It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow. I finally get it! The Enlightenment.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Let me just say,

"If you meet the Buddha on the road, Kill it."

If you know what this means, then you know what I mean.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is a view I like to think about often. I hold an apple. To some the value of this apple is around one dollar. Now, what do you think the value of this apple would be to a starving person. Three to five days without food and this apple may seem priceless. I could say the same about a glass of water. Three to five days without it and I am sure someone would pay a hefty price for it. The key to all of this is to enjoy these things as if you were starving and as if you were dying of thirst. Then my friends these so called "small things" seem so much bigger.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The most adult comment about it is "stop and smell the roses". Often from the more simple people, I hear about the joys of being alive. Often this song is pointed out:

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The first philosophy I was following was "unconditional love" and when I thought about what that mean, I understood it as spreading the joy to myself and others, wanting to see others as happy and smiling...

The things that we do in life is motivated by interest (unless of course we feel like we are being 'forced'). Children and Animals are intuitively trying to have fun with their lives, unfortunately, with adults, they get more serious. They laugh less and play less, and yet, these are the qualities of the "child-like" state that many spiritual people talk about. So many people are so "serious" about their spirituality, that they may spend years trying to get to a deep, secret truth, or trying to get to a higher "level", instead of looking "inward" and remember their child-like playful nature...

Life is a game, and all of the people you interact with, friends, family, and so-called 'enemies' are all playing roles in this game. There are also those who are using 'cheat-codes' so to speak, so that they won't have to play fair. We are all doing it for 'fun'. This is why when people finally die and see 'The Light' it is so playful with them, and some people even laugh themselves into the afterlife after realizing how 'serious' they were taking it all.

So the purpose of life is 'fun'. When you are having fun, especially, with others, you are all playing together through your interactions in this game called life. Fun is your child-like nature that you forgotten when you were forced into the 'matrix' so-to-speak.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are correct sir. You are also wise and speak the truth. Animals showed me what unconditional love is, and I find it very difficult to find it's equal in humans.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

So the purpose of life is 'fun'. When you are having fun, especially, with others, you are all playing together through your interactions in this game called life. Fun is your child-like nature that you forgotten when you were forced into the 'matrix' so-to-speak.

Nice observation. enjoyment=positive energy/vibrations generated and shared with others.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This is just the first step of more to come..I have gone through something like this it truly is a wonderful feeling being self aware hard to explain .....overall I'm a Mich better person now in every way

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Cool, I'm glad you've had a major revelation but I would hold back on thinking you've got it ALL figured out, nobody has it all figured out. I'm not trying to take anything away from your experience but if that's how you feel than you still have a long way to go. There is no ending, its constant life long work, the more you peel back, the more you will find! But it is awesome because you've broken though a big layer, most people live their whole lives and never do that....congrats!!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I can get behind a doctrine such as this—at least within the relative comfort of a 1st world society, where idleness, boredom and laziness reign; or where we have at least the time and the means for idle happiness. But is this aim for happiness a spit in the face to everyone else who cannot afford it? Is happiness only reserved for the societies who exploit the resources, working people and sovereignty of the nations that support its wealth? I'm not quite sure.

I assume for some, if not most, life isn't fun and games but a day to day struggle to stay alive and to find any happiness where there is hardly any available. But since we here in the West have comfort, idle time and full bellies, I think we can afford to at least attempt happiness and child-like play in our day to day.

(Disclaimer: I know this is a negative view of the pursuit of happiness, and I understand most who view these issues as such are prone to being tarred and feathered in these boards, but I think such view is necessary to at least fully understand what we are talking about. I'm not being doubtful, but serious.)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hahaha....

Something tells me that a truly enlightened person will not be on ATS discussing it...

...just so much mental masturbation.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Or it means that enlightenment isn't something that you can attain 24/7. Which is a far more practical look at it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The first philosophy I was following was "unconditional love" and when I thought about what that mean, I understood it as spreading the joy to myself and others, wanting to see others as happy and smiling...

The things that we do in life is motivated by interest (unless of course we feel like we are being 'forced'). Children and Animals are intuitively trying to have fun with their lives, unfortunately, with adults, they get more serious. They laugh less and play less, and yet, these are the qualities of the "child-like" state that many spiritual people talk about. So many people are so "serious" about their spirituality, that they may spend years trying to get to a deep, secret truth, or trying to get to a higher "level", instead of looking "inward" and remember their child-like playful nature...

Life is a game, and all of the people you interact with, friends, family, and so-called 'enemies' are all playing roles in this game. There are also those who are using 'cheat-codes' so to speak, so that they won't have to play fair. We are all doing it for 'fun'. This is why when people finally die and see 'The Light' it is so playful with them, and some people even laugh themselves into the afterlife after realizing how 'serious' they were taking it all.

I often have thought of this... That we really exsist elsewhere and aren't really from "planet earth" . That for lack of a better term, "Spiritual Self" has exsisted and we've done everything to come to light in the universe. Now, we all created earth to take part in this game. For "Fun" we've sent ourselves, or spirits down to earth in form of a human when born, to forget all that we are just to play the "Game of Life" and see how we turned it out. I think that a human lifetime is a small amount of time in our "Spiritual Life", that we've taken a joke to this life here on earth so we have created this world just for Fun, then in the end when our human body dies, we "See the Light" into our Spiritual World again and we move to that place again to "wake up" and laugh about how we messed things up here or how we accomplished things or what stupid messed up things we got involved in, all to better understand our Spiritual Being.

One day when your all dead and gone, you'll look back at this life and laugh too and know how stupid it was to get all upset over the hardships of life. We are choosing our destiny right at this moment. Every step we take, every thought, every event is taking place because you somehow are making it all happen. If there is a better road to take, then do it, if there are days you can't seem to make it, think of the game and win this damn thing...because when we all wake up it's going to be so freaking funny how serious we all took our lives, how serious we took religions, how dramatic we made our lives to be. We created God, we created religions, we created wars, we created Happiness too !!! \

So, Don't Worry... Be Happy !!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I enjoyed reading your post. I get that whole laughing at the universe thing and I agree - you see how easy and simple it all is when you have that aha moment...just wait till you realize everything is exactly how it's supposed to be (if you haven't already!).....good/bad, happy/sad, white/black, light/dark are just labels and attachments and where you came from (i.e. your up bringing) is why you see things how you do.....Beyond duality these words no longer exist...you just are - nothing more nothing less - we are all one - just playing our role we chose to play here on earth....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I get it and like it but...A child in Africa, hell even in America born in to poverty and a harsh life is to think that life is but a game to be played? Perhaps you have never been poor (to the point where you seriously don't know if you get another meal), and your ideas of a game (other than one of survival) vanish.

Perhaps these are the more hardy of our species and take on a serious challenge in the game? Or perhaps living in luxury we see the mundane and wish to play but do not see the struggle for life...
edit on 12-6-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
deleted.
edit on 12-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Enlightenment brings a kind of eternal bliss. Its amazing. I used to have to drink to feel this way....

I do look at the sky and laugh. In the daytime, About all the stupidity of religion. My god is better than your god and all that crap. Ugh! At night its because i realize just how truly tiny we are. Most stars in the sky have systems similar to our own. But if they look up at us.....were just a tiny little dot....

Sometimes i look up at the night sky and wonder if my family is looking back at me.....wish i could go visit them.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
deleted because.
edit on 12-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No one that currently walks this earth is TRUELY enlightened. Sorry man. I know the answer that so many of us seek. I can guarantee you, i am very far from it.

You are righ that it is so elementary that a child is closer to enlightenment than any of us are, but the only way that we can truely become enlightened is to just let your life take its course and touch upon it when you are truely happy.

Actually, for quite some time ive believed myself to be enlightened. Only to be disappointed when i found that i was led astray by some demonic entity... I for one also happened to feel very relieved to understand that i was not, because afterwards i felt as though my life was at an end and there was no purpose to be here anymore.

After coming out of the psych ward at the nearby hospital, I the n found out it was all a ruse to lead me down the wrong path with the wrong people. Ive since then, changed that and i can now run my course again to reach the lighted path of virtue and true happiness...

Not for nothing, but i have a question for you arpgme.

When you finally reach what you believe to be TRUE enlightenment, what ewill you do with this knowledge and Self realization?? What is it you seek to gain by going down this path before you? will you help others to gain the knowledge that you've attained, or will you employ your knowledge to maintain a materialistic upperhand upon the current society?? Just Wondering to be honest.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

couldn't have said it better my friend. I mean i don't like to bag on religion but IMO i is just a product of evolution

and too many people forget just that. I do believe there is a God, but he/she never intended for this to happen to his children.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Of course the answer lies within, i agree. With meditation i lie flat on my back, play theta waves on headphones, relax and fall into deep meditation. I find my spiritual side to be as close to The Creator as i have never experienced.

I used to look up, say my prayer and sometimes i felt "good". Now i feel more enlightened everyday.

Naturally i still stumble at times when falling into my meditation/prayer, but it is usually gone within a couple of minutes.

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." Matthew: 6-6
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added link

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join