It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western US Sheriffs gather to discuss their Constitutional authority.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

no, they are not the ultimate authority anywhere. the people are the ultimate authority. isnt' that what you wrote?

they won a temporary job as the result of a beauty contest.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by frazzle

no, they are not the ultimate authority anywhere. the people are the ultimate authority. isnt' that what you wrote?

they won a temporary job as the result of a beauty contest.

No, I didn't write that, you're confusing me with someone else. Nevertheless, the people of the county do vote for their Sheriff and in that regard they are the ultimate authority. Unfortunately, too often people vote as they're encouraged to do by the power houses in the local media and end up regretting who they chose.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsPeculiar
reply to post by randyvs

Anyone who believes the solution is in voting is a travesty to the word freedom.

That is worthy of explaination. Take a shot at it.

It's beyond me how anyone can't see that voting is just a grandiose lie in this day and age. Everyone should refuse to vote just to let the tyrants know we're on to thier game. When you vote they are confirmed in how stupid they think we are .

Hows that?

Need more ?

edit on 13-6-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I agree with both you and LIP, at least until and unless elections are made transparent and verifiable but I doubt if that has ever existed anywhere on earth at any time in history. So far no one has come up with a legitimate method of choosing our leadership, even on a local level.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Most people seem to forget that each state has it's own constitution. If that state's constitution gives the sheriff ultimate power in his jurisdiction, then he is the ultimate power for said county. Federal government or not.

End of story, no discussion, no misinterpretation.

The problem is that the federal government, who's authority should not override states authority, is doing just that.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by randyvs

I agree with both you and LIP, at least until and unless elections are made transparent and verifiable but I doubt if that has ever existed anywhere on earth at any time in history. So far no one has come up with a legitimate method of choosing our leadership, even on a local level.

Retarded people could do a better job then what is going on now ! At least they are pure of heart. I would vote for a mentally retarded person in a heartbeat. Only !

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

most people also forget, that the People, in this case, Americans, are exalted above all things in Heaven and on Earth in this Land.

So, it makes little difference.

the only people that will ever control anything in this land are the Americans.

not people that came here 200 years ago or yesterday; but Americans only. all the rest of your effort was in vain.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Originally posted by frazzle
reply to post by randyvs

Retarded people could do a better job then what is going on now ! At least they are pure of heart. I would vote for a mentally retarded person in a heartbeat. Only !

Ha, they're not dumb enough to think they're smart enough to boss everybody else around.

Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

isn't this suitable for accountability?

Definately not! Kalifornica has many more representatives than Georgia, so they ALWAYS impose crap upon us we don't want or need through Federal mandates. (They aren't content just settling matters in thier own state, they think they know what is best for us as well.) Besides, Congress may have oversight power, but they never exercise it appropriately..

you want an overly complicated and inefficient system that would be impossible to implement in real life.

Oh, now that is rich! Since when has the Federal government ever taken the simple and efficient approach to anything whatsoever? You are dreaming if you think the Feds can do anything without overcomplication. The Feds are the MASTERS of overcomplication and overregulation.

micro-managing the federal system, so you as an individual citizen can feel more powerful...

Exactly! Precisely! That is what FREEDOM is all about. Freedom is all about self-determination. Good God of Friday! You are a well-indoctrinated nanny-state leftist-extremist. I believe you have no respect for those who live around you, but somehow image that those far away in DC are your friends. You have definately drunk the Kool-Aide.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

most of what I've read on this thread appear to me to be light and transient issues

Most of what puts us in this frame of mind are not. When a farmer cannot draw water from his own wells for his own fields, we have a farmer that cannot make a living or even maintain ownership of his means to a living. You can bet that such folks don't take that as a light and transient issue. This thread does not enumerate the tyrannies of the Feds. You aren't observant or don't understand freedom/tyranny if you haven't otherwise noticed them yourself.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Ha, they're not dumb enough to think they're smart enough to boss everybody else around.

Not my fault that it is what it is.

The meek will inherit the earth.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by frazzle

Not my fault that it is what it is.

Don't you just wish they'd get with the program and start inheriting. I hate to admit it, but I think that line might also have been dissolved in some potent koolaid. Like sugar.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's beyond me how anyone can't see that voting is just a grandiose lie in this day and age. Everyone should refuse to vote just to let the tyrants know we're on to thier game. When you vote they are confirmed in how stupid they think we are .

Voting doesn't work because there are many misguided people like yourself who cast their vote like a registered idiot. If you don't vote, then the power will come entirely from those who take power unapposed. They will have nobody but themselves to control their actions. If they decide to kill you and bury you in Utah it will be too late for you to take even a half-hearted attempt at self governance.

Local elections are of paramont importance. That is the grounds for this entire discussion about the powers of the Shireff. They are the last line of defense with regard to encroachment of tyranny.

Is the matter also lost upon you that if people raise sutable candidates and replace the current representatives with those raised from the People that Congress can be turned to do a better job? As I stated before, we are in this mess strickly because of people just like you who don't vote or do so recklessly. The fate of this Nation really is in your hands. If not the ballot box, then surely the ammo box. Choose between them, carefully.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Only after it is reduced to a burned out cinder.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Don't you just wish they'd get with the program and start inheriting. I hate to admit it, but I think that line might also have been dissolved in some potent koolaid. Like sugar.

We keep going along with their insanities and we'll all be drinking the koolaid sooner than later. It's insane to vote.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

the only people that will ever control anything in this land are the Americans

If you don't wake up, that will no longer be the case. You must not have observed the Muslim takeover of Europe. It is happing here as well, but there are not yet enough of them on which to base the mayhem.

Then there is the Mexican invasion, and the Democrats doing everything they can to allow non-citizens to vote.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's insane to vote.

It is better, then, that you don't. You would undoubtedly use your vote unwisely. You are of the ilk that got us in this mess in the first place.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

You can call me names all day long. The definition of insanity is explained in the link I provided. Repeating the same methodology over and over again believing the lies over and over is simply stupid and proven to be worthless. Keep it up cause you are blind and will not see the truth of just how evil these people are..

This Sherriffs meeting is mostr likely schill of designation presenting us a false sense of relief. You can look for something like this just before the hammer drops and smashes your fantasy.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsPeculiar
reply to post by randyvs

Voting doesn't work because there are many misguided people like yourself who cast their vote like a registered idiot. If you don't vote, then the power will come entirely from those who take power unapposed. They will have nobody but themselves to control their actions. If they decide to kill you and bury you in Utah it will be too late for you to take even a half-hearted attempt at self governance.

Local elections are of paramont importance. That is the grounds for this entire discussion about the powers of the Shireff. They are the last line of defense with regard to encroachment of tyranny.

Is the matter also lost upon you that if people raise sutable candidates and replace the current representatives with those raised from the People that Congress can be turned to do a better job? As I stated before, we are in this mess strickly because of people just like you who don't vote or do so recklessly. The fate of this Nation really is in your hands. If not the ballot box, then surely the ammo box. Choose between them, carefully.

I campaigned for a candidate for sheriff in my county some years ago. There were several candidates on the ballot and the news media portrayed "our man" as having less of a shot at winning than "Mickey Mouse" and that went on throughout the campaign. So on election day our "team" all gathered in the ball room of a local hotel to watch the numbers come in and our candidate was way out in front of the pack. We were cheering and doing some happy backslapping. Then the computers "had a glitch and went offline". When they came back up 15 or 20 minutes later, our guy was losing by a large margin. The guy who won turned out to be a major insider with some real sleezy friends.

Stalin was right.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

Why of course !

It's all my fault.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join