It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now They Got My Dreams For Free - Same Dream Last Two Weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
OK, so this isn't a prediction, at least I hope it isn't prediction...but it is a dream.

Recently I have been trying my hand at macro-photography with Nikon D40X. Considering I have no money, I sometimes put my perfectly fitting magnifying glass on the front of the lens to boost my depth of field. I love this kind of photography because it allows me to see detailed layers of reality that I couldn't readily see with my own vision. But, my ways and means are irrelevant to this post.

I also recently started a job at UPS two weeks ago as a package handler. For $8.50 an hour, 5:45 - 10:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, I stack around 900-1200 packages weighing up to 70 lbs. in dusty and hot-as-hell UPS big-rigs, which get transported to other facilities to be put on the smaller trucks you are familiar seeing delivering your packages.

I am recently home from college (another topic all together) and have nothing to do except play with my camera and go to work, with the occasional odd job or side-journey along the way. Nobody I used to know lives here anymore. They have either moved away, or are still in school indefinitely.

The dream.....

So for the last two weeks, all I have been dreaming about is stacking those damn packages, but when I do it, it is like my field of vision is that of my camera. When I stack them, I am getting a macro view of the packages where I see the very material they are made of, exactly like being under the microscope. This is driving me crazy. I love dreaming, but not when I am dreaming about what I do everyday when I am awake.

To quote the movie Waking Life, "It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Seriously? Just sounds like your interests would rather be your job, to me.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

S&F because your post was so well written and descriptive, nice to get to know a bit about the face behind the avatar. On the other hand, get out and make some new friends. Play some softball, read or something. With the bulk of your day involving the packages, you're limiting the imagination, get it a new playground.

new topics

join