It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Youtube: STS-75 'Notched Disk' UFO seen orbiting Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

just to compare

Similar, but not the same all the way. On all the videos I've seen this thing...it is always a triangular cut out. The one from Eric is not. If his theory that it's a reflection from inside the telescope, than it could simply bee a different make and model of telescopes.

But I'm not sure if this thing has anything to do with the camera or the telescope.

There has been attempts to duplicate the effect to explain away all those videos, but...some things are missing for me:

On all the videos, those donut shapped things pulsate and move around...even if the camera is zoomed in and fixed to the position it is filming. In this video, the notch is rotating clearly. How do you achieve the rotating notch with a telescope? I assume to achieve such an effect, one would need to rotate the telescope ? If indeed it is a mirror reflection of the thing he pointed in his pics of the telescope. That part is immovable I suppose?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I red some of the comments on youtube of this video, and one thing does ring as maybe true...when I first looked at it...the moon seemed fake to me. Actually, It could be only a picture of the moon...with tether donut overlayed on it. Somehow, this moon looks suspicious to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
I'd like to show you guys something. But first, I've seen this "UFO" (the doughnut with a notch), many, many, many times.

Where have I seen it? Out at night with my telescope. My Newtonian Reflecting telescope, that has a large primary mirror and small secondary mirror that gathers faint light, and puts it at the eye piece for focus.

Whenever anything that is much closer to the opening of the telescope comes into my FOV while I'm focused on something far away (the moon, a star, a planet, etc), I see a large circular doughnut with a notch.........

Here is why:

In this picture you can see down the opening of my telescope, the primary mirror, the secondary mirror, and the eye piece holder:

Now take a look at this next shot. It's the camera looking through the eyepiece holder, without a eye piece and focused on the mirrors:

Let's make it a bit out of focused. After all I'd be focused on a far object, not the mirrors, right?

Wow, amazing! A notched, doughnut UFO!

Why should this concern you? Well there's a lot of people posting pictures and YouTube videos showing these critters........but all those seem to come from people using telescopes. The OP video shows that clearly. You are not going to get a large image of the moon like that on video without putting your camera through a telescope. Go ahead and try. I have a 210mm zoom lens, and it still won't look that big.

What about all those NASA videos?

Hrmmmmmmmm.......

Most of those videos are not taken with a hand held Sony cam corder, or the like. They are normally cameras that are attached to...........;drum roll:........a telescope! With reflecting mirrors!

What about those solar shots of the sun?

Well let's just take a look at the EIT camera for SOHO shall we?

Oh my, look at that! A primary and secondary mirror!

Makes you wonder what those notched and doughnut shaped UFOs might really be, huh?

MODS can we get this post in a sticky?

along with a same post thats somewhere in ats that explains orbs in photos and other tricks the cameras play on us so we can educate our selves

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I would have no problem with that if you explain why is the notch rotating...is this thing inside the telescope rotating?

edit:

....and pulsating

edit on 13-6-2012 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Oh I have several issues with the video in the OP:

All that shaking......when you do astrophotography, you don't touch the telescope, camera, mount, etc, unless you absolutely have to. It can cause that shaking. This video seems as the creator of it can't keep their hands off of it.

The amount of detail of the moon itself is wrong. At 1:00 to 1:05 the entire scene seems to move away from and close to the camera.......this is not moving the eye piece in and out. If it were, you'd loose focus of the moon. That doesn't happen. It's like people have said, a picture of the moon.

The color...it's wrong. We tend to think of the moon as grey, white and black. But it's not. You zoom in that close to the moon and you'll see color. Take a look at ATS member Silicone Synapses video he did of the moon:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

One could say that the video poster used a grey scale mode, etc....but then the "UFO" has color to it.......

Notice how he's not shaking around everywhere, the color, and two other important things:

1) Motion of the moon.

and

2) Shimmer.

When we zoom in on the moon with a fixed camera through the telescope, the motion of the earth (rotation) is quite visible. The moon will seem to be moving from one side of your view to the other. Here's a video I took with just a video camera (no scope), and you can still see the motion:

"Shimmer":
That shimmering you see in Silicon Synapses video is the atmosphere. When we zoom in on the moon, you'll see that affect. More so on some nights than others. Depends on the "seeing" conditions for the night. It's what makes stars appear to twinkle.

The "Notch" being a rectangle vs. triangle
The shape will depend upon the amount of focus, model of the telescope, distance and size of the object. Google these videos and photos and take a look. You'll see triangles and rectangles.

Placement of the "notch":
Take a look at my first photo in my post. There are many things sticking into the telescope, especially in supporting the secondary mirror. Other telescopes (Schmidt-Cassegrain) have different configurations and mounting techniques.

Strobe light:
If the object is reflecting light that is strobing or has lights itself that are strobing (air craft navigational lights come to mind), then the "UFO" while being out of focus object will still show strobing of that light. What I find really interesting in the video is how there is Red, Green and White tint to it. Aircraft use Red and Green for Port and Starboard indications, and white strobe lights.

The movement of the "notch":

Take a look at the famous STS-75 video. That "notch" pretty much appears in the same place, and the "UFO" is moving sideways? Well, at least compared to the OP video.

The issue I have with the movement in this video, is everything else about it smells like yesterday's rotting fish. We have a YouTube video, not the original video to examine. The creator of that video could have taken a picture of the moon, a video of an out of focus aircraft through a telescope, then made each a layer in the video, with the out of focus object being the layer on top, then "shake" the whole video. Except they forgot the moon looks like in color, has shimmer when zoomed in, and will move in the FOV when zoomed in.

That's the problem. We don't have the original video to look at.

On a side note: Do I debunk all UFO's? No. I do believe there are some things that defy explanations, and should be officially investigated. The problem is when we have videos like the OP's.........it detracts the serious nature of Ufology study.
edit on 13-6-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

I am more on the side that this is faked. The moon is odd to me....I don't know why...just a feeling I have. And this donut shaped thing doesn't look "natural", unlike ones from the tether video.

Still, putting validity of the OP's video aside...I'm still not ready to accept the reflection thing to explain at least the tether video, if not this one. Somehow I don't see this reflection creating multiple donuts, at different sizes and speeds, and directions. I just don't see that happening the way it was explained.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Don't know what to make out of this, where is your skepticism? You must be kidding, or mocking with that video. It is one of those objects from the NASA movies just taken out and added as special effect to the Moon... No, it's not a real ship or light on the Moon

Edit: My assumption was CGI but lens sounds plausible as well, still, don't insult with these videos pls, not everyone is stupid to call this a real spaceship
edit on 13-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Thanks for the post but I am having a hard time with believing J.O. actually believes this has Any merit???
This object was said to have taken off...why is that not included in the video?
My thoughts would have to be we are seeing something with the camera .

edit on 13-6-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

I am more on the side that this is faked. The moon is odd to me....I don't know why...just a feeling I have. And this donut shaped thing doesn't look "natural", unlike ones from the tether video.

Still, putting validity of the OP's video aside...I'm still not ready to accept the reflection thing to explain at least the tether video, if not this one. Somehow I don't see this reflection creating multiple donuts, at different sizes and speeds, and directions. I just don't see that happening the way it was explained.

read through this post and follow the link for explanation of multiple ojects
here>
post by xpoq47

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ah, real quick, because I think You might misunderstand me. Each object that is too close for focus, will look like that, size and closesness will affect how big it appears. It won't cover the whole view through the eyepiece.

But again, no one here has to believe me. Anyone with a reflecting type of telescope can experiment with this and see for themselves.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Could be an asteroid

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Bokeh?

Sorry man. Can't go there. This Bokeh thing is not acceptable. Sometimes peopel really grasp for any explanation. Donuts are not out of focus. They are as clear as the tether. Some of them appear to pass right next to tether...they are as much in focus as the tether. It's not that blurry, it's not bokeh. If it was a blur caused by the...

It looks like a type of bokeh we've seen often enough. Maybe it's caused by a piece of dust inside the lens.

....would it move around? How? You're saying you got dust particles flying around inside the scope? On the lens? Than this would be reproducable anytime you use that scope? Wouldn't have NASA or anybody else shown us how' it's very common to see those shapes flying around since it's dust-bokeh?

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

but doesn't it bother you when you say this, when tether video is obviously not what you're getting....those things are moving...at different speeds, sizes and directions.

Please reproduce movement speeds, multiplicity and different directions. Can you get that with your scope?

thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
Could be an asteroid
Now that would be funny...can some cgi up the old asteroid game and overlay it on the moon? It does look like that....here it is!

asteroids

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

this would be more plausible than bokeh if it not were for the uniform shape of the donut. I find it hard to believe that all asteroids look the same but only differ in size.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

but doesn't it bother you when you say this, when tether video is obviously not what you're getting....those things are moving...at different speeds, sizes and directions.

Please reproduce movement speeds, multiplicity and different directions. Can you get that with your scope?

thanks

The tether video in undebunkable, which is why they have to grasp at straws.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I'm satisfied with the answer. Seems to be a well documented effect. All I can think of for the explanation of what happened in the tether incident is that when stuff is floating around and under those conditions it looks like that. I really don't know how stuff floats around in space and can't tell you much more. my first impression when seeing this for the first time was that it looked just like the dust floating around my room in the sunlight.

There was that really hyped up video where they described gi-normous things moving behind the tether and all these UFO's that were drawn to the tether out of "curiosity" and the NASA coverup and on and on...and I thought maybe there is something to what they are saying.

The question I have now is whoever made that video...Estaban or whoever...did he know about this effect and not describe it? I would be examining the sources of whoever put those thoughts in your head.
edit on 13-6-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

thanks

Have you ever watch a movie or video that shows what different sized ice crystals and particles look like when floating around in a vacuum in zero G?

I can attempt to replicate what you see in that video, but first I'm going to need a night when it's not raining (it's been raining for 4 days now, but the sun is finally out today). I can try using an spray can with light shining on it, but keep in mind that the particles from the spray can are in at atmosphere and NOT in zero G either.

However, as I have stated several times now, anyone can test this that has a telescope that is reflecting. There are many, many members here on ATS that have one. I'm the only one in this thread that has bothered to try and show what this looks like however.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The tether video in undebunkable
Personal beliefs or personal realities are are 100% undebunkable

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

If you are happy...I'm ok with that. I'm just here to express my opinion and debate. I'm not convinced, and dare I say, justly so.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join