Masons. It's time to decide which Temple you are building?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

If you're attempting to save people and help them, the LAST things you should do is :

a) belittle their beliefs
b) spout nonsense from a book of fear mongering written by scared humans 1800 years ago.

Anyone can rant off paraboles and nonsensicals paragraphs of any religious literary tome - doesn't make any of it right.

All you're trying to do is add some form of theatrics to your hate-filled rants with silly bible versus.

Please... go away, you silly little man.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Wait. You are now using scientific terms "event horizon" to preach about GOD? Doesn't Science and GOD clash with respect to concepts?

You, my friend, are in need of a nice soft couch, and a bit of Depakote.

Read the article on light in my signature. They match well in this day and age. The law of inverse squares works for your symbols and for science. The closer science comes to the leading edge of the light, the more it sees clearly. Science is merely catching up with God. What you read in the article I wrote on light is what science still has yet to see (or admit). I would say the latter is true. They can't admit it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
as long as it has a big G,,in the middle,,

pssst,,who sent ya,,,??
the big g,,,,

lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

If you're attempting to save people and help them, the LAST things you should do is :

a) belittle their beliefs
b) spout nonsense from a book of fear mongering written by scared humans 1800 years ago.

Anyone can rant off paraboles and nonsensicals paragraphs of any religious literary tome - doesn't make any of it right.

All you're trying to do is add some form of theatrics to your hate-filled rants with silly bible versus.

Please... go away, you silly little man.

Look closer. All we need is three witnesses to prove anything.

Deuteronomy 17

On the testimony of two or three witnesses a man shall be put to death, but no one shall be put to death on the testimony of only one witness.

In God's law, we always see the greater case. We can then extend the greater case to the lesser. For the purpose of our context, I will give you the witnesses.

1. The Bible
2. The People
3. History
4. Symbols
5. The Entertainment Industry
6. Freemasonry and Ritual Theurgy
7. Daddy Warbucks
8. Science
9. DNA
10. The Blood that cries out from the earth.
11. Advertising
12. Africa (Feed the Sheep Peter)

There are more. All sins can be forgiven. Unbelief cannot. God is the judge. Christ is the advocate. He allows us to be with him in the trial.

edit on 12-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Celtic: 166 Gods, Goddesses, Divine Kings and Pagan Saints
Abarta, Abna, Abnoba, Aine, Airetech,Akonadi, Amaethon, Ameathon, An Cailleach, Andraste, Antenociticus, Aranrhod, Arawn, Arianrod, Artio, Badb,Balor, Banbha, Becuma, Belatucadros, Belatu-Cadros, Belenus, Beli,Belimawr, Belinus, Bendigeidfran, Bile, Blathnat, Blodeuwedd, Boann, Bodus,Bormanus, Borvo, Bran, Branwen, Bres, Brigid, Brigit, Caridwen, Carpantus,Cathbadh, Cecht, Cernach, Cernunnos, Cliodna, Cocidius, Conchobar, Condatis, Cormac,Coronus,Cosunea, Coventina, Crarus,Creidhne, Creirwy, Cu Chulainn, Cu roi, Cuda, Cuill,Cyhiraeth,Dagda, Damona, Dana, Danu, D'Aulnoy,Dea Artio, Deirdre , Dewi, Dian, Diancecht, Dis Pater, Donn, Dwyn, Dylan, Dywel,Efnisien, Elatha, Epona, Eriu, Esos, Esus, Eurymedon,Fedelma, Fergus, Finn, Fodla, Goewyn, Gog, Goibhniu, Govannon , Grainne, Greine,Gwydion, Gwynn ap Nudd, Herne, Hu'Gadarn, Keltoi,Keridwen, Kernunnos,Ler, Lir, Lleu Llaw Gyffes, Lludd, Llyr, Llywy, Luchta, Lug, Lugh,Lugus, Mabinogion,Mabon, Mac Da Tho, Macha, Magog, Manannan, Manawydan, Maponos, Math, Math Ap Mathonwy, Medb, Moccos,Modron, Mogons, Morrig, Morrigan, Nabon,Nantosuelta, Naoise, Nechtan, Nedoledius,Nehalennia, Nemhain, Net,Nisien, Nodens, Noisi, Nuada, Nwywre,Oengus, Ogma, Ogmios, Oisin, Pach,Partholon, Penard Dun, Pryderi, Pwyll, Rhiannon, Rosmerta, Samhain, Segidaiacus, Sirona, Sucellus, Sulis, Taliesin, Taranis, Teutates, The Horned One,The Hunt, Treveni,Tyne, Urien, Ursula of the Silver Host, Vellaunus, Vitiris, White Lady,

Egyptian: 85 Gods, Gods Incarnate and Personified Divine Forces:
Amaunet, Amen, Amon, Amun, Anat, Anqet, Antaios, Anubis, Anuket, Apep, Apis, Astarte, Aten, Aton, Atum, Bastet, Bat, Buto, Duamutef, Duamutef, Hapi, Har-pa-khered, Hathor, Hauhet, Heket, Horus, Huh, Imset, Isis, Kauket, Kebechsenef, Khensu, Khepri, Khnemu, Khnum, Khonsu, Kuk, Maahes, Ma'at, Mehen, Meretseger, Min, Mnewer, Mut, Naunet, Nefertem, Neith, Nekhbet, Nephthys, Nun, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra , Re, Renenet, Sakhmet, Satet, Seb, Seker, Sekhmet, Serapis, Serket, Set, Seth, Shai, Shu, Shu, Sia, Sobek, Sokar, Tefnut, Tem, Thoth,

Oh I actually have two more pages, but I think the idea is understood now.

Just because the Winner of religion (so far) has been Christianity, .. there are thousands that predate Abrahamic religions that you are so affixed to.

Sad really.
edit on 12-6-2012 by fourthmeal because: more more more.

One stands in all their gaps. The path is narrow. The Gate is kept by the Shepherd.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm not just screwing with you, I have several personal stories that have already been told on ATS. You are misguided if you are following the texts. Follow your heart and soul and spirit instead.

Let all men be liars. Let God be truth. We have reflecting points to consider. Only the Word is what it claims.

Show me where I go wrong apart from the Word and I'll show you where God has already shown the truth in his Word.

Jeremiah 17

9 The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

10 “I the Lord search the heart
and examine the mind,
to reward each person according to their conduct,
according to what their deeds deserve.”

As a Mason, your deeds may very well be good. Unless you follow Christ to the gate, you are wandering by yourself in the wilderness. If I am wrong, tell me why.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm going to start doing this with the Qur'an. Jesus is the most-mentioned prophet in there so that should be eye opening.

Or maybe I should work with Zoroaster, the grandfather of Abrahamic religions. Wait, the Church decimated that religion because it was a teeny bit different from their views at the time.

Hmm..

Could it be the Bible was written many hundreds of years ago to suit a particular goal in mind?

I learn a lot more from architecture and the secrets it contains than the Bible. Maybe I should start quoting blueprints.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Cute but ask any of those religion-believers which one is right and which is allowed through the "gate", and enjoy the response.

The believer always ALWAYS always believes that THEIR religion is the right one.

Unfortunately all that has happened is that your Ego has overtaken your ability to stay aware.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It was folks like you that ruined religion for me.

But to stay on topic.. why can't we build a Temple AND a Tomb? Like.. a nice little chapel right? And then have a secret dark stairway that leads to a super sinister catacombs made from the skulls of unborn babies sacrificed at the full moon?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I'm going to start doing this with the Qur'an. Jesus is the most-mentioned prophet in there so that should be eye opening.

Or maybe I should work with Zoroaster, the grandfather of Abrahamic religions. Wait, the Church decimated that religion because it was a teeny bit different from their views at the time.

Hmm..

Could it be the Bible was written many hundreds of years ago to suit a particular goal in mind?

I learn a lot more from architecture and the secrets it contains than the Bible. Maybe I should start quoting blueprints.

I learned a great deal from watching the Wizard of Oz. This doesn't mean that God's hand is not painting with broad strokes as he writes his word through us. We can see the light and shadow in all corners of our world. We are an expression of the Word in multiplicity. God brings us back to unity. Read Rumi the Sufi if you are going to go Islamic. He knows the truth of Christ. He hides it in his wording, but he knew. Is there darkness there? Yes, as he didn't confess the truth. The Muslims and the Masons are not far apart. The Quran is a very esoteric book. It points back to a loving God with its error. The Muslims simply need to see the Love Christ taught for enemies and brother alike.

The core of the onion is in the Bible. From there, the rest branch out in a golden spiral. You are always looking at the same thing in reflection. Divide the light and the darkness and see that the best reflection comes to you in the most obvious place. The word is already in your DNA. God is the Word. Of all people, the Masons should know their own symbolism.

Do you trust the men who define the symbols or do you trust the one they come from? Look anywhere you want and you'll see God. Light and darkness are divided. Unity comes when you do the same. Plants do this. The process is the same.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

As a Mason, your deeds may very well be good. Unless you follow Christ to the gate, you are wandering by yourself in the wilderness. If I am wrong, tell me why.

Are you willing to doom 2/3rds of the world to hell? Does hell even exist? Does a 70 year life-span really warrant an eternity of suffering? Does God take some pleasure in watching the eternal suffering? What is the motivation or lesson in that?

You are wrong, because Jesus is NOT the only way. Jesus is a wonderful way, with wonderful teachings, and teachings that brought a lot of people out of the dark ages of a vengeful god and into the days of love and forgiveness, but Jesus is not the only way.

Masons don't do good deeds to get into heaven. Masons do good deeds to help their fellow human beings, and whatever happens in the afterlife is between each man and his own God.

My personal opinion of God is that it resides inside all of us, and all of nature, and it is an entity, but it is not a personified entity with a name, and emotions, and motivations, but God is just a state of being. As humans we are a very small part of that state of being, but our experiences, triumphs and tribulations add more and more depth to that being, and one day, after many, many attempts, we become more and more a part of that being, until each of us is God. If we do not evolve, then our small spirit dies, and that spiritual death is hell.

Enoch, I don't believe you are going to hell. I believe you are doing your best to understand the nature of all this, and I believe you are making giant strides, and you might be a little caught up in the details, but you are on the right path. You'll be with Jesus one day, but first you have to learn to listen.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Does God take some pleasure in watching the eternal suffering?

I think this deserves a thread on it's own. Why is the God of the Bible so ...... evil? I seriously believe there is more to fear form God than "satan" or any other "demon" because God is the only one actually making threats. Like a dictator. A tyrant. A real jerk. Why would I ever bend the knee to such a jackass?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Are you willing to doom 2/3rds of the world to hell? Does hell even exist? Does a 70 year life-span really warrant an eternity of suffering? Does God take some pleasure in watching the eternal suffering? What is the motivation or lesson in that?

You are wrong, because Jesus is NOT the only way. Jesus is a wonderful way, with wonderful teachings, and teachings that brought a lot of people out of the dark ages of a vengeful god and into the days of love and forgiveness, but Jesus is not the only way.

Masons don't do good deeds to get into heaven. Masons do good deeds to help their fellow human beings, and whatever happens in the afterlife is between each man and his own God.

My personal opinion of God is that it resides inside all of us, and all of nature, and it is an entity, but it is not a personified entity with a name, and emotions, and motivations, but God is just a state of being. As humans we are a very small part of that state of being, but our experiences, triumphs and tribulations add more and more depth to that being, and one day, after many, many attempts, we become more and more a part of that being, until each of us is God. If we do not evolve, then our small spirit dies, and that spiritual death is hell.

Enoch, I don't believe you are going to hell. I believe you are doing your best to understand the nature of all this, and I believe you are making giant strides, and you might be a little caught up in the details, but you are on the right path. You'll be with Jesus one day, but first you have to learn to listen.

Zeal! Thank you. I just need you to say why. Fill it in. There is a HUGE paradox with what you are saying and you fail to say why.

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Define this verse if you can. Fix the paradox.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I think this deserves a thread on it's own. Why is the God of the Bible so ...... evil? I seriously believe there is more to fear form God than "satan" or any other "demon" because God is the only one actually making threats. Like a dictator. A tyrant. A real jerk. Why would I ever bend the knee to such a jackass?

I think in ancient times the stick worked better than the carrot, LOL! At some point though people began responding to the carrot better, and so the New Testament was born in all of its touchy-feely glory.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

John 14:6

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Define this verse if you can. Fix the paradox.

That verse is precisely why I do not call myself a Christian. I do not believe Jesus was infallible, and I do not believe that verse, even though I agree with 90% of the other teachings. I think Christians are wonderful people, but I do not believe Jesus is a necessary component of one's spiritual growth. He is a great coach and teacher, but there are other ways. Jesus himself explored other ways.

If you can explain the paradox to me, it might be very enlightening. Maybe I am missing something?
edit on 12-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

My own inclination is that hell is fire. That seems simple enough. Fire is a baptism. There are five mentioned in the Bible. Three are directly stated and two are implied.

Earth (Matter), Air (Breath / Word / Wave), Water (Baptism / Cleansing the Temple) and Fire (Trials / Flaming Sword of God). The final baptism is Spirit. This is what the fire changes. Water puts out the fire and water represents our immersion into the flames.

If you read the symbols, we may be in the fire now? Can Masons clarify by their own reasoning? Who are the fallen beings that came from heaven to earth? Well, we are here now. We can imply allot from this. Baptism raises us to new life. Jesus said, you must be born again. I can safely know that God is love. Does love keep a record of wrongs?

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 John 4:8

New International Version (NIV)

8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Where to they go when they do not know God? Below to the fire. Are we in the fire? God calls it the refiners fire. Who rules Hell?

Who comes to set the captives free?

Jesus says in Revelation 1:18: “I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.” Jesus conquered death

Who stand to benefit by keeping us here?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Then this begs the question.. is God an actual, physical, mentally capable figure somewhere in the clouds dictating every move to man or .... is God a creation of the Human mind as a method of control? Or, at the very least, the actual representation of God? I had trouble understanding "God" in the sense most believe it when I was in school (a Catholic school) studying different religious texts. Judaism and Christianity have different Gods but the same God in two different books melted into one. It's a complete and total flip in Gods personality from "kill your child to show you love me" to "lets all be friends and love one another". Then it got even weirder in the Quaran .. again.. different Gods but the same God that if combined with the previous 2 would be yet another massive personality switch. So we went from "murder your child" to "lets all be friends" to "hide your wife in a box".

Quite confusing.

Then there was the fact that there are far older religions practiced than Judaism. So God creates the World.. but forgot to tell the folks what to worship so they create a number of different religions. But God apparently got busy and didn't come down and tell his little creations "guys.. you're doing it wrong!" no .. he instead comes back later and sees "oh no ... forgot to tell them to worship me, I suppose I'll flood the World and murder everyone and start over, this time I'll tell them to worship me or suffer an eternity of torture at the hands of an evil deity I created"

Then I could never get over the fact that if, today, someone was walking around claiming his mother was a virgin and he was the son of God he wouldn't be put in a padded room and given an assortment of little colored pills to take each morning.

Ok ok ok ... I'm done ranting.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

When I say the stick worked better than the carrot and vice versa, I'm not talking about God, I'm talking about religion. Religion is just another form of government. It is a way to make people behave civilly. Religions adapt to their environment, and religious leaders are community leaders.

In that way, I believe man did invent God. I also believe a real God exists as a pervasive element among all men of all religions, and God is apparent in Earth's nature, and in the Universe, and in our own psyches.

Religions might be a decent catalyst to make one aware of God, but when taken to zealously or fanatically they work to separate one from the actual God and bring them more into the confines of the religion.

To understand God, I believe one must look internally and also look for the pervasive elements throughout all religions and all of nature. There is a natural order to things that is readily apparent, and there is a little jiminy cricket in each of us, but it is difficult to distinguish between the voice of god and the voice of indoctrinated religion. Once you can distinguish the two voices and only listen to the voice of God, then the whole world looks a lot less scary.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well said brother!

That is essentially nearly the exact beliefs I hold. So when I see folks like the OP telling me "John in the Bible said.... Revelations says.... etc etc" I do not see someone professing God but Religion, and frankly I could care less about Religion, a product of Man to control Man.

That's not to say there are not excellent moral teaching in holy texts, but that they should not be taken literally verbatim and used to judge others. Anyone who does so is about as far from God as you could possibly be.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Dam, if two Masons agree on the issue, and it flies in the face of the OP's Christian beliefs, then we have surely colluded to destroy the very fabric of the earth and develop our own NWO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join