It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America IS better than the UK

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think Juggernog is on to something.. how about everyone on ATS that exchanges Xbox gamertags and we get out our aggression on Call of Duty?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by 31Bravo

This has been a fun thread.

Invites to the states.

Common goals and dreams.

Even a babe swooning over the accents.

Sometimes people just need to be people.
Friends, enemies.

I'm an old cold warrior. Yet I raise a glass or two with some russians I've met here in Germany that; a few years ago, were my enemies.

We now laugh.

I'd like to offer a personal invite to the OP.

We can pub crawl and enjoy the crowds. (I'm a Londoner)

It's all good.

I'm there
you will have to cover the plane ticket cost though, I'm afraid the prices have gone up due to the U.S. economy sucking

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
I think Juggernog is on to something.. how about everyone on ATS that exchanges Xbox gamertags and we get out our aggression on Call of Duty?

Lol, mine is "A UF0" and only if we play black ops zombeeez

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

exchanged that in for MW3
.. settle for MW3? btw I'm Uniformed God

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

MW3 is a good game, I love all of infinity wards CoD's. The only thing I play on treyarchs version is zombies.
Gonna beat Halo Reach on legendary this week though, starting in about an hour or 3 more beers, whichever comes first lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Nah, but the Scottish live in a Conquered Land, as do more than half of the Irish. IRA, anyone?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Too many f-bombs for me.
Plus, it's bad enough that my French side endangers me to marrying a cousin. Can't go Scottish, that's part of my maiden name.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Here That covers a lot of it.

the argument from 1978: Here. There's more on that site as to what rights NA actually have, as well as how much land they have had settled in court over.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Look at all the love in this thread.

...well...none of you are welcome in New Zealand...

...its a cold isolated place...terrible...we've barely got electricity and plumbing...you wouldn't want to visit here anyway...

...nope...just cross it off your 'To Do' Lists...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
See this thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Add the muppet who made this thread to any potential future list.

Thanks.

Team GB.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Ohhh, and I would have stopped reading after "Call of Duty", but that was the last phrase in your sentence!

Battlefield 3 ALL THE WAY!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
2 reasons why the uk is better than the us: SAS and SRS

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
UGGHHH!!!! Why do people come up with igno"rant" threads like this!! My opinion says...WHO CARES if some of you think your country is better than others. I'm an American and I am ok with this country. There are way far worst places in the world that would love to sit back in the chairs and tell how ugly and awful their country is and how they would love to spend a least a week of peace, food, water and stupid behaviour in other free countries.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
british descendants arguing with british citizens.

that's like african americans arguing with africans, chinese americans arguing with chinese and french americans arguing with french citizens.

news flash to all americans, you're all english with different accents, unless you're mixed with irish or scottish then you're a half breed.

why americans like to deny their own culture, people, background and heritage is beyond me.

go back enough and all your families were saying "bloody 'ell" and "spare some change guv'nah".

edit on 12-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

IRA, anyone?

What, murdering terrorist scum bags and slaughterers of innocents?

Guess the war on terrorism only applies when the terrorism is on you guys in America.

And those Irish CHOOSE to live in the UK and to be a part of the UK.

And Scotland is no more conquered than Texas is......Scotland chose to enter into a Union with England when King James VI became King Of England.
Scotland will get a chance to express their democratic right on the Independance issue very shortly.

Still, should never let historical fact get in the way of bigotry.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
news flash to all americans, you're all english with different accents, unless you're mixed with irish or scottish then you're a half breed.

what the hell? no

A. Americans are made of an extremely diverse array of people from all over the planet. The overwhelming majority do not trace their heritage to England.

B. why are you assuming the Americans posting here are of English descent ? My ancestors got here from Europe and settled it ages before the colonies existed.

C. the biggest Ethnic groups from Europe arent from England but from Germany followed by Ireland

D. From the start the colonies were teeming with more Irish settlers than anything else. It was even lamented by some British military leaders that they were largely cause of the loss of the revolutionary war.

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

And those Irish CHOOSE to live in the UK and to be a part of the UK.

uh only the loyalist part did bud.
edit on 12-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

There is no better than the other. We are all stuck on this dirtball together and the sooner we realize how much we all can accomplish together the better.. in order to move along we have to get along.. and this thread is definitely not a good start
Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by paganini

uh only the loyalist part did bud

Recent surveys suggest that only 33% of Northern Ireland's Catholic's want Irish unity, whilst 90% of Ulster's Protestants wish to remain in The Union - that equates to about 84% of Northern Ireland's population wanting to maintain their links to the UK - quite the majority by anyone's standards.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

Whether these figures are truly accurate I suppose is open to debate - but what isn't disputable to anyone who knows anything of current events and moods within Northern Ireland is that there is significant growing support for continued links to The British Union within traditionally Nationalist communities.

All the vast majprity of Irish people, on both sides of the border and sectarian divides, want is to get on with their lives the same as anyone else - something they are finally able to do.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Well, the OP certainly has a chip on his shoulder
. I could rant for days about the faults of America, and I could do the same about Britain....but maybe a little longer for the yanks ey

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by paganini

Originally posted by alldaylong
reply to post by paganini

Epic fail. I am SCOTTISH and there is no way i want Scotland to be independent

i said SOME ffs man can you read? lol

Fine then as a Scotsman you are descended from Irish pirates who invaded and slaughtered the native Picts

Originally posted by alldaylongYou miss the arguement completly don't you. Americans RIGHT NOW are living on land that is being claimed by The Native American Tribes. I am not talking about people from generations gone by. You are living on this land TODAY

and RIGHT NOW you are living on land that your ancestors invaded and took from a native people. When are you going to pack up back to Ireland and to amends ?

Originally posted by alldaylongSo i take it from your argument you don't wish to take any responsibility for what you are doing.

I was born here therefore i am a native and it is my land and my property belongs to ME. The same applies to any other American who fits this description . There is not such thing as a technical natives or "real natives". I was merely entertaining this outlook to point out how flawed your statements were..

Originally posted by alldaylongWould you like it if you got home and someone had moved into your house? You just don't get it do you?

No one has claimed my house as their land and seeing as how the UN doesnt speak for the native tribes that makes your point moot.

Originally posted by alldaylongYou are a Yank so what else should i expect.

oooh low blow low blow.

In the words of William Shakespeare "You Doth Protest Too Much"

If you don't understand it then look it up

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join