It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alcatraz Escape Mystery Remains fifty years on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
On June 11 1962 fifty years ago three men made the only successful escape from Alcatraz

Brothers John and Clarence Anglin and fellow prisoner Frank Morris pulled off the great escape on June 11, 1962, and to this day remain wanted by authorities as their bodies have never been found.

Warrants for their arrests will not expire until each man passes their 100th birthday

US Marshal Michael Dyke says he gets tips every couple of months about reported sightings of the trio

He said the most convincing clues have included that the Anglin's mother for several years received flowers without a card and that the brothers attended her 1973 funeral disguised in women's clothes despite a swarm of FBI agents.

So are they alive or were they taken by the riptide
Michael Dyke said if he saw them again he knows what he would say

"Awesome escape. Way to go for staying out of trouble for so long. You're under arrest."

www.npr.org...
uk.news.yahoo.com...

I kind of hope they made it to dry land and a new life

Cran
edit on 12-6-2012 by cranspace because: added links

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is a mythbusters episode that clearly shows the escape was possible.

They recreate the craft etc with the available materials and successfully cross the water.

Good viewing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i hope the scumbags drowned
otherwise they would have kept robbing and thieving and caused misery to many more people

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by murch

There is a mythbusters episode that clearly shows the escape was possible

Thanks i will have to find this online

Cran

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Highly doubt they survived, because I am sure criminals, especially those after being in prison, would not stay out of trouble that long. If you watch the show Alcatraz which has all the criminals from alcatraz somehow being thrown into our time, presumably through time travel, then you'd know they start going to their old ways as soon as they got here.
edit on 12-6-2012 by ldyserenity because: clarifying

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I have found Alcatraz online and i will give it a go
Thanks

Cran

top topics

join