It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans secretly racist?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

This garbage really ticks me off.

Yahoo recently ran an article suggesting that based on polls, numbers and analysis, Americans may secretly be racist.

Like other countries aren't racist? It's just the US? And just because you don't like the job obamas doing that makes you racist?
When are people going to wake up to this garbage? The race card is too worn out for I hope most if not all people to fall for.
I mean, that's the best the obama press can come up with is, you're racist if we don't vote for "the black" man? So just because he's running my country into the ground I have to vote for him to prove I'm not racist? No, I'll wear the racist tag proudly thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Bottom line is that I judge people on their actions and in some cases on their appearance. If people choose to act stupid and dress stupid then thats their choice and they know damn well what people think of them. If they chose that then so be it but I shouldnt be called racist. We have gas stations here that in the last couple of years put in handicapped spaces right by the front doors where the use to be further down the sidewalk and 9 times out of 10 some dude that thinks he is gangsta will park in one of those spots, crank up his base and go in the store. Should I just think this is ok? Or is it ok that I think he is a piece of crap and needs to follow the same rules as the rest of us? There is a large segment of the minority population that acts this way and feels entitled and has that "What are you going to do about it, I dare you to say something" attitude. This is a small example but this is where the problem is at. People like that ruin it for those who do park in the right place and act polite and dont have a chip on their shoulder. But why should I be called a racist because I think that guy is a piece of # for acting this way? Or that I assumed automatically that he was a waste of space on this planet? By his own actions he caused me to think this way. If duded parked where he was suppose to, didnt crank the radio right before he got out of his car and maybe held the door for the person behind him or acted polite I would not have judged him so quickly. This kind of thing happens a lot and you cant argue that it doesnt. But why am I racist for thinking that no one is entitled to special treatment or that no group should be allowed to just do whatever they want and cry racism if someone says something about it?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
I totally disagree,

I am color blind when it comes to race. In fact, there are a lot of people like this. To me, The only racists, are the people who inject race into an argument and come out with phony race baiting polls like so.

I hope you are joking?

NOBODY IS COLOR BLIND to race. That is the most stereotypical PC bullshyte that ever gets repeated.

So, if you are walking out to your car late one night, and a middle-aged white guy, and a middle-aged black guy are standing near the two paths you have to choose between, and they are dressed pretty much the same, and you have to make a choice, and all other things are equal, you are not going to choose the path with the white guy? Even black folks will choose the path with the white guy! Prisons are not full of white guys. Life experience, statistics, and your natural instincts will all tell you to pick the path with the white guy, and if you don't then you are just playing up to some PC crap and putting yourself at extra risk for no reason.

what? Now this example is nonsense. I'm not remotely PC in the slightest and i wouldn't choose the white guy over the black guy or vice versa. If i was concerned for my well being id observe both gentleman's body language before going down which path and i more importantly wouldnt drop my guard around any stranger late at night.

edit on 12-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by paganini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I don't think people fully understand what racism is...

Racism is nothing more than a skinny man calling a fat man ..a fat bastard

When it come to two people of colour the most insulting thing to say would be to call them a N**#

So when will we be able to stop people insulting each other?

We are all different,

I wonder, when ET lands will all this stop cursing at each other and instead direct insults at them, ...you little green bastards, maybe the Galactic federation will label earth a bunch of racist, species-ist even?, thats specieism that is, you can't say that

Also Ginger people get far more insults thrown at them than anyone from all races you don't see them crying about it, but its ok there is not a problem with that, its "race" people are concerned about, you can insult anybody you like just maker sure races don't insult each other

Its pathetic really, its something we all do, there is no difference between insulting someone than being racist, you're simply have a dig back,

Its when you join groups and take it to a whole new level that it becomes a problem, when you actually want to hurt people because they're different, we all know how the fat kid got bullied in school, again its no different and the same can be said the world over so...

WE ALL HAVE RACISM IN US... there is no point denying it, and there is no point branding Americans racist because we all are its apart of who we are,

Of course some people rise above insulting people, or differences and don't feel the need to hurt people in these ways, so at least were learning,

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You hypothetical scenario is a bit outlandish. Haven't you ever heard of the saying judge a person not by their color, but by there character.

I still thik this 'poll' is just another card in the "Divide and conquer" game.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

Hogwash.Everyone isn't racist. I'm Black and part Cherokee, and my little girl is half White. Your logic is flawed at best. That's like me being racist against all White people because of slavery, which is preposterous. As preposterous as you hating a whole race because of one or a few of that race wronging you.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Well, that's too bad, isn't it, because that's the way it works with me.

Where I've been I've seen unbelievable ugliness and violence done by one race.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Color blind? No. I'm not. Do I care? Not in the slightest.

...and I find that I get very angry when people attempt to tell me I am racist. Either covertly, or overtly.

To be a racist, you allow the race of a person to influence your attitude towards that person. I do not, nor have I ever. Were I to do so, my mother who taught me to judge people by their character, would come back and beat me over the head.

I learned that lesson as a child, and it's held true for my entire life.

Do I notice? Of course, I'm not quite blind. But I flat don't give a rip.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Everyone has Ego therefore everyone is racist (to some degree, inwardly or outwardly.)

Ego (identity with form) can be diminished by awareness but most people lack this. Those that are aware are not 100% fully at all times because we are human and by out conditioning we can slip just like anybody else and be racist.

I am racist at times especially with stereotypes, though I purposely try not to be.

Until we transcend Ego's grip on our lives collectively and stop comparing, and identifying ourselves as different from one another (as we are all One in reality), then racism will persist.

For now those that want to do their part can observe their thoughts and be aware of them as they happen, and curtail the emotions and separation illusion that Ego creates, thus diminish racism.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustingfatbody

It's not too bad for me bro. I have better things to do with my life than to hate a race of people. You do, so that's your problem. You seem like a very pleasant guy. Not.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

so it's a culture thing. if the black people in the park were named the huxtables and clare was making potato salad and theo was playing horseshoes, you and your family wouldn't be intimidated.

thanks for making me understand american racism.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You've made judgments and assumptions about me. You little racist you.

You have no idea who I am.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody

You've made judgments and assumptions about me. You little racist you.

You have no idea who I am.

Dad? Is that you?

edit on 12-6-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i think it's all a matter of diluting what we where taught and every new generation becomes more and more tolerant.. hate is something we're taught as we all know so it's up to every new generation to teach tolerance and for the african american community it'll definitely be harder but you can teach tolerance through their burden and struggles, in fact, their teaching would be more effective because to show tolerance from personal adversity is way more effective and an example not just words. there's people in every race that makes you wonder just how late they mean by "late term abortion" but to hate merely because you just don't know anything about a race is just dumb. if people in the u.s. south where taught the truth about afrcian history, alone, would have made a huge impact in the way the world is today and that's just one example. americans aren't secretly racist all you have to day is watch a single news airing and you'll see there's nothing secret about it.. it's very blatant and obvious. it's not one sided tho everyone hates everyone else so it's up to us to change.

for anyone who feels we're born with hate and not something we're taught you've definitely not been around children. we've come a very long way but there's still parts of the world that you'd swear has not changed a bit since the 50's so there's still a lot of work to do.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by disgustingfatbody

Well, that's too bad, isn't it, because that's the way it works with me.

Where I've been I've seen unbelievable ugliness and violence done by one race.

So why not blame the specific people who did this. Why precisely is that such a hard concept to grasp? After all where does it end? A few women wrong you, You're going to dislike women?, you have unpleasant interactions with new yorkers youre going to hate New Yorkers? A short person causes problems in your life youre going to dislike the vertically challenged?

To make it simple this attitude is all so very....emo.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I'm black,and I didn't and will never vote for O...sooo, what does that make me? He's done a crappy job IMO, so get over the myth that all of us drink the O kool aid.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Well said Pag!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by paganini

Who are you to tell me what to think or feel?

I'm a racist but I treat everyone equally.

Why?

Because I recognize my racism is a character fault and I correct it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No they are openly racist.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Having been to Cancun during spring break (I didn't know it was spring break when I booked) I can honestly say that I saw some of the very worst racism that I have experienced in my entire life. The American kids (especially the muscle-bound morons who looked like they were on roids) were so rude and unkind to the locals (mostly because of their English language skills which were generally better than those I've encountered in some parts of Europe) I actually had to step between one of those youths and a towel bloke because I thought the moron was going to beat the poor soul.

So are Americans raciest? Yes I think so, but only it seems, when they are abroad because I spent 6 months studying in Vegas and the folks I met there were good people.

At least you guys don't live near Ilford in Essex. Down there most of the ethnic races have at one point been quoted as saying "Only white people can be raciest" and that kind of stupidity is something no one should have to live amongst.

Rev

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join