It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana First State to Allow Citizens to Shoot Law Enforcement Officers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
WoW ! And eveybody thought law enforcement had free rein .
Well , at least not in Indiana.

Police officers in Indiana are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes. It was signed by Republican Governor Mitch Daniels in March.

www.allgov.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Good.
I think this is a really neat law.

It will make them second guess entering the wrong home. Better make sure they have the address right. It just gives the law abiding citizen a little more protection, Seeing as how incidents involving police entering the wrong home seem to be on the rise... seems like the thing to do.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

“It puts doubt in your mind,” said Hubbard, who served in the U.S. Marine Corps before joining the department. “And hesitation in our job can mean somebody gets hurt or killed.”
from the Bloomberg article linked to from the AllGov article linked to in the OP.
Such as . . ?
A domestic dispute where maybe a wife is being abused by her husband, where the woman may be likely to resist the officer herself when he tries to attack the man?
So much BS introducing bogus rationalizations why they have to do whatever they feel is right for them in any given situation.
I would be in favor of the old laws established by the Swiss and the Magna Carta, where a man's home is his castle, and abolishing SWAT teams, another criminal enterprise based on bogus rationalizations with impossible hypothetical scenarios.
edit on 12-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

WHY would they be upset? They shouldn't be entering houses illegally anyways.. so the only reason to be upset is if they enjoy regularly entering houses illegally....

This is what the Second Amendment was created for.

Now when cops bust through your door at the wrong house in a no-knock warrant and they start beating your family, shooting your dog etc.. you can fight back. Probably won't end well for you. But at least you can fight back.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I see so many headlines saying this is a law that "makes it ok to shoot cops," as if I can wake up tomorrow and think to myself....'hmmm i think i'll shoot a cop today!' and get away with it. When in reality it's a law that allows you to defend yourself from cops. There shouldn't have been a law prohibiting that in the first place.
edit on 12-6-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join