It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Santorum concerned Paul will snuff out Romney.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I thought we were done with this guy. Santorum says he is going to Tampa to make sure the Ron Paul delegates dont start a fight. Which means make sure they wont win...........That really burns my arse up.....Santorum is a pretty brave or stupid guy to show up in public period..Santorum is FAT PEICE OF mitt.............I guess sitting around being an idiot all the time makes below the belt pubic fat stick out further that above the belt belly fat,,either way theguy sucks and I hope he gets booed off the stage. Santorum quit and has NO BUSINESS at that convention. A quitter shouldnt have a say..All he is going to do is tell his delegates not to vote Paul and then get booed as usual...Then he will feed the sheep some garbage about obomney needing to beat rombama..

www.capitolcolumn.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by avatard

Santorum is FAT PEICE OF mitt

Solid. Gold.

This is the way politics works, though.. I honestly believe the majority of candidates are moles, playing by the party rules, and their ultimate goal is to move what little support they get to the GOP's golden child, in this case Obamney.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
BYE THE WAY....There is no shortage of articles from credible sources that show all the cheat votes for Romney. Are they going to be able to cheat so bad in the main election ? I dont know, all I know is Romney is not nearly as popular as the illusion created by the media.....Ive never met anyone who likes Romney, I feel like he is an idiot. Anyone can make money if their daddy gives them a few billion,,,anyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Three things stood out to me when I read that article.

“I like the platform that we have right now. I’m concerned that Ron Paul and some of his supporters out there are looking for a platform fight. And I want to make sure that we have strong, principled conservatives there who stood with me in our primary fight to go there and counterbalance the effect of the Paul folks,” said Mr. Santorum on ABC’s This Week.

Still, Mr. Santorum and Mr. Paul’s battle to secure support for their platform could draw a fair amount of attention. Speculation that Mr. Paul could use his delegates to influence the direction of the Republican Party comes just one week after his campaign released an email saying they plan to send upwards of 200 to 500 delegates that could persuade Mr. Romney to change his policy.

“We stand to send nearly 200 bound delegates to the Republican National Convention in Tampa…What’s more, we will send several hundred additional supporters to Tampa who, while bound to Romney, believe in our ideas of liberty, constitutional government, and a common-sense foreign policy. When it is all said and done, we will likely have as many as 500 supporters as delegates on the Convention floor,” wrote Mr. Paul.

I'm glad someone in the GOP has finally admitted that they don't want constitutional government and a common-sense foreign policy to be part of the Republican platform. Incorporating Ron Pauls policies into the Republican platform will force Romney to support those policies.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Maybe not force them to adopt those policies, but it at least would force them to address the short-comings in their own platform policies.
That would be like saying b.o.since he was a dem would adopt their platform policies while in reality he just continued the repub policies and even furthered some of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
I thought we were done with this guy. Santorum says he is going to Tampa to make sure the Ron Paul delegates dont start a fight. Which means make sure they wont win...........That really burns my arse up.....Santorum is a pretty brave or stupid guy to show up in public period..Santorum is FAT PEICE OF mitt.............I guess sitting around being an idiot all the time makes below the belt pubic fat stick out further that above the belt belly fat,,either way theguy sucks and I hope he gets booed off the stage. Santorum quit and has NO BUSINESS at that convention. A quitter shouldnt have a say..All he is going to do is tell his delegates not to vote Paul and then get booed as usual...Then he will feed the sheep some garbage about obomney needing to beat rombama..

www.capitolcolumn.com...

Well then you've just redefined every convention ever held. Of course Santorum is going to Tampa. So is Gingrich. Just like Ron Paul will eventually do, they are going to use the delegates they have to make sure they get speaking slots at the convention. That's how it works.

Honestly, I do admire the vigor of Ron Paul supporters, have any of you paid one bit of attention to any prior national convention? Other candidates (even those that have stopped campaigning) have always spoken that the convention. And, unless he decides to take a third party run at it, Ron Paul will without a doubt encourage his delegates to support Mitt Romney during his speech at the convention.You might not like to hear it, and he might not believe it, but the convention is about bringing the party together.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Where does it go if/when Romabama presumably gets the nomination? Are you guys going to write in Ron Paul? Maybe vote Libertarian? These are things I'm considering, if our votes won't count towards what we want we should at least make a statement I think.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I like Gary Johnson,,,,,,,,but he has less chance than Paul ,,I cant beleive the energy they spent on keeping Paul down.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

The winner at the end of the day, in the general election, is the party that could get their vote flipping software on the most machines.

It will be 51 to 49 Robomna.

The fraud would matter if there was a scenario in which the people could win.
This is probably one of the most dissapointing and blatant election cycles i've seen in my life and it really gets me down that there are people that aren't calling it out for what it is. So much blatant fraud and so obviously two candidate that are exactly the same. Why aren't people flipping out?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

I am hoping, no matter what happens, the liberty movement continues on and Johnson gets the same support and with the same fervor as Paul did this year. Paul support doubled between 08 and this year so I figure by the next election whoever takes this mass of supporters (god forbid it breaks up) will be able to take the office easily.
Hopefully that person will be Johnson.. if not then someone better.

top topics

join