It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. accuses Syria of using children as human shields

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

A U.N. report released Monday includes Syrian government forces and their allied "shabiha" militias for the first time on a list of 52 governments and armed groups that recruit, kill or sexually attack children in armed conflicts.

Meanwhile, to stop the escalating violence there, U.N. envoy Kofi Annan has asked governments with influence to "twist arms" amid few signs that international pressure is having any measurable effect on the fighting.

In Syria, the report said, children as young as 9 years old have been victims of killing and maiming, arbitrary arrest, detention, torture, and sexual violence, and have been used as human shields

U.N. accuses Syria of using children as human shields

This is horrible....if it is true. Unfortunately, this could be propaganda by TPTB, put forth by the MSM to help their cause. Using children as human shields is terrible, and I'm not sure how anybody could do that.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
That's so disgusting I can't even find words for it.

Yet the same people that have a big mouth and point fingers for doing things like this are behind killing innocent children themselves. Sadly the mass media doesn't care.

So yeah, I say, let's go to Syria and show them how democracy is done!

Honestly, I can't believe how twisted everything is nowadays. Truly freaks me out...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It's time for the US to go over there and straighten out the "shabiha" - Use them as human targets. That's how I feel, at least.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, the bbc story about all the children killed by the government recently turned out to be a pic from the IRAQ war..
and
I suppose all the people the US are killing at Pakistani weddings are hiding behind the children there too

Say, reminds one of no wmds in Iraq, Bin laden's "confession" ("I didn't do it " ) in afgahnistan, and the incubater babies in Kuwait ..nuclear bombs in Iran....etc

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

do you know that using propaganda and hoaxs is legal now for american govt and media thanks to NDAA?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chernobyl69
It's time for the US to go over there and straighten out the "shabiha" - Use them as human targets. That's how I feel, at least.

I think people who advocate murder should be the first to go
and without justice its all murder
see ya in the front lines on tv mate

link   
reply to post by chernobyl69

Obama regime just murdered 500 people in Michigan.

link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Unfortunately, this could be propaganda by TPTB, put forth by the MSM to help their cause.

Could be? When have they ever told the truth? More bombs, more deaths, more money to be made.. Economies are crashing, guess it's time for more humanitarian bombings.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The U.S. shouldn't be the World Police. As terrible as the situation might be, the U.S. shouldn't send it's soldiers to fight and possibly die in foreign lands.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It ain't about dying in a foreign land it's about killing and overthrowing those who oppress the innocent.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Who is going to come to the aid of the innocent when they are being opressed in the U.S.?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

obama has passed the NDAA to oppress the american innocents.And there are reports that he killed 500 americans.Obama murdered breitbart too?

How about you overthrow the obama thug regime first

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Who in Syria is using Children as human shields? Surely not the Government, why would they need human shields? We have been told the Government are the aggressors who are slaughtering peaceful, innocent civilians on a daily basis.We know this to be true thanks to the MSM and their totaly reliable sources on the ground like good old 'Syria Danny' with his thick Londoner accent and nightly two bit stage shows for CNN.

Pfft.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Oh yes I believe we should do that, too. Don't misunderstand lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

obama has passed the NDAA to oppress the american innocents.And there are reports that he killed 500 americans.Obama murdered breitbart too?

Yes, I believe we should do that, too. Don't misunderstand lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ok, People can and have been using women & children as shields for centuries, in just about every conflict.

So why all of the sudden bring this up? Could it be to justify the killing of the innocent?

Why not? it's worked before.

Tell the people that we couldn't help but kill the children because they are using them as human shields, taking blame off of themselves and putting it on the "enemy".

Could an incident already have happened where they are trying to justify the actions?

I honestly don't know, but I wouldn't put it past our government to do something like that.
edit on 12-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by tw0330 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

do you know that using propaganda and hoaxs is legal now for american govt and media thanks to NDAA?

Really?
And do you think that other countries are not into this practice?
You gotta be kidding me.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Here you go again with the anti US rhetoric. Where are the reports? What about brietbart ?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

rhetoric? propaganda is now legal in USA for us media and govt.

www.buzzfeed.com...

consortiumnews.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I have heard of North Korea,Sudan having such laws.I guess USA is joining tinpot dictatorships.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join