It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.N. Seeks to Tax the Internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
www.nationalreview.com...#

The United Nations is considering a new Internet tax targeting the largest Web content providers, including Google, Facebook, Apple, and Netflix, that could cripple their ability to reach users in developing nations.

Since the prospects of internet take over by UN looks dim at this time a new idea from the Europeans will be presented for debate in December (has been leaked) which could result in heavy costs for providing service to non-U.S. users.

IMO the UN's right to tax is questionable. They don't own the web and where is the money going to go, Europeans?

Money grubbers messing with a system that is working fine.
edit on 6/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I am not a citizen of the UN. They have no right to tax me. Absurd.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

I am not a citizen of the UN. They have no right to tax me. Absurd.

They are seeking to tax Google, Facebook, Apple, and Netflix and other providers. I almost considered posting this in the NWO forum, because I believe the UN is the biggest tool the NWO has. By the time the individuals get taxed IMO we will be under a one world government.

If this happens it is going to impact services, perhaps even ATS. I imagine we could get charged fees to use websites so the providers don't go under. Hope I'm wrong.

By the way, what right does the UN have to tax any business? I'm sure they will give themselves the right.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't understand why there is no discussion on this here.
I must ave been overlooked. It needs more flag

This is absurd. Unfortunately we do not have an administration we can trust on this.

new topics

top topics

join