It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crucifixion of Jusus - Unidentified Flying Objects

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
"The Crucifixion" hangs above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia ~ it was painted in 1350.

The painting depicts two UFO's in the sky on both sides of Jesus.

I have concluded that the two UFO's represent the sun and the moon. We can see the sun on the left and the moon on the right. The sun is represented in orange and the moon is represented in silver. The sun represents the father and the moon represents the mother and is displayed above Jesus respectively. We can also see that the silver object is hollow thus furthering the theory of it being a moon?

Than I ask myself, how would they have known in 1350 that the moon was hollow?

Also does anyone know who painted this painting?

Secondly, here is another painting (The Madonna with Saint Giovannino - 15th Century AD). The painting depicts Mary mother of Jesus looking down while in the background you can see a clear picture of what appears to be a UFO flying above while a man on a ledge and stares at the strange flying object in the sky along with his dog. Again, Unknown artist.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Aha how did they know the moon was hollow? Seriously? That's what you took from that picture?

The moon may very well be hollow, but I don't think that picture dipicts it, does that mean the suns hollow to?

Those are paintings of UFOs no doubt, I heard that Jesus was a plot by an alien race to united the religions of rome into one new religion, I haven't come to any certain conclusions yet, but even back in 1300 summate, I can see I'm not the only one humming and arring over the ET presence.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
the best part of the madonna painting is that a small guy is actually looking at the 'UFO' from underneath....

edit on 12-6-2012 by DukeEligos because: pic

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc
"The Crucifixion" hangs above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia ~ it was painted in 1350.

The painting depicts two UFO's in the sky on both sides of Jesus.

I have concluded that the two UFO's represent the sun and the moon. We can see the sun on the left and the moon on the right. The sun is represented in orange and the moon is represented in silver. The sun represents the father and the moon represents the mother and is displayed above Jesus respectively. We can also see that the silver object is hollow thus furthering the theory of it being a moon?

Than I ask myself, how would they have known in 1350 that the moon was hollow?

Also does anyone know who painted this painting?

Secondly, here is another painting (The Madonna with Saint Giovannino - 15th Century AD). The painting depicts Mary mother of Jesus looking down while in the background you can see a clear picture of what appears to be a UFO flying above while a man on a ledge and stares at the strange flying object in the sky along with his dog. Again, Unknown artist.

whats wierd is the one u call a moon has markings on it, just as you would see markings on any aircraft,not the same marking of course, but an identifier of sorts

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I have concluded that the two UFO's represent the sun and the moon. We can see the sun on the left and the moon on the right. The sun is represented in orange and the moon is represented in silver. The sun represents the father and the moon represents the mother and is displayed above Jesus respectively.

In that case, then why are both the figures inside the objects male and not one female and one male?

Speculating is good, but sometimes, applying too much spiritual meanings into stuff, may just complicate things more than necessary.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I have always liked this one painted in the 16th century,of Jesus holding on to what looks like the Sputnik satellite.

Very strange.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by DukeEligos

Why? Why would the person looking up be the "best" part of a painting created in the 15th Century. A painting that clearly depicts a flying machine.
Not belittling you. I am just curious as to why you would say that.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I have never seen this painting. Do you know who the person opposite Jesus is?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
reply to post by DukeEligos

Why? Why would the person looking up be the "best" part of a painting created in the 15th Century. A painting that clearly depicts a flying machine.
Not belittling you. I am just curious as to why you would say that.

He means that the person clearly looking AT the object, shows that the object is not just some randome "dot" of whatever, but an actual object that have caught the beholders(The man) attention.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Thank you for answering. I also think that the painter wanted to bring focus to the object by depicting a person looking at it. A very strange painting indeed....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In the first picture they are depictions of ANGELS, not ALIENS.

This is found in alot of crucifixion paintings from the era. You can LEARN about this by researching "byzantine religious art crucifixion"

It's not aliens, it's SYMBOLISM.

In the second, it is also an iconic depiction, only this time it is representative of the Holy Spirit.

Do your homework. =D

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
ah idk, how would they know what was in the sky nearly 1400 years later? im sure there were aliens here, and since aliens are angels/demons- demigods if you're hindu i don't see why it's such a far fetched idea.

edit: man baby jesus looks like a ripped bodybuilder in the 2nd picture
edit on 12-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi

I have never seen this painting. Do you know who the person opposite Jesus is?

I think its his Dad.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

This is found in alot of crucifixion paintings from the era. You can LEARN about this by researching "byzantine religious art crucifixion"

In the second, it is also an iconic depiction, only this time it is representative of the Holy Spirit.

Do your homework. =D

That sounds very official, neat, and tidy. An explanation that fits inside the box.

Why is it that angels were depicted inside of an orb or sphere of sorts, with flames or rays shooting out the back?
Especially when wings would have done a much better job of symbolizing an angel. And would have been much more prevalent than orbs or spheres in the time period.

Even in that time, the Holy Spirit was known to be an invisible entity. I could see HS being depicted as a dove, or a bright light of some kind, but the artist was clearly depicting something other than HS. Something that could be seen.

That's not to say they are aliens. Though they might be. I'm just not buying the official line on this.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Who is "Jusus"? Is that the illegitimate son of Jesus?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

Do your homework. =D

That sounds very official, neat, and tidy. An explanation that fits inside the box.

Why is it that angels were depicted inside of an orb or sphere of sorts, with flames or rays shooting out the back?
Especially when wings would have done a much better job of symbolizing an angel. And would have been much more prevalent than orbs or spheres in the time period.

Even in that time, the Holy Spirit was known to be an invisible entity. I could see HS being depicted as a dove, or a bright light of some kind, but the artist was clearly depicting something other than HS. Something that could be seen.

That's not to say they are aliens. Though they might be. I'm just not buying the official line on this.

I gave you some clues, the answers are all there... And while UFO people tend to pick a couple of these images, there are literally hundreds of them with the very same type of "UFOs" in the sky. It is historically documented that they are depictions of ANGELS.

The Holy Spirit was often depicted as a dove, an illuminated cloud, a ball of flames, rays of light, etc.. God is invisible but he has been depicted in physical form by artists, ancient and modern. How do you convey in a painting something invisible if you don't have a symbol for that invisible thing? That's what a SYMBOL is - a tangible depiction of an often intangible idea, thought, or belief.

And the angels in the sun and moon, well.. really, hundreds or thousands of examples in Byzantine art. It would take longer for me to post images to ATS and then to this thread than it would for you to do some simple Googling. I encourage you to do so!

As I said, I've given you clues, you can do a little digging and learn the truth - or you can believe what some random UFO believer on ATS tells you. Happy hunting. =]

I'm not trying to be a turd, but this is really well documented and again, there are hundreds or THOUSANDS of examples.
edit on 12-6-2012 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I believe the child opposite The baby Jesus is Little St. John. The reason for this is that it seems to have been done more than once(ie other paintings) and it is him given credit.

edit on 12-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

In that case, then why are both the figures inside the objects male and not one female and one male?

Speculating is good, but sometimes, applying too much spiritual meanings into stuff, may just complicate things more than necessary.

Yeah I understand but I was just trying to come up with a conclusion that doesnt directly link it with UFO's.

Eg. Symbology such as the sun and the moon

But truth be told, It clearly looks like a craft.

I have always liked this one painted in the 16th century,of Jesus holding on to what looks like the Sputnik satellite.

Jheez!! ive not seen that painting before although that does look identical to the sputnik satellite. It also appears as though both Jesus and God are 'Tweaking' events.

reply to post by biggmoneyme

man baby jesus looks like a ripped bodybuilder in the 2nd picture

He does look a little too ripped for a baby. Maybe it is showing his "superiority"...

reply to post by amongus

Who is "Jusus"? Is that the illegitimate son of Jesus?

Did not notice this haha.. Mods, If you ever read this, can you please change the title so that "Jusus" is spelled "Jesus". Thank you..

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I understand what you're saying. No offense taken, and none meant.

I have actually done a fair amount of reading on this myself. I have read the historical and modern interpretations of some of these works. And I'm not always in disagreement that the answers to some things are just mundane. Others aren't so easy to explain away. Even to the public.

In this case however, I believe what we may be seeing is a lot of esoterica in art. And the time frame fits it. So the official explanation is mundane for the masses. The un-official explanation though, may be something else altogether.

ET craft? Maybe. But not necessarily.

Star for your well reasoned repsonse.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
To the OP, I realize this thread is bringing the attention to UFOs within the paintings of Jesus both the crucifixion and the Madonna and Child. One of the posts brought in the symbology of Angels and the Holy Spirit and because it has been brought up I would like to pose a question. I realize it is a little off topic in that it does not deal with UFOs but more the symbology side of the conversation. I am sorry if this is a frustration.

On a visit to St. Peters Cathedral and the Vatican I saw Michelangelo's Moses. This statue is one of the most famous statues in the world as a depiction of Moses. The issue I have are the obvious horns on Moses's head. In doing research into this I found that it is attributed to a translation error in the commission of the work, as Halo and Horns have the same word. The problem with this, to me, is that Michelangelo should have known which meaning was implied. The second answer I have found is that when Moses stood before God he was transformed/disfigured. This answer as well does not sit right with me. Why would God give one of his contacts who is doing His bidding a disfigurement obviously representative of Evil. Here are some pictures of the statue so you may see for yourself.

Edit to say: It seems that a lot of confusing symbology was placed into Christian art during this time period. Although I am familiar with quite a bit of symbology, there are some that, in their explanation from Christians, don't always add up.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join