It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's a Difference Between Religion and Faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I consider myself a very "spiritual" person. I believe strongly in the Scriptures (what Christians call the Bible, both the "Old and New" Testaments).

That being said, I also firmly believe that religion is a man-made invention and a tool that TPTB have designed and used to control and pacify people.

I consider myself a "Christian" although I do not believe in (the Western institution known as) "Christianity." A lot of what "Christianity" teaches goes against the Scriptures taught; what Yehoshuah ha'Mashiach (Jesus the Christ) taught.

So for me I study Scriptures and don't depend on what the overseers behind the pulpit in their air-conditioned indoctrination buildings say. Scriptures say he who has ears will hear and he who has eyes will see. We don't need someone else to tell us what to hear and see.

Also, I do not let religion divide me from the rest of humanity. Yes I have differing views from Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, atheists, etc. But that doesn't mean I allow myself to be at odds with them. Divide and conquer is the Illuminati's strongest tool, and nothing divides more than religion and politics. We need to open our eyes and be wary.

Christ said: 16I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

- Matthew 10

Thank you, everyone, for giving me the opportunity to speak my mind. Thanks for reading. Shalom!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
even a bigger difference between faith and belief

"There is an important difference between belief and faith. Belief means you have made up a thought — or picked it up somewhere — and invested in it. That might serve you well in a social situation. But as a seeker of truth, it doesn’t work.

Being a seeker actually means you do not know. But you still generate the faith that you could know. And this faith could make your mind, body and energy one-pointed enough to penetrate your ignorance."

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
edit on 11-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by shaluach

About your quote...

39. Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves."

Makes more sense, especially in today's world, and points to a 2000+ year old conspiracy. No mention of us being sheep either.

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
even a bigger difference between faith and belief

"There is an important difference between belief and faith. Belief means you have made up a thought — or picked it up somewhere — and invested in it. That might serve you well in a social situation. But as a seeker of truth, it doesn’t work.

Being a seeker actually means you do not know. But you still generate the faith that you could know. And this faith could make your mind, body and energy one-pointed enough to penetrate your ignorance."

Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev
edit on 11-6-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)
Beautiful.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

About your quote...

39. Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves."

Makes more sense, especially in today's world, and points to a 2000+ year old conspiracy. No mention of us being sheep either.

Indeed Adam. The Pharisees of that day were the same as the "Christian" Evangelicals of today. They have invented a false belief system and profited off of the message of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I believe in god. I don't think religion is all bad but when mankind gets his fingers in things he usually messes things up. What's stated in the New Testament isn't evil by any means. I spent a lot of time looking in that book trying to decipher what it really says. There is a lot of war and killing in the Old Testament though. There is wisdom in the book, people two thousand years ago weren't much different than today, we just think we evolved since then. I don't think they had Facebook back then though.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

What you are against is "traditionalism" and "denominationalism". And for good reason, they suck.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Okay, did you just slam Evangelicalism? Evangelicals were responsible for the first and second great awakenings and we are currently entering the 3rd and final. Two MASSIVE healing movements of God were the result, or basically Mark 16 stuff for the layman.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Okay, did you just slam Evangelicalism? Evangelicals were responsible for the first and second great awakenings and we are currently entering the 3rd and final. Two MASSIVE healing movements of God were the result, or basically Mark 16 stuff for the layman.

No, but I am criticizing a lot of these Evangelicals of the modern Western "Christianity™" movement. A lot of what is called Christianity™ goes against what the Scriptures teach. But I have no problem with true Evangelicals (I consider myself one).

Hope that helps to answer your question.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

To a degree. Not sure what you are slamming then, liberal Christians?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I can't make it any more clear than I already have. "Liberal" Christians (and by that I assume you mean Christians with Liberal political views)? No.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaluach

I can't make it any more clear than I already have. "Liberal" Christians (and by that I assume you mean Christians with Liberal political views)? No.

No, don't mean that at all. By "liberal" I mean the emergent church movement. People who are liberal with doctrine, not politics.

new topics

top topics

join