It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Family Median Net Worth Drops Staggering 38.8% over 3 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Hum, interesting number -38.8%- and the depression/recession ended 3 years ago... my gosh - is the glass half full or 60% empty ? (I suspect this number represents the bottom economically for this decade).
All I know is this crap has got to stop - its has been interfering with my right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness - not to mention its been hell keeping mama happy and we all know if mama isn't happy no body is.
I guess I am fairing better than most - but lets be real here - how is digging our ditch deeper ever going to fix the problem of the ditch....

edit on 12-6-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Wonder how this helps the President in his re-election bid? Am surprised that this would come out on MSNBC in this close election year. Maybe they are tired of Obama too.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

Nah, they'll just blame Bush. It's the only thing they know how to do. Don't get me wrong, I think Bush was a total failure and the worst president in U.S. history. Then, America elected Obama and he now owns that title.

It sure would be nice if the Fed would quit printing funny money and let the economy crash. It's the only way we can rebuild. If we keep propping it up, the fall is going to be much worse.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
"Mission Accomplished"

2nd

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
He promised "Change" and he delivered it! The economy has changed for the worst. The jobs market has changed for the worst. The housing market has changed for the worst. Just about eveything Odumbass has changed, he has changed for the worst.

I'm still reeling over the apprent stupidity of those who call themselves "Supporters" of this train-wreck! I mean, how much more evidence do you need? That is, unless you are praying for the destruction of America.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I do wonder just how much longer this idea that top down economics really works goes on. Does congress have to wait until most people are homeless, sick and starving until it realises that there are some problems going on with capitalism. In promoting and striving for unlimited wealth, someone has to pay.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

well we can always hope for sanity - however, I have found little sanity left in people who have lost everything including their sanity. I suspect these people will not go quitely into the night. I predict there will be a day like the day that sparked the french revolution 1789 - and off with their heads will be the entertainment of the year, the only question will be how large will the crowds be... in france, it was only a few thousand changed the direction of that society.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The middle class takes a beating while corporation and the top 1% scamper off with record profits (and record lows for taxes paid).

Obama is making Bush look like a genius by comparison.
We got wealth redistribution alright, from the bottom up and in record amounts.
That money didn't disappear - it migrated upwards.
How much can we lose before we all lose it?
Stay tuned America, Romney is going to have to do more than pay lip service to the middle class.
I have a feeling hope and change will become Nope & Pain.
Millionaires are the new middle class.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join