It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manufacturing your own Alter Ego.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong place then please move it i was,nt sure where it should go.

Often when you try to work out if something is possible. You start from a position of, putting yourself in a situation or scenario.

I wonder how easy it would be to manufacture a completely new person or alter Ego these days with the power of the web and social networking.

Maybe building yourself up to be something your not via Facebook and then launching a web media campaign that backs up your outrageouse claims. Stuff like that.

Is their anyone on here thats tryed doing this and how did you go about it?
I think it would be kind of exciting to lead another life, as long as you dont seek to harm anyone in the proccess.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It is actually easier to do this via social networking and the internet then it is in real life.

For instance, I have three Facebook accounts. Totally against the TOS of Facebook, but I don't care. Nor do I care. I don't care either. I consider Facebook to be a separate entity from real life anyway so it makes it quite easy for me to feel more "free" to use it how I wish. Two of the profiles are under pseudonyms. The one I use to "friend" people has no connection to me in name or email address, and no photos of me posted or tagged. The one I would show employers (if I ever had to) has a picture of me and only one friend: one of my pseudonym accounts.

During the times I had absolutely nothing to do, I've seeded social media profiles across the internet. Just make sure they;re different emails, only access them from separate comps or I.P. addresses and the connection won't ever be made.

Hopefully you'll do something more worthwhile than just "be bored on the internet" like I was when I did this.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
many people were already doing this before the era of social networking.

and social networking sites like Facebook don't make it easier...you have to remember all those passwords. most of the alters would be abandoned for that reason alone and the only one that would be kept is the real profile.

what I do is attribute fantastic accomplishments to my real name and image and details and challenge people to disprove it. that puts all the work on them and I only have one password to remember.

most of the profiles on this site are alters...not mine. its more fun being a real person.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think people do that if they have inadequacy problems, self esteem problems or something like that. Also if you need to do that you have another problem. Your living your life out of the ego. Like your ego is running your life. That means it's important for you to show off and try to impress others. It's not healthy. When your self image is healthy you certainly don't need to create any alter ego. Again there's that word ego. Once you get rid of the ego and just start living a normal well adjusted balanced life things are much easier. All I can suggest for that is trying daily positive affirmations. Done lone enough you'll start to think and behave in a more well adjusted mannor..

new topics

top topics

join