It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Progress in Development of Nuclear Fusion Reactor!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Researchers at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, have successfully developed a key technology that will be used in building the central solenoid for an experimental tokamak fusion reactor designed to demonstrate the technological feasibility of nuclear fusion generated power. General Atomics corporation in San Diego, California will build the central solenoid this summer, as part of the ITER project, and ship it to France where it will be used in the construction of a test reactor. Thank you Professors David Irick, Madhu Madhukar and Masood Parang for a job well done. If the ITER reactor is a success, the implications are HUGE.

Link to University of Tennessee press release with some details about the project: www.utk.edu...

Links to information about the ITER pproject: www.usiter.org... and www.iter.org...

This new information confirms the story about the rumored "Star Garden" limestone pit excavation in France that was discussed in this recent ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Additional link to an article about the ITER project and the recent successful developments by the research team at UT: www.newkerala.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BULLPIN

Thanks for posting this.

Its often easy to feel like the world is doomed and looking in to the technologys we are coming up with to solve certain problems makes me feel a lot more optomistic.

This is my feel good thread of the day S nd F

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Whats the point?

MCAT technology is much smaller and easier to install everywhere, and its already been proven and leased out for real world testing.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
wow the worlds largest number one reason too say,,
look at #USHIMA,,
they built that didnt they.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EncompassAll

Thanks for that perspective because I never would have thought of this as being a "feel-good" thread hahaha. I'm optimistic that this reactor design is the real deal, unlike so many of the various fusion hoaxes we've all heard about in the past. Success of the ITER project reactor would have far-reaching implications touching on any number of diverse issues....from peak-oil and mid-east foreign policy, atmospheric CO2 and the future viability of oil and renewable-energy related industries.......to de-commissioning the more dangerous, current-generation of fission reactors and developing next-generation warp-drive propulsion systems that might allow human exploration beyond our solar system. The real prospect of viable fusion reactors becoming a reality in our lifetimes is exciting and inspires me to believe that we are, perhaps, laying the groundwork to build a better tomorrow for future generations.

Truth be told, I fully expected the anti-Islamic (muzzie hater) contingency to flood the thread with posts about how the Arab nations will be screwed if the ITER reactor is a success. Hasn't happened....yet. I suppose it's just a matter of time though hahaha.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLPIN

i just hope Oppenheimur wasnt talking about this, event.
and not the one he was looking at.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

As Cheech once said, "Who is this is?" What are you referring to....Oppenheimer's "I have become death" statement? Geez, I was just trying to feel all warm and fuzzy about this whole thing hahaha.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLPIN

well it is QUANTUM physics,,, comence fussy,,, and lol

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I am constantly surprised by the level of ignorance displayed on fusion threads. First off Fusion has nothing to do with FISSION which is what the fukushima reactors use.

Second of all if you aren't capable of making this key distinction you are probably too stupid to understand anything else I'd try to explain to you so i won't bother.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

I was wondering myself if this was safe. I know it's distinct from nuclear fission but nothing else. If I remember the terminology, it's "cold" and that is supposed to be better somehow.

See, I have no idea. That's why I keep my mouth shut unless I know what the hell I'm talking about. Some other people just can't admit that I guess.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
Whats the point?

MCAT technology is much smaller and easier to install everywhere, and its already been proven and leased out for real world testing.

That is a rather cryptic post. What is MCAT technology? Not sure if you are referring to some sort of chemical fuel cell or a Variable Shunt Reactor or something else. Please, do tell...and provide some details, or links, for our own personal edification.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

First off Fusion has nothing to do with FISSION which is what the fukushima reactors use.

lol
would u mind pointing out which,,presently ,,working reactors,,at #ushima,, that would be,,?

or do u mean the melted goo,, undergoing a fussion prosece,, as we speak,,in my ever so humble opinion,,

there hasnt been,,working FISSION REACTOR,,at fukushima ,,,since march 11th of LAST YEAR.!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Fusion reactors should be much safer even though they would not use a cold process. Atoms are "fused" together, instead of being split apart (like in fission), releasing massive amounts of energy (heat) which would then be used to create steam to turn electricity generating turbines. Imagine containing a small star in a magnetic field and harnessing the energy...that's how the ITER tokamak design reactor will work. If you wanna know the details, search engines are your friend

edit on 12-6-2012 by BULLPIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

No fusion going on at Fukushima Bob....it's all fission my friend.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLPIN

have u checked the photographic,, particle annomoliies,,like ,,flaring,, and blue light, orbital?,,consistent, spatial displacement?
its on the radiation #ushima thread,, the up close pictures of the ,,, elephants foot ,,,blob.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

FUSION is not the same as FISSION. We have had fission reactors for 60-odd years, we do not yet have a working fusion reactor. Fukushima has nothing to do with fusion as it was a fission reactor.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

I think you mean ECAT. A lot of people don't realize that cold fusion is about to make a big come back.

A guy is supposed to start selling cold fusion devices for home heating this fall. There are one or two competitors.
He supposedly also has the process to generate 600degree steam.
Also University of Illinois, MIT and NASA (yes NASA!) all have programs and working devices. Most of these devices are not commercially viable yet but it looks like there is going to be a big shake up in the energy industry.
Hot Fusion, Hot fission, Hydrocarbon and hopefully the whole damn middle east will soon be irrelevant. Search on ECAT, Rossi

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fripw

As P.T. Barnum once said, "There's a sucker born every minute." So you're buying into Rossi's ECAT scam huh? Oh yeah, I can't tell you how ECAT works but I'll sell you a portion of the rights to distribute my tech for $200,000. Pretty simple to see that it's all about lining his pockets with investor's money and nothing more. His irritation and unwillingness to repeat a demonstration and subject his tech to peer review should tell you everything you need to know. It's been over a year since his first rigged demonstration and his current efforts are just as bogus. At least Pons and Fleischmann were real scientists that made some mistakes. Rossi is a scam artist. Would be nice if it was for real though. Would be nice if a fat man in a red suit came down my chimney and left me some gifts at Christmastime too.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BULLPIN

You're awfully quick to dismiss anything that hasn't been hand fed to you by the moronic media.
Maybe it is bull %@# but it's not just Rossi there's a lot more to it.

Let's talk about scams. I know a good one. It's called high temp fusion. Billions and billions of dollars and decades invested and now maybe they've made a breakthrough? Your a proponent of one of biggest scams going.
I do believe that maybe it's a snowballs chance in hell but cold fusion has a better chance than hot of be a viable energy source.
Yet you quickly close your mind to anything else, because you have been told to close it. Rossi isn't even taking investment capital. You can't buy into it even if you wanted to. So what is the harm in taking a closer look?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fripw

None of those agencies have working LENR devices and Rossi has yet to actually substantiate his claims with objective evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join