It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masonry Pillars of Our Faith - The Secret in a Mirror so you can see. X Marks the Spot

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I try my best to not read his stuff but it really gets in the way.

You see, I find this all hilarious.

Do you see a connection to Secret Societies and the history we are experiencing today? War? Banking? Commerce? Resources and clean energy?

Do not mistake my distaste for you as a sign that I am not aware of these things. I know exactly what "they" are up to, because I see it. Yet I also know the goal, the point of it all. I know what a catalyst looks like and how it performs, and I know what lessons I am to take from it.

While you dwell on the mystery you still don't see the forest for the trees, because you've become mired in one single religious viewpoint and have managed to attribute things that simply have no relation to anything in the Bible, except through the allegorical and metaphorical of course.

The Bible is code, but so is everything else. I understand the symbolic nature and the holographic nature of how things work. I get it.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

It sounds to me like the two pillars represent two things to Masons. One pillar stands for truth and the other pillar stands for lies. So, obviously, Freemasonry is using a combination of both to deceive all of it's members into what they want them to believe hoping you won't recognize their contradictions.

Masons are a walk through religious history and they trace that history mostly using lots of symbolism. One of the keys is the symbolism for the 1st temple, and the Mason's lodge uses lots of that 1st temple symbolism from checkerboard tile floor set to the dimentions for the 1st temple and the East West orientation.

The two columns mean exactly what they said they meant with no other special significance. Masons are a history lesson and lots of the history touches on various truths, which get presented. But in the end one learns, religions that teach god is something more than nature's vast works tells the world mystical lies to capture a following they mislead and use.

Organized Religion won't take one back to the times before the flood and check out the story of Enoch and the Sumerian Tablets information where the City of Ur and the home of Abraham appears and explain how Nimrod and such ties to this false form of god and the Nimrod contempt for this.

Masons cut to the chase in teaching what the organized churches don't want you to know and the Bible omits for much the same reason. Bible is about half truths and Masons go chase down the whole truth by going further back. Mason don't get too deep into Jesus, but the offer up Hiram Abiff as a general metaphore for a similar recurrent icon in religion.

Masons look somewhat religious due to this chase for the truth and various emulations that help in the teaching for the symbolisms, but they do value the truth for religion and don't really favor one over the other, as in the end no religion teaches what is the top knowledge of the Mason's tracing for the religious histories explains.

edit on 13-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: A trip up Jacobs ladder and the view from the constellations

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
I try my best to not read his stuff but it really gets in the way.

You see, I find this all hilarious.

Do you see a connection to Secret Societies and the history we are experiencing today? War? Banking? Commerce? Resources and clean energy?

Ah, that is more Bilderberg linked problems from the Royal's money games. Looks like you are here to mislead folks down the wrong trail.

One does have to keep an eye on the Mason's Master Lodge in London.

But one can see a bit of what a 33rd Mason valued with Adam Weishaupt, and that was ultimate moral character that would displace the need for churches and the need for monarchal leadership in the world. Real Illuminism is about getting rid of the Royalists and their control over the world, even via wealth, and dumping all the wrong concepts of the churches that supported the Roylist's theme of right to rule handed down from David's throne.

edit on 13-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: 33rd vision

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

All the foolish signs and festivals of the Pagan religion were pasted over by God with truth. The world would love us to believe that it is the other way around. I beg to differ on that point. God took their foolishness and made it his glory. Satan is made to look the fool.

Sorry to confuse.

edit on 13-6-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

I have agonized over the whole "holidays as we now celebrate them" for almost 7 years now. I keep vacillating between "all that you do, do for the glory of God" or being a total holiday nazi altogether.
We don't celebrate Halloween, but I do let my children dress up in something silly or sweet and we generally do something sponsored through church. I told them that God wants us to enjoy ourselves too, so instead of Halloween proper, we celebrate the coming of fall and cooler weather.
For Easter, I let them pick out new dresses and let my sister give them baskets of candy. I respectfully ask that my sister or mom not include anything "bunny". I told them that we would prefer lambs, or baby chicks even, instead of anything bunny. For my children, they know that the "Easter Bunny" is not real and that it is made up. I received SO MUCH FLAK for that, but I don't regret it because my babies don't feel like they're missing out on anything since there's no longer a mystery involved in it.
I got the most flak for Christmas. We don't believe in Santa, but we do believe in "The Christmas Spirit." They each get 3 gifts, since the wise men only brought 3, and they know that 12/25 is not really Jesus' birthday. However I explained to them that we really don't know the exact day Jesus was born, we have a pretty good idea, but since other people celebrate the 25th of December by giving gifts, we decided that would be a good day to celebrate Jesus' birth so we can give gifts to each other too.
Even after all these "amendments" of the holidays to cater more towards our faith, I still have angst because the most important thing to me is to not offend God. Sometimes I feel hopeless, like I'm swimming against the current and I don't want my kids to grow up and hate me for being an "asshole mom" because I "took all the joy" out of their childhood. I have so many friends that are pissed off at God & religion because their parents went staunchly overboard in their attempt to live Godly lives. So once they grew up, they were just jaded and angry at the whole notion of "religion" altogether.
I don't want to do that to my kids, but it would also be a tragic error for me to allow them to grow up blind to the truth.

And I still don't understand this thread and that makes me feel like an even bigger idiot.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Masonry teaches that Jesus is not unique. Notice the parallel sentence structure: Hindus - Krishna, . . Christians - Jesus, Masons - Hiram. They clearly are teaching that Krishna is a savior for Hindus, Jesus is a savior for Christians and Hiram Abiff is a savior for Masons. The teaching that Hiram is the Masonic savior is found in more than a few books distributed throughout the Masonic system.

Consider the words of Masonic author, Lynn Perkins: Therefore Masonry teaches that redemption and salvation are both the power and the responsibility of the individual Mason. Saviors like Hiram Abiff can and do show the way, but men must always follow and demonstrate, each for himself, his power to save himself, to build his own spiritual fabric in his own time and way. Every man in essence is his own savior and redeemer; for if he does not save himself, he will not be saved. The reader who succeeds in getting back to the real teachings of the masters, including Jesus of Nazareth, will find unanimity of thinking on this matter.

www.ephesians5-11.org...

I take offense that Masons would even claim that the "real teachings" of Jesus included such a thing as listed above. This is deceptiveness from Satan. This whole link shows nothing but secrecy and deception being used.

I find it ironic that Masons would use the same name "Hiram" for their savior. Considering that Hiram, the King of Tyre was Satan himself. In fact, this link makes it sound like Hiram Abiff is Satan's sidekick.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The twin pillars of Jesus Christ are a sever justice, and a tender mercy, they represent Justice and Mercy. Let there be no mistake.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Bwaaahahahahahahaha.

Hiram Abiff is not our savior. We use the legend of Hiram Abiff to teach allegorical lessons in the 3rd degree of freemasonry, known as the Master Mason degree.

Outside of that, you religious zealots just like attatching meanings to it that actually have no reflections within Masonic ritual.

Do some actual research instead of just listening to the BS.

This crap has been beaten to death on this web sight, just do a damn search.
edit on 13-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Sp

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Hey, I'm only drawing information from a website that one of your buddies already previously linked. I didn't come up with that one on my own.

In fact, something tells me that none of you believe the same thing, so there is no true teaching of Freemasonry. It's a free for all to believe whatever each one of you wants to believe, obviously.
edit on 13-6-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You are correct!

Freemasonry encourages all its members to delve deeply into their own personal faith, as well as encouraging FREE THOUGHT.

The only underlying teachings of Masonry are to help Brothers become better men. Live a moral life, do unto others, ect.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

So, what are the different levels for?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Masonry uses Degrees to initiate candidates so that a man may become immersed in theCraft and symbols of the fraternity slowly. Well that was the reason initially. In the last couple decades it's been made possible in certain jurisdictions to receive the degrees over a couple of weekends!

Check your u2u inbox momentarily for a good link.

Do you have access to RATS?
edit on 13-6-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Last line

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

It's a matter of the heart from what the last few verses in John 2 imply. Our testimony to others is important, but He knows our hearts. We need to know ourselves as well. Life wouldn't be nearly as interesting or educational if we didn't have the struggle. Sounds like you have a great family.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

www.ephesians5-11.org...

I take offense that Masons would even claim that the "real teachings" of Jesus included such a thing as listed above. This is deceptiveness from Satan. This whole link shows nothing but secrecy and deception being used.

I find it ironic that Masons would use the same name "Hiram" for their savior. Considering that Hiram, the King of Tyre was Satan himself. In fact, this link makes it sound like Hiram Abiff is Satan's sidekick.

Well, I guess you are going to have to deal with the issue that the first temple was satan's creation then, if King Hiram was so bad. That would make King David as Satan's consort and so with Solomon also.

Solomon, the Phonecian temple makers, and King Hiram were big buddies.

Most recognize Hiram Ab-iff is about teaching the Ab=father thing from Abba, or Jesus favorite term for god.

Hiram Abiff is a metaphore for teaching.

Most of the world is offended by the organized churches over dramitization of the Jesus story.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well, we know what happened to Solomon:

According to the Bible, Solomon had 700 wives and 300 concubines. The wives are described as foreign princesses, including Pharaoh's daughter and women of Moab, Ammon, Sidon and of the Hittites. These wives are depicted as leading Solomon away from the God of Israel toward idolatry. The only wife mentioned by name is Naamah, who is described as the Ammonite. She was the mother of Solomon's successor, Rehoboam.

...and we also know what happened to the Moabites, Ammonites, Sidonians and Hittites.

David then began fighting wars against Israel’s neighbors on the east bank of the Jordan. He defeated the Moabites, the Edomites, the Ammonites and the Arameans.

...and then...

Despite this flawless reign on a national level, David had many problems in his personal life. One day while the men were at war, David spied a beautiful woman, Bathsheba, from his rooftop. He discovered that she was married to Uriah the Hittite, but this did not stop him from sending for her and getting her pregnant. He then recalled Uriah from battle and pretended that Uriah was the father of Bathsheba’s baby. Uriah refused to go home to his wife, so David sent Uriah to the front lines of battle, where he was killed. David then married Bathsheba. When confronted by Natan the prophet, David admitted his sin. In punishment, Bathsheba’s child died and David was cursed with the promise of a rebellion from within his own house. Bathsheba and David soon conceived a second son, Solomon.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
What can one say, David got all zoomed up over the Ark helping win against Goliath. They didn't keep the Ark in a low profile little tabernackle, they had to build a big gold building to house it and all manner of drama. Solomon's turn made things worse with too much wealth, too much women, and too little sense, so the temple was overrun and the gold taken by the Babylon invaders and the Babylon captivity began.

All this over Yahweh, which gets down to a little gold box behind a curtain.

But as for columns that once existed:

lewisdt.com...

Two Pillars:

Among Freemasons the two pillars, a prominent symbol of their Craft, represent the pillars Jachin and Boaz which Hiram of Tyre made for Solomon, and set one on either side of the entrance to the Temple, to commemorate the pillar of cloud by day and of fire by night which guided the Israelites in their forty years' wanderings in the wilderness. These twin pillars are now, and as they have been, very prosaic features in all of our Masonic Lodge rooms. Boaz ("fleetness, strength") stood on the left, and Jachin ("founding") stood on the right. Manly P. Hall explains the meaning of the two pillars in his book Secret Teachings of all Ages

The right Tablet of the law (Moses' Decalogue) further signifies Jachin-the white pillar of light; the left Tablet, Boaz-the shadowy pillar of darkness. These were the names of the two pillars cast from brass set up on the porch of King Solomon's Temple.... On top of each pillar was a large bowl-now erroneously called a ball or globe-one of the bowls probably containing fire and the other water. The celestial globe (originally the bowl of fire), surmounting the right-hand column (Jachin), symbolized the divine man; the terrestrial globe (the bowl of water), surmounting the left-hand column (Boaz), signified the earthly man. These two pillars respectively connote also the active and the passive expressions of Divine Energy, the Sun and the Moon, sulphur and salt, good and bad, light and darkness. Between them is the Sanctuary they are a reminder that Jehovah is both an androgynous and an anthropomorphic deity. As two parallel columns they denote the zodiacal signs of Cancer and Capricorn, which were formerly placed in the chamber of initiation to represent birth and death-the extremes of physical life. They accordingly signify the summer and winter solstices, now known to Freemasons under the comparatively modern appellation of the "two St. Johns...In the mysterious Sephirothic Tree of the Jews, these two pillars symbolize Mercy (Jachin) and Serverity (Boaz). Standing before the gate of King Solomon's Temple, these columns had the same symbolic import as the obelisks before the sanctuaries of Egypt. When interpreted Qabbalistically, the names of the two pillars mean 'In strength shall My House be established (p.307-8).

------------

Hall explains that the two pillars were topped with fire and water, two of the five elements recognized in the occult and ancient alchemy. Hall further explains that the right-hand column (fire) symbolizes "the divine man." Freemasonry seeks to unite mortal man with the divine man, or bring out man’s god consciousness. The terrestrial globe (water) symbolizes the earthly man. The pillars are also supposed to symbolize the active divine energy of the male sun (phallic) and the passive divine energy of the female moon (yonic) also seen in the compass (phallic) and square (yonic) symbol. For Freemasons the pillars represent the whole host of dualistic opposites. One could even say that they are a symbol of dualism. Hall goes on to say that they also symbolize "that Jehovah is both an androgynous and an anthropomorphic deity." Being androgynous is essentially the same as being a hermaphrodite. Freemasons commonly describe Jehovah as a hermaphrodite both in words and the symbols employed in the lodge. This teaching contradicts the Bible which frequently uses masculine pronouns when referring to God. Strictly speaking the God of the Bible is not an anthropomorphic deity. The Bible teaches that mankind was created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27). Sometimes the Bible even uses anthropomorphisms to describe God, but this doesn’t mean that God is anthropomorphic. The Bible tells us that men "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things" (Romans 1:22 and 23). In this regard the pillars are also compared to the summer and winter solstices. In true Masonic allegory the two Saints were adopted purely in consequence of the two important feast days they were assigned in their honor rather than their particular relationship with the Craft in general. By history, custom, tradition and ritualistic requirements, the Craft holds in veneration the Festival Days of St. John the Baptist on June 24th, and St. John the Evangelist on December 27th. Thus, Freemasons associate the two pillars with the two St. Johns.

In the Tree of Life as presented in Qabala, these two pillars symbolize Mercy (Jachin) and Serverity (Boaz). When interpreted Qabbalistically, the names of the two pillars mean "In strength shall My House be established." Standing before the gate of King Solomon's Temple, these columns had the same symbolic meaning as the obelisks before the sanctuaries of Egypt. Obelisks were set in pairs, at the entrances of temples, and to some Old Kingdom tombs and closely related to the cult of the Sun God Ra also known as Atum. Obelisks symbolized the stability and the creative force of Atum. Atum was a deity in Egypt. His name is thought to be derived from the word 'tem' which means to complete or finish. Thus he has been interpreted as being the 'complete one' and also the finisher of the world, which he returns to watery chaos at the end of the creative cycle. As creator he was seen as the underlying substance of the world, the deities and all things being made of his flesh or alternatively being his kas. Obelisks were believed to act as magical protection to the monuments such as temples and tombs.

The two pillars erected in Solomon’s Temple and represented in the Masonic lodge have a pagan and anti-Biblical meaning. The Bible says that King Hezekiah instituted a religious iconoclastic reform, and removed the objects from the Temple. When the young reforming king came to the throne of Judah in the late 8th century BC:

He removed the high places, and brake the images, and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to it: and he called it Nehushtan. 2 Kings 18:4.

The Masonic symbol of two pillars may be seen on American Social Security Cards, in Barcelona, Spain, at the University of Southern California Olympians Zamperini Plaza, The American Home Bank logo, and the Iloilo National High School – (Ephyscience) Special Science Class logo.

edit on 14-6-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Pillar Magic

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Exactly. The same reason God told King Hiram he would be overthrown by a foreign nation as well in Ezekiel 28. More interested in collecting wealth and putting himself on a pedestal as opposed to leading the country the way God intended him to.

As for the columns, your link pretty much summed up what I believed them to represent as well. One of the pictures in that section creeped me out a little as it reminded me of the twin towers.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Thinking more along the lines of the Twin Towers and how it housed the World Trade Center, it reminded me of these verses of God speaking to Satan about his part in leading the King of Tyre astray.

Ezekiel 28:16-18

16) Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones.

17) Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor. So I threw you to the earth; I made a spectacle of you before kings.

18) By your many sins and dishonest trade you have desecrated your sanctuaries. So I made a fire come out from you, and it consumed you, and I reduced you to ashes on the ground in the sight of all who were watching.

Verse 18 definitely reminds me of the Twin Towers.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I see the similarity. Twin Towers of the WTC in NYC became the symbol for the Rockefeller and Rothschilds money machine. Basically, the Bilderberg System also largely merged into the WTC / Rockefeller mechanisms.

Also, rings a similar theme with the Twin Towers of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

No doubt the Muslum clerics see the twin pillar symbolism also, and they don't like the Jewish Temple symbolism or their money machinery pushing the Neocon agenda for PNAC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join