It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farage - Break up the euro & restore human dignity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I dont normally agree with the British - but Nigel Farage does make a few good points .

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Greece in my opinion has two choices.

1. Sell its citizens into generations of economical slavery within the EU which can only result in real hardship for the Greek people and the loss of its youth that will be forced to look for work elsewhere. We know what that means. Cheap labour with no employment protection to the detriment of the host nations workforce.

2. Leave the EU, sack the banksters and take its chances like it has done for the thousand plus years that preceded its EU membership.

Neither choice means easy street but #1 has no future for Greece as a sovereign nation and #2 puts their future back into the hands of the Greek people. IMO

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Agreed

In addition, substitute the word Greece, for Ireland.

Stability Treaty my arse.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

" Stuck inside the euro you are going to be literally destroyed."

Come on Europe, your magnificent cultures and peoples, wake up.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Just be patient. The Euro will fall pretty soon and no one will have a choice in the matter.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nothing but good can come of it! And Nigel Farage, although British, is probably the only politician who makes any sense at all anywhere in the world.

If we had to vote President of the World today, my vote would be cast for him - no reservations whatsoever. If nothing else, he would make a brilliant start toward a decent and respectable future.
edit on 12/6/2012 by CosmicEgg because: formatting

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Euro will probably collapse on itself soon.
A few things I would like to comment tho on this subject matter.
Firstly, its all well and good saying "break up the euro" its a simple thought, but harder to put into force. Anybody who says "break it up" has no real idea what they are talking about and what issues are involved, its a naive statement to make that only somebody with very little knowledge of what would be involved.
The problem with the Euro which has come to light with the recent years it makes countries with unequal economies, equal to one another. It pairs off countries like the UK and Germany with smaller countries likes Greece and Ireland, and expects them to function on the same level. I went to Malta before it was made part of the EU, and everything was dirt cheap, things cost hardly anything, and you couldn't spend all your money. There was cheap locally produced items like beer and other soft drinks (they had their own bottling plant). Cheap cigarettes (not that I smoke). Things that the locals set the price of to what their economy could handle. Then came the EU, things were either same priced, or more expensive (import prices etc). When I went again I had to be careful with my money. (Increased tourism probably account for some of that hike too). I think (I'm not an economist more than any other poster on this thread) was the main problem behind situations like Greece, trying to live on the same levels that countries like Germany were accustomed to.

Now , another issue I have is with Americans proclaiming knowledge or insight. Or saying what should happen. Now, I think somebody in the EU, has very little insight into what is going on, except what their news tells them. I think that Americans have less, and shouldn't try articulate an opinion about something that they are not a part of and that has formulated an opinion based on a third party.
No offense to Americans, I'm sure you're (all/some off you) well educated and independent thinking people.

Final point to make, which is an important one. Nigel Farage is the leader of the UKIP party. Thats the UK Independence Party. Their entire party is devoted to getting out the EU (they have very little policy in other things). I think somebody with a one tracked mind like that is ignorant. Proper politicians, even those opposed to the EU, aren't stupid enough to suggest 'pulling out' of the EU. If something needs to be done about it, they will try less blunt methods of solving problems, then using a club to crack an egg.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xertious

That's not even close to right. I live in Helsinki. I just visited Paris last month. The prices for things is nowhere near the same for the man on the street. It may look the same to you as a tourist, eating in restaurants and looking at price tags in the shops, but it's even anywhere. Even price tags that show £, €, etc., have different euro prices just as often as not.

Food prices and quality are far from equal. Very far.

And the UK is not eurozone. Kind of important, that.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The only group pushing to keep the Euro is the NWO because if this fails it is going to be that much harder to try and push forward with the union between Canada/Mexico/US.

I enjoy seeing people starting to stand up for what is right and IMO this is only the beginning.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I'm not sure what that first part meant, I think it re-affirmed what I said about prices being set up to be on par with the rest of the EU. Increasing the cost of living for the citizens.
I wasn't really talking about food quality, I was talking about the price of food, ie essentials like bread etc being raised in price.
Also, I think twice I didn't go there as a proper tourist, the first two times I went there I went as self catering, so I was shopping in the local shops so I kind of did get a feel for what prices were before and what they are now. My Grandparents also lived there for some time (they go like twice a year and have friends out there) so I wouldn't really consider them a tourist and they think pretty much the same thing.

Yes, two different things, the video is of a guy who wants the European Union to be broken down, not just the Euro Area.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xertious

I spoke in comparison as I have intimate knowledge of prices and quality in these different countries. I lived in Paris twenty years ago while studying there. I had a rented flat, my family in tow, we lived as normal residents there. That was in the time of the old money. Now I go back every year or so as well as to other cities around Europe. Being the mother of the family, prices are something I know like the back of my hand. What I'm trying to get across to you is that our price parity is nothing like the same.

Because you spent some time in Europe doesn't mean you understand what's happening nor do you have the historical advantage to rely on. I've been here since the mid-80s. I've traveled extensively, though not to Greece. I have spent a good deal of time in the UK, France, Spain and Italy as well as the northern countries, so I'm fairly well-versed in this matter. Not only that but I've traveled for all those years. I speak with a good deal of intimate knowledge.

The quality of things have only gone down since this whole EU thing grew into the monster it is. Not one good thing that was promised us has happened.

Things are still cheaper in the south and costlier in the north. But overall, all prices have increased by leaps and bounds. We were sold a bill of goods with the EU and the euro. It's all a huge, complicated lie and Brussels should be razed (as long as Farage isn't there).

Farage is neither wrong nor extreme in his comments. He is the only one in Brussels who is willing to speak the truth. I respect him immensely. We need more of his kind.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The EU was set up to make a level playing field in Europe or that was how they, politicians sold it to us. No borders and a mobile workforce.

That did not happen and to be honest that may be the sales pitch but it was never the intention. 20-30 years on we see the truth. They are now showing their hand.

The mobile workforce is cheap disposable workers to compete with the emerging economies like China. A large pretty much unrestricted playing field for the multinationals and big banks who call the shots leaving the citizens of each member country with little say in their own futures or their countries. A third world, disenfranchised workforce in a first world economy. Chained in debt. Certainly not the promise made to us.

Farage who I know, is a man just like us. He chose to be a politician and while he is doing a good job in the EU parliament as a fly in their ointment that is all he is. One of our problems is making hero's out of zero's. Politicians (every man jack of them is a zero) sucking up to big business for their own personal greed got us where we are today. My opinion is they are only good today and as soon as they stop being good for us they should be dumped Farage included.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You're mates, are you? Grab one down at the pub after work now and again? Because you've seen him from across the street once in person doesn't mean you know him. I suspect that if you traveled in the same circles you would be a lot better with the written word. Be honest, please.

I watch quite a few of the MEP sessions, as I do the local government's sessions. It's generally more hot air than I can stand but Mr Farage is a breath of fresh air. He is quite simply the only politician who pretty consistently speaks with honesty and common sense. People who can call a spade a spade are worth a lot in my value system. He ranks pretty high there.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I went fishing with him and his son a few times. I don’t see the need for your caustic personal reply but hey if it floats your boat knock yourself out.

If you want to put your trust in heroes and join the celeb worshipers that's your call as well. Do you want his autograph?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I do wonder what you think our leaders should be then, since we feel we must have leaders. If they are not to be "men like us" then what are they to be? And frankly, because you don't like him has no bearing on whether anyone else should "like him" or not. I'm sure it doesn't keep him awake at night.

I wonder why you wish to disparage him in your comments. What in the world do you want from politicians? Name one single politician anywhere in the world who is doing as well or better than Farage and we'll see where the problem lies. Otherwise I suspect you just wanted to pretend that you guys are mates and have a little name-dropping fun.

And dear, I've been to parties and had dealing with so many famous people it would melt your eyeballs. They are normal folks. They come into the world precisely as we do. My being star-struck would have certainly created some embarrassing situations. It is not a quality I possess. Your deprecation of Mr Farage is that same phenomenon in reverse. I can't see you passing such judgments on your milkman, whom I suspect you know quite a lot better than you do Farage.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Politicians are public servants. The instant we turn them into VIP's we set them up to be better than us, above us, know better than us instead of represent us.

Your comment about you doubting me moving in those lofty circles say's it all.

Farage is a normal decent bloke. I have met Bob Crow, Ken Livingstone as well and they are also nice people. Their public face is as representatives of us, the voters/members and in that role the instant they stop representing us and start deciding what is best for us it is time they went.

So I repeat Farage is doing a good job today being a fly in the ointment. We'll see what he does tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

They aren't lofty and it's not so extraordinary. I wondered very much about you claiming to move in said circles - unless you take people on fishing trips for a living - and still commenting so disparagingly about him. Kind of "not done".

Well, and you're clearly not a man of letters so it just added to my mistrust. Got to be said, son. It just has to be said.

Just so you understand this now: I do not engage in any form of idol worship. Understand it. He's no more a VIP than I am. I just have no clout in the relevant circles. I'm not even part of that world anymore. That's why I said that I think he's doing a brilliant job - because there is *no one else doing anything even remotely as honest in politics anywhere else*. If we needed to vote for President of Planet Earth today, he would receive my vote. That's all I said. You read and are still reading in some sort of idolization that simply does not exist. I admire many people, but to call it idol worship or what-have-you is absurd. I can certainly express praise where I feel it is wholeheartedly deserved. You can cast aspersions on people you claim to know intimately too. That is your choice. But please mind your interpretations of the intent behind my opinions.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by colin42

They aren't lofty and it's not so extraordinary. I wondered very much about you claiming to move in said circles - unless you take people on fishing trips for a living - and still commenting so disparagingly about him. Kind of "not done".

Well, and you're clearly not a man of letters so it just added to my mistrust. Got to be said, son. It just has to be said.

Just so you understand this now: I do not engage in any form of idol worship. Understand it. He's no more a VIP than I am. I just have no clout in the relevant circles. I'm not even part of that world anymore. That's why I said that I think he's doing a brilliant job - because there is *no one else doing anything even remotely as honest in politics anywhere else*. If we needed to vote for President of Planet Earth today, he would receive my vote. That's all I said. You read and are still reading in some sort of idolization that simply does not exist. I admire many people, but to call it idol worship or what-have-you is absurd. I can certainly express praise where I feel it is wholeheartedly deserved. You can cast aspersions on people you claim to know intimately too. That is your choice. But please mind your interpretations of the intent behind my opinions.
That's enough of your nonense. Go find someone else to play your silly wind up game.

Your silly abuse and claim of not being a hero worshipper looks a little empty when You say you will vote a person president of the world on the back of a few speeches tells me all I need to know about you.

As for me not being a man of words. At least my words are not the tripe your peddling. Bye.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Not a person of great fortitude, are you? That was obvious from the start though. Nice to have chatted.

Ps. Learn the word "if".

new topics

top topics

join