It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my armchair wargame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
With modern guided weaponry, if you can detect the enemy and track it accurately, you are likely to hit.

The high-performance Chinese missiles are indeed a significant threat to U.S. Navy capital ships, if the missiles can be accurately targeted and guided. China wouldn't have substantial deep water tracking ability so it would come down to satellites, and then it's a contest on satellite jamming. Probably both sides are decent enough, and if both sides' satellites are down it comes to air power and surveillance, for which the USA has a clear advantage.

Now counterpoint, suppose China wanted to invade and conquer Taiwan, presumably requiring large numbers of ground troops.

What defense do Chinese troop transport ships have against B-2 with guided weaponry? None. What defense do Chinese surface naval ships have against B-2 with guided weaponry? Very little. GPS/laser/tv bombs are even cheaper than missiles.

So a conflict plays out as a stalemate preserving status quo, Chinese naval ships are sunk, US naval ships are kept far away with some casualties, Chinese and US submarines play freely, and Taiwan stays unoccupied.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I wanted to take part in the other thread regarding Chinas capabilities against the US naval force, however the thread was temp closed, bloody typical

It should be interesting to note that China have not disclosed their full military capibilities or plans (who does?) I read there files from 2011 a few months back, the paper work that all nations disclose to each other, can't rember what they are called... Green meant full disclosure, amber some disclosure, and red, undisclosed.

There were a few things that they like to keep secret.

Is personnally be more worried about the Russian/Chinese alliance, Shanghai some thing or another??
There not alone either, eastern alliances are being formed, no doubt.

America are like playing chicken with the east, seeing how many times the can tug the dogs tale until it snaps.

It seems the Americans on this site cannot see past their patriotic emotions, and aren't willing to see recent world events in the correct light "China couldn't touch us! We. Are. America!"

Big woop, America will be doomed in 2 decades, enjoy it while you can, please see one of my links below, a thread entitled "national defence university" for the INSSs outlook on America and the East in the next few years to come.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Its also good to remember China owns most American debt, attack them physically, and they'll sure hurt you where it hurts most... In the American wallet.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Its also good to remember China owns most American debt, attack them physically, and they'll sure hurt you where it hurts most... In the American wallet.

If they go to war, US doesn't have to pay them back LOL. Therefore, China will stop shipping goods to the US forcing Americans to make their own stuff.

Sounds good to me.

BTW, China doesn't have these:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Maybe not, but they do have an army of super phyciks

top topics

join