It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq and Iran Unite and Conquer the Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Iraq and Iran cuddle up

According to the above link, Iran and Iraq are teaming up to control oil prices in the Middle East in an attempt to dominate the Saudi regime.

Putting two people together who share a common enemy, can never lead to anything positive.

If Tehran asks for Baghdad's help, Iraq will deliver...

Its funny how through unstability and war, two common enemies are slowly uniting. But would the US seriously allow Iraq and Iran to unite over oil, given the vested time and money already put into "securing" Iraq?

If you believe that the Iraq invasion was all over oil, why would the US and Saudi Arabia allow this union to happen?

If you ask me, its just one more straw on the camel's back...and one more excuse for a US invasion of Iran...
edit on 12-6-2012 by DevilJonah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but how can you not like this?

After everything those 2 countries have gone through, they need to start making "local" alliances.

The Saudis need a good slap round the face for being the US puppets, wait untill they're no longer useful and they'll feel the wrath of America just like the rest.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'd have to say alliences WITH the US are completely useless in the long term. When the world is dominated, and there is no one left to fight...what does a country like the US built around warfare do? Create a new enemy? Turn on itself? Its like watching a fat man made out of debbie cakes clean out the fridge, run out of food, and then eat himself...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Oddly, I agree with you 100%.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My question is, will this be enough to give TPTB an extra push to attack? Why would they allow an enemy that they have been very vocal about get into a position to control an oil supply in Iraq, that they invaded just to control themselves?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
And how does this unison affect the current China sanctions over Iran oil? Quite an interesting turn of events indeed.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
America HAS been TPTB we are now separating from it and they are attacking with money.We are MORE than upset at the BS and illegal warfare and as a result of the internet more are learning just how ugly it trully is.Traditional Americans are sickened and we are all fed up.

Iraq is tied up with internal squabling as they determine who gets what oil fields right now according to a PRC I know working there.They haven't got it together to join anything right now.
Iranian leadership is occupied with us because our leaders want to control proliferation of WMDs or at least that is what they are telling commands.
Our generals are still blocking the effort ,but Obama appears to be in lockstep with Bush and Clinton to follow TPTB and the UN seems to want it too.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is a very potent combination in my view. Both Iran and Iraq aren't too fond of the US and Israel. Both have pretty large populations in comparison to other Mid Eastern nations. If they agree on an oil alliance and cement that with a economic/political/military alliance they could become regional superpowers, especially with Russia and China backing Iran. China would only be too happy to supply weapons and buy oil to both fund their expansion and dilute the USAs strength.
Add Syria to the mix and you have a deadly triumviratae capable of facing off against all the regional players except maybe Pakistan and India. Also, Iraq could open military routes from Iran to Syria allowing Ahmadinejad to help Assad remain in power. This could lead to an economic war with the US sanctioning said countries but I highly doubt they will resort to military conflict simply because the USA has lost support for war in the Mid East and is focusing on the rising power of China.

Interesting reading though,

Trajan.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

I semi-agree. I think the war in the Middle East is the war with China...and Russia as well. It really comes down to us fighting each other through Iran. The issue that I see on the horizon is that the primary reason (excuse) for a skirmish with Iran is the nuclear reactors, none of which could be taken out from drone or arial strikes. In order to look as though the nuclear reactors are in fact the reason, the US would have to go in and destroy them via ground strike, which means invasion.

Quote Found Here

Senator Reed: I presume that [a bombing campaign] would not be 100 percent effective in terms of knocking them out. It would probably delay them, but that if they're persistent enough they could at some point succeed. Is that a fair judgment from your position?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJonah

I agree to some extent but the US simply can't afford a ground invasion in their current predicament. Hundreds of thousands of soldiers are suffering from PTSD and simply wouldn't be able for the fanatical and extremist military that Iran has at it's core. Morale is a serious advantage/disadvantage in battle. Look at ww2, the SS had fanaticism and a will to fight to the last which scared the West #less and almost caused the US to join forces with Germany (in an effort to crush the Soviet expansions).
If war was declared tomorrow the US would fall apart due to war fatigue. They could steam roll over Iran and it's armed forces (except a recent US war simulator expected the Us to need atleast 300,000 troops just to hold Iran from launching retaliatory attacks) with superior tech but Iran wouldn't back down and it could call on over 10 million militia men to bring the fight to the USA.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Unless "something" threatens the US people's way of life. Like an attack on US soil. Which would be motivation for the US government to set up FEMA camps at multiple places throughout the US.

Put a cat in the corner and it will lash out.

new topics

top topics

join