It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lose weight before TSHTF. What do you suggest? I don't think fat people will survive...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I have no idea what it will be like when we finally experience what's to come, what it will be, or when it will occur, but I will say that the fatter you are, the more dependent on your environment you are, and here in America, if you're dependent, you're more likely than not, dependent on the government some how--which is exactly how they want you.

Think of rioters, or power outages. Do you think you'll have as much chance to survive on your side if you're weighed down with extra body weight and terrible stamina?

So, I suggest you lose the weight.

However, I'm not by any means an expert on this, so I leave the "how" to ATS.

How do you become fit? What are your suggestions?

What's more important? The food you eat, or how active you are?

What foods are best for keeping yourself healthy? What activities are great for whipping your body into shape?

Please don't give me a random mainstream answer you find on google. If you don't know, then don't worry about making a reply. I would like facts, because I am a bit clueless when it comes to this particular topic.

How do we stay healthy enough to face the hardships of the world?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
When it finally hits the fan it is great to be fit but it is also great to have some fat stored up. You don't see the bears complaining.

And by the way, I can see the baphomet in your avatar.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Insanity works for sure my lil bro and my brother in laws brother were both mad chunky.....not they're both super ripped and chiseled....it didn't really take a long time and all they used was a set of 25lb dumbells

I'll still snap both of their arms if they mess with me

edit on 12-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
become a vegan

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well, while being healthy is an ideal state in most situations, there is something to be said for being a little plush.

If a SHTF situation requires running around to get away from flowing lava or a zombie horde, sure you wanna be athletic. If it just means that the systems we are used to in society are shutting down and food becomes scarce, having extra fat deposits may just keep you alive.

Think back to just a hundred years ago. Skinny women were not really sought after. For virtually all of civilization, men considered women who had some 'meat on their bones' to be the prized catches. They knew in hard times or long winters, these women would make it and would be able to provide milk for their children.

So decide what type of SHTF you think is most likely going to occur and tailor your health accordingly.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
If people don't lose weight because of personal health concerns I'm certain that they won't lose the weight because of some prophesied event.

Losing weight isn't as easy as eating less or changing your diet. Something you may not know, your blood type has a little to do with it. Research it. Hormones have something to do with it. Research it.

Telling people to simply "lose weight" is simply preposterous.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The insanity work out is awesome. Juicing organic veggies is awesome too. Keep hydrated. If you can't stay away from meat, eat only extra lean cuts and try to just do small portions with your meal. Try that for 6 weeks and it will change your life.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

...Don't forget, though, an overweight person could go a lot longer without food than a slim person, by converting their body fat to energy..?

A slim person has little spare fat to metabolise...

( I'm not advocating being overweight, though ! )

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
If people don't lose weight because of personal health concerns I'm certain that they won't lose the weight because of some prophesied event.

Losing weight isn't as easy as eating less or changing your diet. Something you may not know, your blood type has a little to do with it. Research it. Hormones have something to do with it. Research it.

Telling people to simply "lose weight" is simply preposterous.

diet is almost all of it. i was really into bodybuilding for a while. diet is the most important thing. you can lift weights twice a week and get huge if you're eating right. same goes for losing weight

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
What twaddle.

Us fatties will eat all you skinny chumps... Survival of the fattest, I say.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm going to eat people. Get my reputation up.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Don't become a vegan, you won't get the nutrients your brain/body need to thrive without meat.
Go paleo you will lose weight very fast, feel great and your brain will function so much better you will be amazed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-6-2012 by epsilon69 because: added link

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Whether a person is *fat* or not might have little to do with their chance of survival. In fact, being "fat" might just be what gets many people past starvation, having all those extra calories to sustain them when there is little or no food available. In fact, **skinny** or "in shape" folks might perish first because they have no extra reserves to sustain them when food becomes scarce. It's like the show SURVIVOR. "Fat" folks lose a lot of weight and get into better shape while people who were in "good" shape start to look like skeletons.

Don't be so judgmental. Whether or not people survive the days to come has less to do with body weight than it does with the WILL TO SURVIVE.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It is funny that some view it this way.
The fat will die first.
Consider bears, get fat right up until time to hybernate and survive off of their fat until food is available.
Still think the fat ones will be the first to perish?

Food for thought.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Well there goes the thread.

your post will be removed shortly... did you NOT read the T&C? you agreed to them however.

sadly, despite my agreeance with you will not change the way the forums work.

I'm still going to eat skinny people... Kiera knightly looks rather tasty imo !

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Some people that are overweight and diet have slowed down there metabolism. they go into a Starvation Metabolism. and because decreased overall caloric intake they still don't lose weight.
also because they are overweight they have extra fat to use for energy.

This Starvation Metabolism is just what you want in a TSHTF situation.
The person with little or no body fat is going to be the first to die because they have no reserve storage.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
If there's time before the Zomnipocalypse....

P90>P90M>P90X>Insanity>P90X2

That should cover it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
While the rest of you sticks are starving to death we'll be burning it, baby.

Don't assume the fat are going to be at a disadvantage. We think too.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Look for "Tangy Tangerine" it is a product also get the colloidal minerals and essential fatty acids esp if you are Vegan .

I went from 238 to 182 in a few month just by adding the supplements .. it is a little expensive but it worked for me .

I should add I was using other supplements like NOW foods stuff with little effect until I tried this stuff ..

Now I tell everyone about this stuff it's amazing .

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join