It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lose weight before TSHTF. What do you suggest? I don't think fat people will survive...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

You do not have to devote large amounts of time to get benefits from exercise. In fact, I'd say many people are wasting time. Look up High Intensity Interval Training, you can get the same benefits in less time.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by Em2013

You do not have to devote large amounts of time to get benefits from exercise. In fact, I'd say many people are wasting time. Look up High Intensity Interval Training, you can get the same benefits in less time.

I agree. In my youth i was a competitive weight lifter and all state athlete. In my adult years exercise is a four letter word.

I have lost all my weight without any exercise whatsoever. I change dnothing about my lifestyle. Just the way i viewed the foods I was eating, and blocking out the carbs. Nothing more at all.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm in a bit of a shock that I have to literally spell everything out for those who want to argue. I assumed that when people want to lose weight by exercising, they change their diets as well. Like I stated previously, if you exercise and burn 500 calories and then eat 1000 calories, the exercise will do nothing. However, apparently common sense is lost in this thread.

Yes, you can do nothing other than change your diet and lose weight. HOWEVER, diet and exercise is the best way to do so.

Your body burns calories all the time from eating, digesting, walking, etc. To lose weight you need to burn more than you consume. Exercise not only intensifies the rate calories are burned, but is beneficial to improving the respiratory system, strength of muscles (such as the heart), and circulatory system. Yes, you can loose weight by only changing your diet.

I assume people are to lazy to actually exercise and want to argue that diet is all that is needed. YES it is... however, exercising has more benefits than just losing weight. I can not believe that I have to spell this out and people lack common sense or can not read anything I have written or do research on their own. Who exercises and then eats 10,000 calories a day and expect to lose weight?

Seriously, this has been like arguing with a toddler. Unless I hold your hand and spell everything out, word for word, common sense is thrown out the window. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
I'm in a bit of a shock that I have to literally spell everything out for those who want to argue. I assumed that when people want to lose weight by exercising, they change their diets as well.

You assumed wrong. Most people think just slaving all day in the gym will fix their problems. Women are the most guilty of this and think running on a treadmill for hours is the answer to donuts.

I assume people are to lazy to actually exercise and want to argue that diet is all that is needed.

Some people have injuries that prevent vigorous exercise. Some people just hate getting on a treadmill and slaving their lives away. Some people are Bed ridden or wheel chair bound. You might be able to get away with calling the treadmill haters lazy..but the rest of them? Don't be a jerk.

You seem rather angry-Ok so some people on a forum don't agree with you. I personally don't think the benefit of exercise is weight loss. Yes, it can aid in weight loss, but as a mere calorie burning tool it's not the best. It's best to build muscle and thus raise your BMR. You also tend to burn less calories as you become used to the workout in question. For people who are already very obese it's not a great idea to hand them running shoes. In their case it's best to lose some weight first and then attempt to walk a bit.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join