It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I Buy a Gun? Liberal Female Reporter Decides to Buy a Firearm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

I became plagued by nightmares and apprehension. I feared that R. and I were being followed

Fear is never a reason to buy a gun, never, ever and an article written by ELLE

To me someone who is afraid and has a gun is more a danger to themselves, and other people.

Amen.

I hate it when women shoot guns and think it's "empowering".

That's why they (men too if they say the same) should all start out with a large, bolt action, 30+ caliber rifle, and fire a mandatory 100 rounds. She how empowering it is with a big ass bruise the next day on your shoulder.

I suggest 30-06 for empowerment.
edit on 13-6-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Just like to say after reading the replies it reminds me of when I was a kid. Not an owner of any guns now but had many around growing up. Did all the safety courses that went along with it and even went to a summer camp focused on gun safety.

The replies in this thread remind me of how most gun owners are, conscience of their responsibility in ownership. Probably won't own any more myself but it does bring back some nostalgia, and also makes me wonder about the really nutty people who are scared of legal ownership by responsible people.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

I think I was about 14 years old when I was learning to shoot trap one summer.

Used to put my shotgun on the back of my bike and pedal over to the range, about 10 miles away.

Old guy there reloaded ammo for us, brought it in empty bread bags, maybe charged a dollar for a bag of 12 gauge shells to shoot one round. His name was Lloyd. We called the reloads Lloyd loads. Sometimes he would skip a step or add a step. So sometimes there was a primer but no powder. And sometimes there was double the powder. Had some quality control issues. But I really learned so much that summer.

Recently out with the Scouts have had a couple opportunities to shoot at thrown clay birds and could still hit most of them.

<< 1   >>

join