It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where were you before you were born....?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I was briefly removed from a lucid dream and shown.

.....one spark in an infinite black emptiness that was me and everything else.

A person on this forum suggested that I had experienced Turiya which is a state of pure conciousness

en.wikipedia.org...

It felt great!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
An idea ive had lately that has taken hold is that we are eternal, spiritual beings.

While physical existance can be hellish at times, id like to suggest it might be nothing compared to the crippling boredom that might set in after trillions of years of being alive. Yes, things may be wonderful and new when we die, but watching big bang after big bang, exploring every corner of the multi-verse and more, i can imagine a brutal, oppressive boredom setting in. Perhaps our eternal souls wish to rest, or at least forget for a time and we choose to reincarnate as a physical being on one of the billions of habitable planets in this universe and beyond!

Just food for thought.

This is more than food for thought, for me. It is the way I have felt for many years...

...that we are here for the experience. And I don't believe that it matters if that experience is good or bad...
because the experience was the goal...perhaps like a vacation from eternity...

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I was my Mothers smile and the twinkle in my Fathers eye. I am part of them and part of what their parents were, who were part of their forebearers and back and back and back to the time we were all stardust.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

I think what you're supposing has an interesting paradox...

If we are actually a product of a certain specific set of conditions ie; specific parents, specific DNA,
timing, conditions etc, then we essentially have a blueprint that is responsible for our consciousness.

Can you see what I am getting at here?

If one could recreate the exact same conditions...follow the exact same blueprint that created us...then
there is a paradox created in that more than one of us could exist at the same time...sharing the same
consciousness.

edit on 13-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
You can't create the same conditions, not even with twins.

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Just as my Nanna used to say "hell is upon earth" - and I can kind of relate to that sometimes!

I've always wondered and been fascinated about these "child prodigy's" - you know when you see a report of say a 4yr old who can play the piano as good or if not better as someone who may have been learning for years! Or very young artists who seem to be experienced.

Ever heard the saying "they've been here before"? Or "they've been born with an old soul"? There are some who do actually seem to be born with a sort of knowledge, they do actually appear to have an old soul, have lots of depth, compassion and understanding, and be very wise beyond their years - I've also noticed these people are very very sensitive indeed.

Then there are those who appear to be on "their first life" - I don't know how to explain it, but they're naive, lacking in depth, quite selfish and don't appear to have any understanding!

I know quite a few people like this!

But also there are certain family members who I feel very connected to - as if I've known them many lifetimes, then there are family members who have felt like strangers to me all my life, I wonder if anyone else has had this?

Very interesting subject OP!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
So far, I've only seen brief glimpses of what I believe to be two of my Earthly demises.

(1) I was a Roman soldier... probably just a basic grunt... not claiming to have been Caesar. But it looked like our ship sank (no clue why or how) & I drowned. This vision came at the time of my awakening.

(2) I was shot in the mother-f-ing face in WW1. I believe I was in a foxhole w/ another soldier & don't know what side I was on. I looked over the burm & took a bullet to the right side of my face. This one came to me last month as we were clearing old energies. It answered why my back teeth had been hurting like a beyotch for no apparent reason. (They feel fine now, thanks for asking).

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by rival

I was in Heaven deciding if I wanted to reincarnate again or not. This time when I pass away...I am going to stay in Heaven.

You were absolutely in heaven but do not fall for that new age bull crap line , you had no choice of being born of the water . All souls were to be born of the water as part of a redemptive process for the sins of those who followed Satan on the uprising against God in the first earth age when we all had spiritual bodies .

You were born into this flesh body in this second earth age but it was not your choice . God has a plan to try and save all souls because we d have a choice , four billion souls or so sided with Satan in the first earth age and he has done a great job to get those same souls to follow him in this second earth age . We still have the millennial rein of Christ were Satan will have no influence so maybe they will get it correct then.

God knew each and every one of us and chose our time and place of birth , we are a very special generation because we will witness both the coming of Satan pretending to be Jesus to deceive all those who have not read and understood the word of God his KJV Bible. Jesus will come soon after Satan and then all who are alive will change in the twinkle of an eye into our spiritual bodies some to glory and most to shame .
edit on 09/06/2012 by Azadok2day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The clump of cells that produce my conciousness did not exist before I was conceived, and I did not become self-aware until around 2 years after I was born, just like every single person who has ever existed.

Its a silly question meant to indulge those with a 'spiritual' disposition and who enjoy thinking of themselves as something special in this universe.

Accept your mortality people....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I am pretty sure I was an adult video performer in my past life and my wife can atest to that.

Seriously...I think I came back to teach everything I learned to my son. I look at him and he is at least 5 years ahead of where I was at his age regarding the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Where were you before you were born....?,

Before I was born in this life ... I was in WWII England. London I think. I died as a little kid in an air raid. I have had the same dream for many years ... playing on a play ground .. the air raid sirens go off .. I look over at my mother at the side of the playground in her 1940 or so style clothing (not my mother from this life). She says to me 'those things go off all the time. Just ignore them. Keep playing" as she continues talking to her two friends. Then we all blow up.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've had both past life memory, and also some memory of work in the area as a helper. Haven't yet uncovered a memory from earth as a lifetime though. We're infinite beings, though we have Creator/Source/Parent that upgrades us, or progresses us to new forms along the way. Dolores Cannon has some good regression accounts in her books. There are a few stories that made me realize that even family groupings can be frequency matches, though, some of the accounts I recognized and it was like a window opens and you feel or sense more of your own past journey, though another account, and i thought that person has a lot of greys programming them.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Were you something before?

I believe that I have existed for many thousands of years, in as many lives, on this world as a carbon based human being. My Spirit is old, very old, and contains many memories not my own in this lifetime. I can remember parts of the Afterlife, as I postulated in this forum HERE.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Everywhere all the time. I was formless and timeless, but I was still me.

When my babies were born I used to stare into their eyes and beg them to tell me what they know. I could see their universal knowledge fading away as they became more and more in tune with this world instead of their last. I hope I can help them recover as much of it as possible without becoming too connected to this incarnation.

Socrates by way of Plato teaches that nothing can be learned, only remembered. He believed we could attain universal knowledge simply through the Socratic method of logical deduction and appropriately phrased questions that zero in on the universal truth.

I don't know if he was right or not, but I've been told during prayer that we are all living the life we chose for ourselves, and we are learning the lessons we chose to learn. Even the horrendous and terrible things that happen to us are part of an experience that we chose for ourselves. I believe we were conscious before we were born, and that deep longing that we feel now is trying to connect us back to that consciousness.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

There is still an enigma with "this clump of cells that produced your consciousness."

Is your consciousness predicated on a specific set of DNA instructions?

Did you arise to become self-aware because a certain set of criteria were met--because the blueprint
for the idea of you was fully realized?

And I'm not indulging anyone's fear of mortality...I embrace mine. I realized long ago that it was
quite likely that the death of this body could mean the death (or at least the dissipation) of my
consciousness. And I have put quite a lot of thought into it....from different angles. I have researched
the child prodigies, the recalled past lives, the near-death experiences...and still I'm agnostic.

I have soul-searched from the bias that I am leaning towards a continuation of consciousness
after death because I'm afraid of death...and I've realized that this is not my reason.

My reason is the curious nature of singular consciousness. It leads me to believe that there is more
to me (and you and every living thing) than meets the eye, or that science has yet to quantify.

And the idea that a singular consciousness suddenly arises because a criteria has been met
is lacking for me. It is as if the promise of you has been lying around in wait since the
beginning of the universe and it was only after a certain set of criteria were met that you were
fully realized and became conscious.....It seems to be an incomplete and easy answer.

edit on 13-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Have you ever given any thought to this question?

And I believe it is a good question--because neither theists, nor atheists ever seem to address it.

Only a person with Agnostic views knows and can accept the truth. We have no clue and its all pure speculation.

However, the laws of physics which have yet to be disproved state:
1. Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Only converted from one form to another
2. Our body is a form of energy while we are alive, hence we require food. We take food calories from the food we eat and transform it in our bodies in order to live. without it we die.
3. Hence when we die that energy (possibly what some refer to soul) will likely be recycled to the universal constant energy source.
4. Hence prior to being born we were likely a form of energy or energies as well.

Beyond that its pure speculations. Where did that constant energy come from is pure speculation as well (Big Bang scenario), and is like asking what came first the chicken or the egg with our existing knowledge? What existed before big bang or created things before big bang, no idea but I can speculate?

edit on 13-6-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
We progress in stages, and when these lessons are learnt, we will be progressed again, to many size light/orb increase. Everything is infinite. Some souls are here for a time, especially karma holds them, some come in to try and nudge others out and help. This place is very hard, low frequency and run by almost the worst this galaxy has in some ways. Coming here at all takes a bit of courage.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
I was in a kind of classroom. lot of people. lot of discussion. then i had an assignment. and then I arrived here. i know it sounds daft. but thats what i remember,

Hey!!! It's so weird you say that because I had a dream awhile ago, and I do beleive this is the same thing you're describing, I was in what looked like a "Hollywood" set of a lecture hall (as in it was set up like you'd see in films of colleges like Harvard and the like) except it was not a set as it was attached to a building with many other lecture halls and the speaker was lecturing on animals and plants of Earth. A sort of Biology class, and the students all looked at me weird, like I didn't belong. But the teacher motioned to me to stay when I got up to leave, and then the class of students when they let out I could not see where any of them went...because I wanted to see where they'd go next to see another lecture taking place, it seemed there were so many rooms but not a lot of active classes going on. I don't know why I couldn't find any of the other students but then I woke up. :/

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
WOW, I was thinking about this the other day,

Well I came upon a child of God, he was walking along the road,
And I don't know who I am but life is for learning.
We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

www.sciencedaily.com...

youtu.be...

Can I walk beside you?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think about this from time to time. On this topic, I also wonder why I am a human and not something else. I always say that proof in life after life is self-evident, because since you were able to come into existence from apparent non-existence once, what would prevent you from doing it again? And that's based on the assumption that there even is a such thing as non-existence.

The universe needs us as much as we need it. Without us it doesn't exist and without it, we don't exist. So as long as its around, I expect we will face and have faced endless incarnations.

To be honest, I don't believe I can really even call myself human due to the degree of dependence I have on everything else. Without honeybees, we all die. For any one of us to exist, pretty much the whole thing has to exist. I'm not living a human life, the universe is. Where do we go when we die and where were we before we were born? The question is meaningless, because we don't even exist now. The universe does.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join