It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't Find Name of TV Series - Aliens, UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Having the hardest time finding the name of a TV series about hostile UFOs and aliens. Two scenes come to mind as to being singular - one in which twin sisters in a previous decade were hired by a secret government organization in an attempt to pilot a captured UFO, they died bleeding from the ears. Two - a government advisor was helicoptered over some crop circles, he was explaining to a protege that he had survived five presidential administrations, just before they happened over a crop circle in the shape of Howdy Doody's face. There was also a scene where a private in the Army was sent into a room where a captired alien was present, he died from some kind of telepathic attack. Much of the show seemed to take place in the 50s. Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzle2

I think I know which one it is...and I am drawing a blank too....I'll find it!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Was it Dark Skies?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Was it Dark Skies?

Might be. Thanks. The wiki description seems like that might be it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It was a good creepy show from the 90's....I don't remember to much about it because it was my child rearing days

But it was on reruns a few years back and i watched some of them....and they were set in the 50's mostly.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Dark skies indeed, great little mini series. Starts off with the foo fighters and some bombers, and follows a few families through a little chunk of history...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Was it Dark Skies?

And thanks very much, btw.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You're welcome...I love finding things!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You're welcome...I love finding things!

I've been reviewing television, looking for odd things that have been included here and there.
For instance, in the show Fringe, in one episode, scrawled in chalk on a blackboard in the
background, were the words "a demon's twist rusts". Bizarre, huh?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Dude, I am pretty sure you are thinking of "Taken" by Steven Speilberg! The twin sisters were psychic, and that's how the UFO was supposed to be controlled. That was a wicked show!
Taken on IMBD
Have fun
edit on 12-6-2012 by ReMeDee1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ReMeDee1982

Definetely Taken by Steven Spielberg. Ten part mini-movie that came out on Sci-Fi around 2003. I have all five DVDs, one of my favourite alien stories. Have a look on ebay you may still be able to get them

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'll throw this in for good measure.

The older members may remember the TV series "UFO" from the 70's.

It was a little creepy.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I never saw Taken...have to look that one up...

I also love Fringe....wonder what that strange saying means?

One thing that stuck in my head was and episode of House, nothing alien, just an interesting easter egg......he was speaking in front of a blackboard and someone wrote "Tesla was robbed" on it.....love it.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

When William and Walter visit the Harvard lab in the Alternate Universe, there is a strange phrase written on a chalkboard: "A DEMON'S TWIST RUSTS". The phrase is an anagram for:

DON'T TRUST SAM WEISS

Sam Weiss is dude from the bowling alley that Olivia has visited several times for advice, and was also the secret glyph clue for "Over There, Part 2".

Why would Sam Weiss be someone not to be trusted? Who left this message in the alternate universe? Do they mean the Sam Weiss from our universe, of the one from "over there"?
www.fringetelevision.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

When William and Walter visit the Harvard lab in the Alternate Universe, there is a strange phrase written on a chalkboard: "A DEMON'S TWIST RUSTS". The phrase is an anagram for:

DON'T TRUST SAM WEISS

Sam Weiss is dude from the bowling alley that Olivia has visited several times for advice, and was also the secret glyph clue for "Over There, Part 2".

Why would Sam Weiss be someone not to be trusted? Who left this message in the alternate universe? Do they mean the Sam Weiss from our universe, of the one from "over there"?
www.fringetelevision.com...

Fringe has so many twists and turns it's almost impossible to keep up with. With the last season coming up, it will be interesting to see how they wrap it up.

There are so many different alien tv shows from that era, I mean, X-Files, Roswell, Taken, the list is endless. Without spoiling the story too much Taken follows three families from the 1940s through to today centering around the 1947 crash at Roswell. One family is government related and involved with the cover-up, and the other two are the families who the aliens are basically trying to hybridize as an experiment, which culminates in 50 years or so with their final experiment. It's very character driven and a really engrossing story. I did check ebay, and they have many copies of it available still, just depends on where in the world you are as to your region

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I keep meaning to watch it, but I'm sure it's likely Dark Skies, as some have mentioned. Saw a few episodes of it. Really pulls a lot from the MJ-12 lore. The episodes I saw were decent, but this was pre-DVR times, and though I enjoy TV, I enjoy it on MY time....vs. airtimes.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thank you, Templar...appreciate it...love anything sci-fi, I will put it on my to do list!!

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

The reason I am sure you are thinking of Taken, is the twin sisters with bleeding ears scene is still fresh in my head. During our cold Canadian winter here, about 6 months ago, my best buddy lent me and my GF the whole series to watch. So, even though the show is older now, I only just watched it this year. Hope you find what you are looking for.

new topics

top topics

join