It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Are Americans secretly racist?

page: 7
8
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019
 


Yep, nothing wrong with hating someone because of their color. GTFOH!




posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot
 


Partly true. If you dislike me because of my skin color, f@%$ you as an individual. If THAT constitutes prejudice....GUILTY.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MI5edtoDeath
 


WTF????



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
I never understood racism. Judge someones character and not their appearance. What the hell is wrong with you people? Of course not everyone's racist, you just want more people in your boat. It's always hilarious how people are passively racist towards black people in my town, when they don't even get to know the person first.

How can you fight your fellow brothers and sisters when were all getting #ed in the ass by the big red white and blue dick? Well, that's how you rule an empire, keep the people divided. Some of the posts here explain it perfectly.
Tell it Kang. Some of these posts are insane.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I am not secretly racist. I am openly racist....to an extent.

Most wont admit it but I think most people are. I try to treat everybody equally till given a reason not to but growing up where I have I have seen the worst of many races.

Where I grew up in Michigan the population was about 80% black and I dealt with racism every day because I was white. I was in street fights on average about 3 times a week. Usually 3-4 on one (me).
I gotta say though it taught me to fight better than average.

that's not to say I haven't known and had black friends who were nice people.

I live in Arizona now and find that 95% of the Mexican people who use my city park are absolute slobs and make a HUGE mess and expect other people to clean up after them. Maybe it's a culture thing? Or they just like this white boy cleaning up after them. I mean after a birthday party they smear cake on all the tables and walls and I have to power wash the entire building....EVERY TIME !!

Met some cool native Americans in my life but most who live on the reservations care not at all about their housing and have a huge entitlement attitude (not saying they didn't get screwed, they did)
They just have no pride in ownership of anything. Not all but most.

If I am walking down the street and a group of black men or Mexican men are coming my way I go on high alert and make sure my sidearm is accessible. Is that racist because I have been jumped by both groups in the past and beat 1/2 to death?

You call it racist probably but I call it cautious.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by poloblack
There are a lot of posters on this thread that I thought were different, really. But in the race threads, they show their hand. Some of these guys talk about we're all Americans, but when something like this comes up, you get to see who they DON'T consider American. It's a damn shame. From my grandfathers down, we served this country but to some...ya just aint American.


Pointing out the obvious racism is not anti-American. Quite the opposite.

We could play the "I have more black friends than you do" game.


Sure, I'm racist, and my black friends are racist also. And, we can talk about it openly, and we can benefit from the differences in each other's cultures. If we tried to pretend we were not racist, or that we were not different, then we would run into all kinds of misunderstandings and we probably wouldn't stay friends.

We are different. We look different, we are raised different, we have different goals and expectations in life, and we have different histories and life experiences. If we pretend we are the same, then we are really doing more harm than good.

NOBODY is colorblind to race. If you try to pretend you are not white, or that someone else is not black, then you are missing a big chunk of information and looking at the world from a very limited and dangerous paradigm.

Admit, and EMBRACE the differences, and be honest about the parts you do or don't like. There are plenty of things about me that are probably easy to dislike. That's fine, I'm not sensitive to it, my friends just lay it on the line, and we have better relationships for it.
How the hell can you be racist against your black friend and vice versa, yet you're friends?? LMFAO. Friends??? YEAH RIGHT.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
I am not secretly racist. I am openly racist....to an extent.

Most wont admit it but I think most people are. I try to treat everybody equally till given a reason not to but growing up where I have I have seen the worst of many races.

Where I grew up in Michigan the population was about 80% black and I dealt with racism every day because I was white. I was in street fights on average about 3 times a week. Usually 3-4 on one (me).
I gotta say though it taught me to fight better than average.

that's not to say I haven't known and had black friends who were nice people.

I live in Arizona now and find that 95% of the Mexican people who use my city park are absolute slobs and make a HUGE mess and expect other people to clean up after them. Maybe it's a culture thing? Or they just like this white boy cleaning up after them. I mean after a birthday party they smear cake on all the tables and walls and I have to power wash the entire building....EVERY TIME !!

Met some cool native Americans in my life but most who live on the reservations care not at all about their housing and have a huge entitlement attitude (not saying they didn't get screwed, they did)
They just have no pride in ownership of anything. Not all but most.

If I am walking down the street and a group of black men or Mexican men are coming my way I go on high alert and make sure my sidearm is accessible. Is that racist because I have been jumped by both groups in the past and beat 1/2 to death?

You call it racist probably but I call it cautious.
Let me explain something...there's a difference between being racist and PREJUDICED....look it up. You can't be racist when your demographic is the minority...that's called being prejudiced. Racism is when your demographic is the MAJORITY, and you can manipulate events to be unfavorable to the said minority or MINORITIES. Blacks don't run JACK. Black people don't have the power to be racist, but they can be prejudiced. It is what it is.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack
 



How the hell can you be racist against your black friend and vice versa, yet you're friends?? LMFAO. Friends??? YEAH RIGHT.


Actually there are a lot more than one black friend. I have about 3 or 4 close white friends (including my brother), and I have 3 or 4 close black friends, but here where I live right now I have 10 or 20 black acquaintances and not really any white acquaintances. This town is majority black though, and my work place is majority black, so it stands to reason I would have more acquaintances black than white. Back in my home town all my friends and acquaintances are white except for maybe 1 or 2 from way, way back.

As for how friends can be racist against each other.... I'll just pick one friend and rant a little... I hate all of his black problems, and he doesn't understand any of my white problems. He's always late, he never gets to the right place at the right time, he constantly gets in trouble at work or gets fired, he always has some chick claiming to be pregnant, he loves fat woman, he spends his money on music and DJ equipment but his car is falling apart (except for the stereo), and I have to constantly fix it for him, etc., etc.

He hates to hear me bitching about bills, or mortgages, he doesn't understand why I'm always working on my house instead of just enjoying what I've already already got.

I don't understand how a guy with absolutely no bills can be broke all the time, and he doesn't understand how a family making close to six figures can be broke all the time.

I probably wouldn't know anybody in jail if it weren't for friends of my black friends, and he surely wouldn't know anybody from Missouri, or anything about all-white schools and clubs if it weren't for him.

I didn't know that a "beaver" is the same thing as a "monkey" and neither did he, LOL! And along those same lines, it took my wife 4 or 5 times before she got the nerve to ask why he always wants to "stack cheese."


I think black women are more subservient to their men than white women, but he thinks exactly the opposite, and we can both back up our arguments, so apparently we are both right... or wrong. Actually, I think black woman probably cater to their white men but are mean to black men, and I think maybe white women cater to their black men, but take their white men for granted.

I don't know why the black folks I hang around have to be so loud, and so dramatic, I can only take it in limited doses, and I'll never rent a movie for a cozy double date with a black couple again, because they talk through the whole damn thing and I actually wanted to watch it.

There are plenty of things we dislike about each other's races/cultures or whatever, but we can still appreciate and care about each other very much.

Recognize and Embrace the differences, don't pretend they're not there.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by poloblack
 



How the hell can you be racist against your black friend and vice versa, yet you're friends?? LMFAO. Friends??? YEAH RIGHT.


Actually there are a lot more than one black friend. I have about 3 or 4 close white friends (including my brother), and I have 3 or 4 close black friends, but here where I live right now I have 10 or 20 black acquaintances and not really any white acquaintances. This town is majority black though, and my work place is majority black, so it stands to reason I would have more acquaintances black than white. Back in my home town all my friends and acquaintances are white except for maybe 1 or 2 from way, way back.

As for how friends can be racist against each other.... I'll just pick one friend and rant a little... I hate all of his black problems, and he doesn't understand any of my white problems. He's always late, he never gets to the right place at the right time, he constantly gets in trouble at work or gets fired, he always has some chick claiming to be pregnant, he loves fat woman, he spends his money on music and DJ equipment but his car is falling apart (except for the stereo), and I have to constantly fix it for him, etc., etc.

He hates to hear me bitching about bills, or mortgages, he doesn't understand why I'm always working on my house instead of just enjoying what I've already already got.

I don't understand how a guy with absolutely no bills can be broke all the time, and he doesn't understand how a family making close to six figures can be broke all the time.

I probably wouldn't know anybody in jail if it weren't for friends of my black friends, and he surely wouldn't know anybody from Missouri, or anything about all-white schools and clubs if it weren't for him.

I didn't know that a "beaver" is the same thing as a "monkey" and neither did he, LOL! And along those same lines, it took my wife 4 or 5 times before she got the nerve to ask why he always wants to "stack cheese."


I think black women are more subservient to their men than white women, but he thinks exactly the opposite, and we can both back up our arguments, so apparently we are both right... or wrong. Actually, I think black woman probably cater to their white men but are mean to black men, and I think maybe white women cater to their black men, but take their white men for granted.

I don't know why the black folks I hang around have to be so loud, and so dramatic, I can only take it in limited doses, and I'll never rent a movie for a cozy double date with a black couple again, because they talk through the whole damn thing and I actually wanted to watch it.

There are plenty of things we dislike about each other's races/cultures or whatever, but we can still appreciate and care about each other very much.

Recognize and Embrace the differences, don't pretend they're not there.
I feel ya on that Getready.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by poloblack
 



How the hell can you be racist against your black friend and vice versa, yet you're friends?? LMFAO. Friends??? YEAH RIGHT.


Actually there are a lot more than one black friend. I have about 3 or 4 close white friends (including my brother), and I have 3 or 4 close black friends, but here where I live right now I have 10 or 20 black acquaintances and not really any white acquaintances. This town is majority black though, and my work place is majority black, so it stands to reason I would have more acquaintances black than white. Back in my home town all my friends and acquaintances are white except for maybe 1 or 2 from way, way back.

As for how friends can be racist against each other.... I'll just pick one friend and rant a little... I hate all of his black problems, and he doesn't understand any of my white problems. He's always late, he never gets to the right place at the right time, he constantly gets in trouble at work or gets fired, he always has some chick claiming to be pregnant, he loves fat woman, he spends his money on music and DJ equipment but his car is falling apart (except for the stereo), and I have to constantly fix it for him, etc., etc.

He hates to hear me bitching about bills, or mortgages, he doesn't understand why I'm always working on my house instead of just enjoying what I've already already got.

I don't understand how a guy with absolutely no bills can be broke all the time, and he doesn't understand how a family making close to six figures can be broke all the time.

I probably wouldn't know anybody in jail if it weren't for friends of my black friends, and he surely wouldn't know anybody from Missouri, or anything about all-white schools and clubs if it weren't for him.

I didn't know that a "beaver" is the same thing as a "monkey" and neither did he, LOL! And along those same lines, it took my wife 4 or 5 times before she got the nerve to ask why he always wants to "stack cheese."


I think black women are more subservient to their men than white women, but he thinks exactly the opposite, and we can both back up our arguments, so apparently we are both right... or wrong. Actually, I think black woman probably cater to their white men but are mean to black men, and I think maybe white women cater to their black men, but take their white men for granted.

I don't know why the black folks I hang around have to be so loud, and so dramatic, I can only take it in limited doses, and I'll never rent a movie for a cozy double date with a black couple again, because they talk through the whole damn thing and I actually wanted to watch it.

There are plenty of things we dislike about each other's races/cultures or whatever, but we can still appreciate and care about each other very much.

Recognize and Embrace the differences, don't pretend they're not there.
Gotta disagree here though...I've had girlfriends of damn near every color on the spectrum, and I must say, black chicks are not subservient.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack
 



Recognize and Embrace the differences, don't pretend they're not there.

Gotta disagree here though...I've had girlfriends of damn near every color on the spectrum, and I must say, black chicks are not subservient.




Ya, not too many people agree with me on that one, LOL! They are loud and aggressive, but when you put your foot down, they seem to respect and maybe even appreciate it. White women just get even more loud. It seems like white women just love pushing hot buttons and pushing their men way over the edge, but perhaps I've just had a couple of anomalies, LOL!



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by poloblack
 



Recognize and Embrace the differences, don't pretend they're not there.

Gotta disagree here though...I've had girlfriends of damn near every color on the spectrum, and I must say, black chicks are not subservient.




Ya, not too many people agree with me on that one, LOL! They are loud and aggressive, but when you put your foot down, they seem to respect and maybe even appreciate it. White women just get even more loud. It seems like white women just love pushing hot buttons and pushing their men way over the edge, but perhaps I've just had a couple of anomalies, LOL!

LOL! You aint lying about that bro.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If you are republican...then yes.

Not all Americans are racist...just like not all Brits are. Seen a lot of threads where the some Brits come on and declare their country is being taken over by Muslims...do these idiots hold the major view of Brits...I have no clue...but they definitely do no speak for the entire population over there.


A lot of racists on this forum...love to declare they are not but will always have access to articles on how the blacks and other minorities are the boogeyman...


Here is how you know you are about to read an ignorant post...."I am not racist...but..." or " I have black/minority friends..but" and conservatives love their polls and stats to show how minorities are the major cause of crime and such...



edit on 12-6-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko
 


Go back and see This post.

Is it more racist to actively keep the minorities down for your own gain, or actively convince the minorities they are inferior and can only succeed with handouts and special considerations? Don't answer that it's a trick, we are ALL RACIST. The Republicans are no worse than the Dems.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


It is stupid to give people better jobs or to put them first in line because of their race/religion/sex or whatever.

People should be hired or accepted into school based on their qualifications.

These programs do the opposite of help minorities...they create hate and entitlement.


Hate by some whites who feel they are being looked past..even though qualified..goes the less qualified because there is a quota needed to be filled...which I have to honestly say most likely is happening..and entitlement by some minorities who feel they do not have to earn what they get because it should be given to them because of past wrongs.


edit on 12-6-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Is it possible that every single, healthy, sane person on the planetis racist to some extent.

Some individulas or groups may focus on their inherent racism, allowing their actions and words power to dictate how aggressively racist they are.

Others may ignore racist thoughts they have or they dismiss them as non issues. It may also depend on the background of their cultural upbringing. Those taught to display racism usually do and those who are taught otherwise usually remain respectful.

It is also possible that being racist is not a choice at all, but rather an instinct given to us by Mother Nature.

Racism may have been a mechanism engrained into one's psyche for the sole purpose of insuring their race will, in some cases, remain a top the food chain and in other cases it may be used to help climb the ladder of races to become a more dominant group of the human species. It could also serve as a way to avoid the complete extinction of a particular race...

Racism could end if evolution becomes aware that the instinct of racism is no longer a viable tool in the promotion of individual races. It may identify the most efficient way to ensure the domination of the human species is by having all races identified as equal parts that make up the human species as a whole.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   


OF COURSE we are racist! We have to be. There are exceptions, but in general we are more comfortable around things we understand. Kids from the projects don't understand people in the Hamptons, and kids from the suburbs don't understand the gang culture, and so on and so on. SO, when we encounter something we don't fully understand, we put our guard up. It is perfectly natural. We are genetically and socially engineered to be racist as part of our survival instincts. NOW, we are also intelligent, and we can overlook our first impressions and we can judge people as individuals.....
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


I agree racism is largely instinctual....it is fear of the unknown.

We humans have survived thus far largely by following our instincts; avoiding that which we know will
hurt us, like spiders, and snakes, and other predators.

I argue that the test of any species, on any planet, in any place in the universe, is to overcome
natural instinct, and slowly replace it with intellect.

I'll wager that if there are any other advanced forms of life in the universe, they have a scale on which
to rate emerging civilizations on young planets.

And somewhere in that scale will be a transitory period of development where a civilization begins
move from an instinctually driven species, to an intellectually, and compassionately driven one....

I wonder where we are at?


edit on 12-6-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sure we're all racist to a certain degree. We tend to feel comfort being around our own. Nothing wrong with that despite what the tv and hipsters want us to feel.

At the end of the day, if there's a crisis at hand, we forget race and help each other.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Skin color doesn't mean a thing it's all about how you handle people. I'm no racist, I think it's a waste of time and energy. Anyone of any color or creed can be good or bad that's where the focus should be. In closing no one needs some ivy league professor to tell them what they think.



posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Everyone has there moments, some people hate without any reason. Others just when people are mean or irritate them.



new topics




 
8
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join