It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura says Vote and Elect Gary Johnson President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I dont know much about Gary Johnson. I do know Jesse Ventura and if he says Vote Gary Johnson - I will make my vote for Gary Johnson. Switching Gears ... Go President Johnson.
No More DemoCrips and REP-Bloodicans

edit on 12-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I like Jesse V too my friend, but for christsake, do your own thinking.

Jesse said to set myself on fire...self-immolation it is.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I still have not heard enough from President Johnson to know whether I like him or not. at this point in this nightmare - I will follow anyone with a flashlight.... I'm still in shock over the Paul sellout...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

hummm, not sure how i feel about this yet, ill have to get back to this after i do more research on this guy

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Jesse Ventura used to be a piece of trash.

Who bought and stole his way into Minnesota...

Then he got into the show, and decided he didn't like the part that was chosen for him.

Then he got all conspiratorial with it, because he's a jack wagon.

Now he thinks that people should listen to him? What the...

This dude is a joke, Booo!!

Paul - Johnson FTW! lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you like Ron Paul, you'll probably love Gary Johnson. I've been leaning toward voting for him, even if Jesse thinks it's a good idea.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
So this is the guy who seems to be taking over Ron Paul in the popularity department eh? No wonder they call the public ''sheeple''.

Just read the comments on him and see what i mean.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Go to youtube and listen to his speech at the Campaign For Liberty kickoff convention 4 years ago...

Also, I got a chance to interview Gary about a year ago... right before he announced his GOP candidacy. While I don't agree with everything that he says, he's like Day and Night compared to Romney. A few weeks ago, I voted for Ron Paul, but at this point, he's definitely my choice this Fall.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

The difference here is that folks such as myself have taken time to look at Johnson's voting record when he was Governor. It's not about Ron Paul, it's about the libertarian movement and saving this country from insolvency.
There may be some sheeple in the Johnson camp, but even THEY are welcome as long as they're voting for the good guy, and not one of the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

The Following Is Straight Ignorance

Ron Paul is absolutely NOTHING like Gary Johnson. Ron Paul is a Libertarian, advocate for efficient government, balanced budgets, rational drug policy reform, protection of civil liberties, comprehensive tax reform, and personal freedom.

On a serious note, I don't know all about privatized State Prison, that can get a little crazy if you ask me. (Something Gary Johnson is all about)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I plan on voting for Ron Paul, why should I vote for Gary Johnson? What does he offer that Ron doesn't?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I actually like Johnson a lot, and he will probably get my vote unless a miracle happen and Paul gets on the ballot somewhere.

BUT, I do NOT like Ventura. He was a decent governor in Minn., but since then he has got fruitier, and fruitier, and his connection to Alex Jones, and his flop of a show that didn't even cover a third of the hard facts that any ATS thread covers has made me think he is just a kook and an opportunist.

No to Ventura, but YES to Johnson.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm right there with you. If I'm Johnson, I'd be saying, "Jesse, please don't help me". Maybe he can sic The Body on the Constitution Party or something.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You can find Gary Johnson's info, history and his positions on the issues on this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's the second one down from the top.

I personally like his stance on a great many issues, and I'm thinking he may get my vote.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Seems to me this presents another dilemma. Libertarians draw votes away from Republicans, not Democrats. If Johnson gets even two or three percent, Obama wins; right?

Oddly enough I've been looking at Johnson assuming he'd be the Libertarian Candidate. When they run as Libertarian it's not to get elected, it's to have a voice in the System. Same reason Ron Paul ran to be honest. He never expected to win and just wants a voice and stage for his idea's, which is fine with me.

Sadly for Paul however the radical following tainted his name and likely cost more votes than they provided him. Just my thoughts, don't beat up me up too bad
I don't dislike Paul, he's just not electable as a President.

Johnson however could build an initial following this election and then run as Republican in the future. He won 70% of the votes from the small group that picks the Libertarian Candidate.

Governor Johnson's record in New Mexico was admirable. He stands his ground like Gov. Walker did. Over 750 vetoes and cut taxes 14 times. Shame he did not run instead of Paul in the Republican Party to be honest. Again don't hurt me too bad, but Johnson would be a better candidate than Paul. My humble, Constitutionally protected opinion

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
well seeing as there is no way we can do worse than we've had in the last 40 years or so i would say vote independent and at least then we can get the dog and pony show out of DC. once we get them out we have a leg to stand on. with the dems and repubs in office we will continue to be abused and lied to while they play the blame game. get the oldboy network out, remove corporate-lobbying from politics and maybe, just maybe, we can get this mess fixed.
edit on 12-6-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm right there with you. If I'm Johnson, I'd be saying, "Jesse, please don't help me". Maybe he can sic The Body on the Constitution Party or something.

Yep, although Johnson can use the exposure, and he seems less radical than Paul, so perhaps he can survive a Ventura endorsement and actually benefit a little from it.

I always worried that Ventura would endorse Paul, and that would have really driven the anti-Paul sentiment to the stratosphere, but I think Johnson can probably survive it alright, and maybe even benefit from the exposure, as long as Ventura doesn't do or say too much.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I actually like Johnson a lot, and he will probably get my vote unless a miracle happen and Paul gets on the ballot somewhere.

BUT, I do NOT like Ventura. He was a decent governor in Minn., but since then he has got fruitier, and fruitier, and his connection to Alex Jones, and his flop of a show that didn't even cover a third of the hard facts that any ATS thread covers has made me think he is just a kook and an opportunist.

No to Ventura, but YES to Johnson.

I thought his show was entertaining. But some topics require more time to cover it, and I don't think they had all the time they needed.

Why are you voting for Johnson over Paul, just because he he might not get on the ballet?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Seems to me this presents another dilemma. Libertarians draw votes away from Republicans, not Democrats. If Johnson gets even two or three percent, Obama wins; right?

Which is ok, if we somehow manage to at least move the needle in the other direction. When I consider Romney vs Obama I see a choice between McDonalds & Burger King. Irrelevant.

I'd rather at least push in the Libertarian direction even if ever so slightly, rather than vote for one of these manufactured "same as it ever was's".

I consider myself to be a follower of Classical Liberalism which has unfortunately been declared dead.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Why are you voting for Johnson over Paul, just because he he might not get on the ballet?

Well, I prefer to vote for Paul, but if he isn't on the ballot, then I'm left with a choice between a write-in, or Johnson whom I also support. I'll probably pick Johnson in that case, but if Paul gets on the ballot I'll definitely be voting for him. Paul might even get on under the "American'sElect" nomination. That is a new thing this year that seems to be having success.

I met Romney, Paul, Cain, Johnson, and Michelle at the Florida Straw Poll. Michelle was by far the most aggressive "politician" of the bunch. She sought me out and shook my hand, but I did find her very sweet and attractive. Romney was the most "collected." Very suave, direct, intelligent, in control. He had his wife and one son with him. He is very difficult to dislike in person. Cain was not likeable, Paul was frazzled and being run around by his handlers and seemed a bit aloof. Johnson was calm, cool, unassuming, very intelligent, very patient, but he didn't command authority the way Cain, Michelle, or Romney did. I have some doubts as to his leadership skills, but I have those same doubts about Paul, and I choose their platforms over their personalities.

I also met Newt, and Newt seemed angry and like he would rather not be there. I truly think Newt was a plant or an insurance policy for the Republican party right from the start. He was there to short-circuit Cain, Santorum, and Paul.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join