It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw the rapture, did you?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Lol, too funny. That's exactly what my loved ones where saying.... I was getting carried away. It all fits.

Do you think the book is ment to be literal?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains

Lol, too funny. That's exactly what my loved ones where saying.... I was getting carried away. It all fits.

What book?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Humans write a book about themselves and they carry it around with them. They have a story that spans time - from when they were born to when they will die and they think this story is what they are. A 'person' is this story.
You are not a story. You are the presence in which all appearances appear presently.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

What book?

The book that mentions the rapture....whats it called.lol I've not read it but have heard many quote from it....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Humans write a book about themselves and they carry it around with them. They have a story that spans time - from when they were born to when they will die and they think this story is what they are. A 'person' is this story.
You are not a story. You are the presence in which all appearances appear presently.

I agree

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

What book?

The book that mentions the rapture....whats it called.lol I've not read it but have heard many quote from it....

When awakening happens the bible is found to be full of pointers to the truth.
I am is the way the tuth and the life. But 'I am' is not a person. 'I am' is said in present tense.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I am, when tied in with astro theology is aries, prices, I believe, aquarius is, I know.

I like what you say about realising you are nothing is the truth. But nothing is the same as everything is it not?

Santos b, explains this very well if you have the time.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I am, when tied in with astro theology is aries, prices, I believe, aquarius is, I know.

I like what you say about realising you are nothing is the truth. But nothing is the same as everything is it not?

First you have to realize yourself as nothing before you can be at peace. The 'things' are noisey, the 'things' are content. The nothingness contains all 'things'. When you find you are nothing there can be no trouble.
This short video shows that you are the quiet (nothingness) that contains the mind (mind is just a thought arising presently).
youtu.be...

Here is another video that says:
There is just nothing;
youtu.be...
Mooji shows a lady nothing and she says it's really nice!!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Woah. That ended up completely differently than I thought it would. Journey to self-discovery, man!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

First you have to realize yourself as nothing before you can be at peace. The 'things' are noisey, the 'things' are content. The nothingness contains all 'things'. When you find you are nothing there can be no trouble.
This short video shows that you are the quiet that contains the mind (mind is just a thought arising presently).
youtu.be...

It certainly resonates with me. This is a quote from one of my threads:

Zero. It's a circle, but it's not. It's an empty circle, a loop, it has no beginning, no end, it's empty but whole. You are a dot in the centre of a circle. The circle is black and all around you. There is nothing between you and the circle, it's just you and the circle. The circle is now everything so here, a circle has an infinitely large value, it's now the everything, not nothing. This symbol with the circle and central dot was the second symbol ever created. The first was the dot. The first time something tried to draw its place in its world, this is what it drew. So zero was everything. Everyone is a dot in the centre of a circle, and in 3d this becomes a sphear. The sphear being the universe and you being the centre of your universe. From the centre the circle means everything.

But at the same time it means nothing

Watching vid now.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by PortgasDAce

Woah. That ended up completely differently than I thought it would. Journey to self-discovery, man!

Yup, finding the centre.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
This "rapture", "taking up", "meeting the Christ in the clouds", is what an INDIVIDUAL passes through in the unseen internal realm. It is not some flamboyant, flashy, hollywood expose', event. That's not the way omniscience permits Itself to commune with finites.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
This "rapture", "taking up", "meeting the Christ in the clouds", is what an INDIVIDUAL passes through in the unseen internal realm. It is not some flamboyant, flashy, hollywood expose', event. That's not the way omniscience permits Itself to commune with finites.

In reality there are no individuals. Only a realization will confirm this. It is the cosmic joke.
Can you laugh at a joke if you don't get it?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

In reality there are no individuals. Only a realization will confirm this. It is the cosmic joke.

Quoting ben81 with a little twist.

11111>0

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Quoting ben81 with a little twist.

11111>0

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

He is another member, he replied this to another of my threads earlier today...

11111>1

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join