It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Online troll sentenced to 26 weeks in prison for harassing British official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
story from The Raw Story
By Agence France-Presse
Monday, June 11, 2012

The "Troll" is 60 year old Frank Zimmerman of Gloucester.

He was convicted of "bothering" politicians and other well known people, even CIA Director David Petraeus

Mr. Zimmerman reportedly suffers from agoraphobia — a fear of public spaces.

An online “troll” who sent a threatening email to Conservative MP Louise Mensch received a suspended sentence Monday and was banned from contacting a string of well-known figures from Alan Sugar to CIA chief David Petraeus.

Frank Zimmerman, 60, was handed a 26-week prison sentence suspended for two years over the email sent to the Corby lawmaker.

He was also given a restraining order barring him from contact with a string of public figures and ordered to pay £300 costs at Cheltenham Magistrates’ Court.

Sounds like a real winner !

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
story from The Raw Story
By Agence France-Presse
Monday, June 11, 2012

The "Troll" is 60 year old Frank Zimmerman of Gloucester.

He was convicted of "bothering" politicians and other well known people, even CIA Director David Petraeus

Mr. Zimmerman reportedly suffers from agoraphobia — a fear of public spaces.

An online “troll” who sent a threatening email to Conservative MP Louise Mensch received a suspended sentence Monday and was banned from contacting a string of well-known figures from Alan Sugar to CIA chief David Petraeus.

Frank Zimmerman, 60, was handed a 26-week prison sentence suspended for two years over the email sent to the Corby lawmaker.

He was also given a restraining order barring him from contact with a string of public figures and ordered to pay £300 costs at Cheltenham Magistrates’ Court.

Sounds like a real winner !

so some guy sent another guy some message...

for example: your a jerk bla bla bla

and the guy called the cops on him?

and... the guy went to jail?

i understand since it was threatening, that kinda makes sense.

edit on 12-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Along with a string of obscenities, the email, sent in August last year, read: “We are inside your computer and all your phones, everywhere … and inside your homes. “So get off Twitter.

“We have sent a camera crew to photograph you and your kids… You now have a Sophie’s Choice. Which kid is to go? One will.”

c
r
e
e
p
y

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Shows how West is transforming into a soviet gulag camp.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You now have a Sophie’s Choice. Which kid is to go? One will.”

damn i thought it was twenty five years,
,just for that alone ,,,,,would have taken,,25yrs from me,, as a father.,,

ok 25 weeks?,,,
ok. its the law.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

It wasn't really trolling. They guy sent creepy death threats to the persons kids.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

What if its something else? maybe he had been info or some politicians personal vendetta? Do you know that propaganda is now legal in western media?
------------
Defense Bill Legalizes US Propaganda
June 11, 2012

A new feature in the latest version of the National Defense Authorization Act would legalize U.S. government propaganda directed at the American people, with the belief that successful wars require domestic acceptance, writes Lawrence Davidson.

By Lawrence Davidson

The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is misnamed, since it has less to do with defense than offense. The offensive it wages is not just against a growing list of alleged enemies of the United States but also, from a constitutional perspective, against the rights of American citizens and residents.
consortiumnews.com...
----------

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

What if its something else? maybe he had been info or some politicians personal vendetta? Do you know that propaganda is now legal in western media?
------------
Defense Bill Legalizes US Propaganda
June 11, 2012

A new feature in the latest version of the National Defense Authorization Act would legalize U.S. government propaganda directed at the American people, with the belief that successful wars require domestic acceptance, writes Lawrence Davidson.

By Lawrence Davidson

The National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) is misnamed, since it has less to do with defense than offense. The offensive it wages is not just against a growing list of alleged enemies of the United States but also, from a constitutional perspective, against the rights of American citizens and residents.
consortiumnews.com...
----------

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
thats more then the rioter we just charged here in vancouver for 4 weeks. LOL.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I think 26 weeks is too much for such harrassment. Hopefully it is one of those sentences that is long only on paper.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
What the guy wrote was offensive and had someone posted something like that to me, I would probably contact the police. I actually Follow Louise Mensch on Twitter and am not surprised she receives nasty tweets. There is no excuse for threatening people or their families, but this woman is a bit of a troll in her own right. She's not abusive, but knows how to create a reaction.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
I think 26 weeks is too much for such harrassment. Hopefully it is one of those sentences that is long only on paper.

The guy didn't go to jail, the sentence was suspended for two years.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
You don't tell a mother she's going to face a Sophie's choice without expecting her to retaliate in a big way. Everybody knows exactly what that phrase means.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ludwigvonmises003

Yeah, I know right. You can even threaten to kill a woman's children anymore these days. Welcome to Obama's America, England!

new topics

top topics

join