It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a legal way for a man to subdue a woman?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

The cops are of no use in this situation. (are they ever?) You need to contact Child Protective Services.

If you mother can't seem to comprehend what you are trying to tell her (which is correct) then maybe they can explain to it to her.

Ya know ?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by Mizzijr

you are unfit to be in this thread.

What sucks more - your sense of humor or this thread..?

lol.. sorry... man, I'm usually humorous, but I'm kinda not feeling it at the moment.. sorry again.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'd call the cops if the situation gets to that point. Also couldn't hurt to get video of this kind of thing going down.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I have heard about and seen the basket hold. You might watch it here in slow motion:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I would say go down to you local Health and Human Services and speak to a counselor and not only discuss the situation between your Sisters, but also the apparent lack of concern your Mother is showing in this situation. Really, it is hard to say what is going to snap the older Sister out of her Attitude. Maybe you going to jail and her knowing she caused it because you were defending your other Sister, but knowing some teens like I do it wouldn't faze her and you would have a record. I say talk to the counselor about your Mothers attitude over this because she needs to be put into check. She could deal with the Authorities now over this situation or she could deal with a serious injury or worse down the line. I say be the Man and force Her to deal with it today. It may cause stress with Mom and you, but as I see it it's already there. I personally could live with my Mom being mad at me for caring too much for may Family than visiting my Sisters grave site because my other Sister cracked her scull. This sounds harsh but it only takes once and a fraction of a second to go too far.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

What sucks more - your sense of humor or this thread..?

Humor is welcomed on ATS.........

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The OP can get into A LOT of trouble if he does this without proper training. This is a therapeutic hold that I offered in my response. It takes training to NOT be held accountable for a persons bruises and injuries. Without at least a minimal class the OP will be seen by the police as doing little more than a wrestling hold. Many extension agencies hold classes on this type of intervention. I will state again, this can ONLY be used in a situation where a person may hurt themselves or others. Since it is his family he does not need anymore than his mother's verbal agreement to stop his sisters from injuring one another. He CANNOT use this hold on anyone else that has not signed a contract for services. Edit: and he has to be licensed in his state to perform these services.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Dookie Master because: licensed in his state

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

There is no way actually. ANYTHING you do,will result in being imprisoned.The laws are easily designed to see you incarcerated.

Move out.

Or face jail time.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I have heard about and seen the basket hold. You might watch it here in slow motion:

This is perfect.. I can work with this.. Thank you very much.

If anybody else may have any other "holds" or legal "submission techniques" that would be great.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dookie Master
reply to post by charles1952

The OP can get into A LOT of trouble if he does this without proper training. This is a therapeutic hold that I offered in my response. It takes training to NOT be held accountable for a persons bruises and injuries. Without at least a minimal class the OP will be seen by the police as doing little more than a wrestling hold. Many extension agencies hold classes on this type of intervention. I will state again, this can ONLY be used in a situation where a person may hurt themselves or others. Since it is his family he does not need anymore than his mother's verbal agreement to stop his sisters from injuring one another. He CANNOT use this hold on anyone else that has not signed a contract for services. Edit: and he has to be licensed in his state to perform these services.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Dookie Master because: licensed in his state

Well damn. Shot down. I probably need to listen to you more then. I seen your last post but it didn't seem clear since I didn't read the "Note". This makes more sense.

Just read it though. lol thanks.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
What the hell is wrong with your family?
Dysfunction much?

Want to know what to do?
Move out.

I dunno if you noticed..but he actually cares about his family?

Not everybody walks away just because they have family problems.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

depending on your state one or more of the people you mentioned could be guilty of domestic violence(laws varry by state) so id be careful posting this kind of stuff,if your related dating or cohabitating you can be hit with a dv charge so next time just call the cops and maby the bully will learn her lesson after she runs her mouth in prison and figures out shes not the top dog in the world

but from a legal stand point restraining a female you live with is rarely a good idea as a male unlles shes armed and you have it on video as in my expirence if the female says you hit her and she as any kind of marks (even if you didnt inflcit them) you as the male will get blamed and most likely taken to jail so to answer your question just dont do it.....

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
"You're right, I'm wrong, I couldn't be more wrong."

This is how you subdue a woman legally:

"You're right, I'm wrong, I couldn't be more wrong."

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I would say based on their ages, let them fight it out. Stay out of it, take a walk. Never call 911 unless it is an emergency, like a life threatening situation.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You poor bugger. Sounds like a horrible situation to have to endure on a regular basis.
Your little sister & you sound like complete opposites of your mum & the elder sister.
The elder sis sounds quite manipulative like your mum, so I'm guessing any intervention by you would result in you being charged (more-so now that she's aware of it). Be extra careful, as she may have learnt some tricks off your mum (trumping up details, false allegations etc) , especially if she is spiteful.
Is she approachable/reasonable at any time? Maybe trying to talk to her when shes in a good mood?

Do you all have the same father, & is he on the scene? (I'm guessing no due to you stepping up).
I'd ask the police for advice but don't hold much hope that you will get any thats truly helpful.
Could you maybe ring child-services/welfare anonymously, & find out the laws regarding this?
Sorry sweetheart, but your ma sounds like shes dropping the ball big time. Shes very lucky to have two intelligent & insightful kids given the way shes bringing you up.
Best of luck to you all.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

I u2u so as not to muddy the waters in your thread. I believe you said you live in GA. If so, our two states have similar laws regarding how to appropriately handle this type of situation. Also, if near Atlanta I know there are free classes you can take. Let me see if my QC contact can find one. I'll be back tomorrow, don't want to call him this late. Good luck, stick with your family. "You can choose your friends, but..."

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Sounds like the middle sister and your mom need some intensive therapy. If she attacks your little sister again, get your little sister and yourself out of there and call the cops. Once she is arrested etc, see if you can get a therapist involved. Sorry about your situation and you're a good man for not leaving.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

That is a shame man. You have to get away from that dangerous situation. If your sisters are 14 and 15, then they need to be acting better. If your mother calls the police on you for something so trivial, then she is not your friend either.

You are 21, so go get an apartment, or move in with a friend or something. You might still be able to have a relationship with your family from afar, but living in that house is going to get you in trouble.

And the answer to your OP is.... "none." There is no "legal" way to "subdue" someone. Maybe next time you should call the police instead of letting mom do it. Or, you could call Child Welfare and let them know your mother is putting your sisters in a dangerous situation. Maybe let your sisters know you are going to do that everytime they fight, and they might end up in Foster Care if they can't straighten up and act right. I'm usually against getting the authorities involved, but since your mother is eager to do it, then you might have to fight dirty and beat her to the punch.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Creepy title.
My comment .... ya'll need family counseling.
Individual counseling as well.
Not internet counseling.
Good luck

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Solar. Plexus.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join