It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Artifacts on Mars? Cosmic Cube or shiny rock?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think I am leaning more toward some type of metal. I don't think it's frost. It looks like the rover ran over whatever this is and broke it. We are seeing the shiny reflective side that isn't covered over with layers of dust. To me it almost actually appears to be glowing. I have a scientific reason for thinking that but this thread has died so quickly I don't know if there is anyone left here to explain it all to. If anyone is curious I would be happy to elaborate.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JayDub113

You should go ahead and post it, I mean I personally think it is just a hunk of metal, probably from a meteorite. Though it doesn't hurt to hear new ideas, nothing new was discovered or learned by people holding back ideas. Even some of the worst ideas have led to more discussion and brought out great ideas.

Also, screw the cosmic cube, when you find the infinity gauntlet then you have a real find!

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by deathlord

Glad someone at least knows what a Cosmic Cube is. Nice one.

I am sorting through this idea before I post but the gist it that in the pictures taken through the fliters at the red end of the spectrum, the "white smudges" are from even with the bottom of the object up past it. And with the photos taken through the blue end filters, the objects appear smudged from even with the top to down past the bottom.

I am still researching, but I think that this indicates that all the edges of the object are glowing, The overall "cone of light" coming from the object spreads well past the edges of the object, so we see more red wavelengths at the top and more blue at the bottom. Like I said, still researching, but I do think the different "type" smudges are due to the different filters used.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Which makes me think this. A Prism would cause light to spread out like that. Does reflected light separate as through a prism? Could this be some type of crystal?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Oh come on guys, I know it isn't earth-shattering but it's really interesting I think. No one else has a thought? Anyone?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well, can we find examples of shiny rock on earth like that?

I understand that some rocks can be highly polished to give a reflective surface, but usually something that highly reflective is technology of some sort.

Usually.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I completely agree. Either way, why would NASA image those two objects three separate times, the last time only after calibrating every filter, and then image them through every filter. Spirit spent three days investigating these objects. They were tagged for further study not once but twice. We don't have to jump to any conclusions to see that this is at the very least something interesting.
edit on 15-6-2012 by JayDub113 because: grammar

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
On the other hand, it could be a completely new mineral of some sort. I'll it unobtanium.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
An energon cube maybe? There do seem to be a preponderance of "cubes with power" throughout human history.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Cosmic cube, energon cube, the Lament Configuration from Hellraiser haha...the Black Cube.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What a waste ATS, way to go. Bunch of shills and sheeple. Yeah I said it.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
We really need more information than just a few altered pictures. They really could just be a shiny rock.

Without analysis we can't truly know, only assume.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I agree in a sense, but we are not talking about a few photos, we have at least 20 different photos of the same two objects, all but one of them causing the "alteration." There are NO other examples of a rock on Mars being photographed so many times much less one that's for whatever reason blinding the camera.

And no, unfortunately there is no more evidence to go on, but if more people looked and thought about it..well yea that.. the thing I like that never happens.. for people to look and think.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It is sad how un-interesting this is to people.

Where are the debunkers? They flew like the wind. Bury the thread I guess on this one.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Spirit rover spent a week analyzing these strange glowing rocks on the surface of Mars. A week. STRANGE GLOWING ROCKS.. How in the world is no one on ATS of all places interested in that?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
STRANGE GLOWING ROCKS ON MARS!!!

Do you have an opinion..?

Do you have an opinion..?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join