I'm connecting my dreams to something I wouldn't of known as a child that small. I'm curious to know why this 'random' dream, had such an accurate detail in it.
edit on 15-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Here is one example, I remember fish flapping on sand, as the water kept drawing back. It sounds trivial, but its one of many details I remember very vividly, which does happens before a tsunami.

Fish becoming stranded due to receding waterlines can be attributed to many different circumstances (reservoirs being drained, lake-beds drying up etc), but you've chosen to attribute it in this case to a tsunami.

But maybe you're right, maybe you're a special individual that for whom the laws of the universe are regularly suspended and receives premonitions from a supernatural source, giving warnings/highlights for events that have not yet come to pass..........or maybe you're just giving your childhood dreams a little bit too much thought

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

Funny how this supernatural force decided to reveal a worthlessly cryptic foreshadowing of the tsunami to a 5 year old child rather than giving a clear warning to the millions of people who's lives were devastated by it.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

That was just one small detail of many, including clothing and surroundings. I'm not trying to be special, or some exception to the rule ( I caught your condescending tone), I just think it was a odd detail. The same scenario played out in my dreams until I was 10, its specifically the only part I remember.

I wasn't even trying to go deep into this topic, but someone claimed I denied any other possibility, which I never claimed too. I had one belief, and all the debunkers want to pounce, the bottom line is, its what I think, and not what I know.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

It wasn't a premonition, I'm not some psychic, jeez people!!!! Way to twist words. It was, what I thought a past life memory. Tsunamis have occured prior to Dec 2005, ya know.

I claimed it was a dream, that led me to a belief in something, I started to check into.You are taking my post and weaving into something totally different. I guess people are not allowed to have dreams, unless they are a jumbled mess? I stated that I believe in reincarnation as a possibility, nothing is absolute. I answered the OP's question, thats it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by john_bmth

It wasn't a premonition, I'm not some psychic, jeez people!!!! Way to twist words. It was, what I thought a past life memory. Tsunamis have occured prior to Dec 2005, ya know.

I claimed it was a dream, that led me to a belief in something, I started to check into.You are taking my post and weaving into something totally different. I guess people are not allowed to have dreams, unless they are a jumbled mess? I stated that I believe in reincarnation as a possibility, nothing is absolute. I answered the OP's question, thats it.

You got me bro... I believe you.

Ps- your wife's hot

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join