It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why America IS better than the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well hello everyone, and welcome to my clarification on a heated debate in an entirely different ATS Thread forum; however, a debate that needs clarity none the less.

There are a lot of British members on here who hate Americans just to hate them. More than likely have never actually spent one minute talking to one, instead believe flaming stereotypes that their country loves to spew to their own people, while behind the scenes reaping the benefits of being in cahoots with the big bad 'ol U.S.

So, without further adieu, let's take a look at why (for the most part) the U.S. IS better than the UK.

One heated topic back in the thread (in which I posted above with a link) was that the U.S. has many scandals, and lots of corruption. To those of you who are quick to grab at those straws I will have to agree; however, the ONLY reason you are allowed to know about our "problems" is our freedom of the press.

Ohk, yea.. our government might pay CNN and FoxNews a little on the side to sway the reporting on the left to take attention away from the right.. but I know people who aren't taking payments. How about alternative media sources.. hell, how about Al-Jazeera?

UK does NOT have freedom of speech, in fact, Africa and South Africa have more freedom of speech than YOU do.

United Kingdom citizens have a negative right to freedom of expression under the common law.[50] In 1998, the United Kingdom incorporated the European Convention, and the guarantee of freedom of expression it contains in Article 10, into its domestic law under the Human Rights Act. However there is a broad sweep of exceptions including threatening, abusive, or insulting speech or behavior likely to cause a breach of the peace

Freedom of Speech by Country
What's really sad is, and I will not call these few members out due to T&C, some members are so uneducated and lazy they are inevitably blinded by stupidity, they actually believe that they are getting straight facts from their government.. right.

Another thing I see a lot is how British members are so quick to bash the U.S. about its deficit issue. I find it hilarious that you are so quick to rub salt in the wound and sing about how perfect you are, ahh but alas, you are having a harder time recovering than we are.. and we owe more than all nations put together. How about leading by example first before you tell me how to fix my country?

— there was less spillover from euro area risks on to the US than the UK banks Household consumption rebounded much more in the US than the UK because — there was significantly less net withdrawal of fiscal stimulus in the US than UK — there was a greater rise in energy costs faced by the UK than US consumer Inflation was higher in the UK than in the US because — the UK fiscal tightening took in part the form of a Value-Added Tax increase — Sterling depreciated more and more rapidly than the Dollar did

Washing ton Post
Ohh.. but I'm sure this is just propaganda right?

Another thing is the World War II debate that happens all the time.. about how Britain was just biding their time, and formulating a devastating counterattack against the Germans and didn't need the help of America. Oh, and don't forget if an American gives them the real side to what happened, and calls out the obvious by stating that it's the best thing since sliced bread that we helped them out. (I won't even bother citing facts because apparently there is 10 different versions floating around the world of "what really happened" and the UK is the only ones who have their facts right :lol

As far as our language choice after we sent you redcoats packing? Yea.. I agree we should get rid of your language and speak something else. For the most part we did, and we call it American.. anybody who is smart enough to differentiate that to you guys there would be less of an issue. My opinion? I wish we would have picked up a romance language because it sounds better when you swear, and English is just plain BORING.

We evidently have a better dental system because as a whole we have better teeth (not a fact, merely an observation)

I am done with my rant for now.. if I think of more reasons why then I will post them.

ETA: Don't think that I dislike you folks (British).. I just love my country no matter how stupid it is acting at the moment. Don't worry its time will come and we will make it a better place.. but I'm sure you all will find more to complain about and give us more motivation to beat you.. AGAIN

edit on 12-6-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Keep it up and your going in time out!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius

Oh c'mon.. what's wrong with a little friendly rivalry?
I'm only pointing out the facts

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Apart from what you have posted is total rubbish, the reason why the UK is better than US is for one simple reason. The UK is OUR OWN COUNTRY, the US is STOLEN LAND. That should end the argument once and for all.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Never seen such an immature argument proposed - 'My Dolly is Bigger Than Your Dolly - So There'

Go back to school for God's sake and drink some concrete.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Never seen such an immature argument proposed - 'My Dolly is Bigger Than Your Dolly - So There'

Go back to school for God's sake and drink some concrete.

Ah I see.. so when others do it to Americans in other threads its okay.. but the moment someone fires a thread another way it's "childish"?

It is not childish to rant about how great my country is compared to others.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have a parent from each country.

America is great but has some issues.

The UK is also great, but has some issues.

Until the time that America can outdo a Bubble and Squeak, I'll sit on the fence, thank you.

*cheers*

beez

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

It is extremely childish - to really believe that people of other countries don't feel just as patriotic. Pure Stupidity.

You avatar says it all.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
So is this the new fad on ATS these days? Threads devoted entirely to trashing a country, culture, or religion?

When will we move past this sectional bigotry and recognize that we are all PEOPLE?

Perhaps we do need a zombie apocalypse. Then maybe we could move beyond this nonsense and work together.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Same S___ different name..honestly. The only differences are the monarchy and football/soccer.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm in the uk.

This thread is about division.

I'm not falling for it, go troll somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Another thing I see a lot is how British members are so quick to bash the U.S. about its deficit issue. I find it hilarious that you are so quick to rub salt in the wound and sing about how perfect you are, ahh but alas, you are having a harder time recovering than we are.. and we owe more than all nations put together. How about leading by example first before you tell me how to fix my country?

That's the point.

America is meant to be the country leading by example..When other countries see what a # job you are doing of it, you can't help but worry about the state of world affairs.

Fail attempt at trying to flame

& what are you talking about beating us again? I recall how Canada ran riot in your capital city..Yet I don't hear them going on about that all the time.

Stop getting your knickers in a twist, & realise the world doesn't revolve around America.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Can't steal a land where the people died out 3 years before you get there from diseases.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ok so where have you seen UK members hating on American's? You will find its most of the world that hate you not the Brits. As for dental I don't agree with you are dental care is good but if people chose not to use it that is there problem. But I could say most of Americans are fat because that's what your country is portrayed as throw the media but I know better your not all fat. Have you ever been to the UK? If not you should come and try it you will realize that 99.9% of us don't hate you we welcome you.

HATRED IS A HEAVY WAIT TO CARRY ON YOUR SHOULDERS PEOPLE DON'T FALL TRAP TO IT. LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE FOR ALL.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

im not siding with either argument, i just want to point out that this land is stolen, we stole it from the british and the british stole it from the natives, sucks for the natives

Apart from what you have posted is total rubbish, the reason why the UK is better than US is for one simple reason. The UK is OUR OWN COUNTRY, the US is STOLEN LAND. That should end the argument once and for all -alldaylong

edit on 12-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Would those be the people who live on "Reservations" Land that has been put aside for the indigenous peoples? Or are you saying those people no longer exsist?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
reply to post by 31Bravo

It is extremely childish - to really believe that people of other countries don't feel just as patriotic. Pure Stupidity.

You avatar says it all.

Yea, I'm sure this thread is childish to someone who isn't American.

You are obviously butt hurt and can't accept the fact that I pointed out a few factious differences and a few tongue in cheek jokes and you are telling me I'm childish?
sticks and stones my friend.. go cry in another thread.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Come to Cajun Country.
Might be able to find better food, down here.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I mean both have great points.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Never seen Brits & Yanks arguing on here ever

If you have then its just friendly banter and nothing more, if its harsh words and pure hate being thrown about... then the chances are you just bumped into one of our British "extremism" Muslim, who also hates the UK just as much as he/she does the US, we have a small minority of those here in the UK and they do have internet access, so be wary of them, Brits love the Yanks and consider them very close friends, all our Prime Ministers & Presidents have had homosexual relations... probably

Much love

PS Keep the thread on 0 Flags guys doing a great job

edit on 12-6-2012 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join