It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R The Military Using The Bible Code ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I was jst researching the bible code and their were many sites saying that the bible code can predict the future and has already succesfully predicted historical events. could the military use this to their advantage, plan and stop terrosist attacks.
is the future already written ?

maybe someone will come along a code which could tell us that aliens will come to earth 1 day ?

what do you think ?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The bible code is nothing but chance, and subjective interpretation and assocations of ambigious and disconnected words. You can do the same with any book. I wouldn't stress over the bible code too much.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sorry Indigo_child but you can't do that with any book. In fact, you can't do that with any language translation of the bible except for the original Hebrew one as dictated by God to Moses. Thats why the Jews were very strict about copying the original text to the letter, in the days before printing presses. The code was cryptographically set in Hebrew and must be searched in Hebrew, there is no way around it.

The NSA has verified its cryptological nature, now whether or not they tell you what they find is up to them.

The letters have to be set to a mathematical sequence of whatever you choose to encode. If you deviate from that sequence while encrypting something, you'll destroy the message you're trying to hide. Hence the reasons the Jews were told strictly not to change anything or the hidden messages would be ruined.

Now the original bible is as old as the mayan, egyptian, and cherokee calendars, and I believe in a sense it too is some sort of a calendar. But think of it as a modern calendar with notes of significance already written in for all the days. But all those notes are encoded. So technically it will only predict all the days which have to pass on this particular calendar.
Say for example it was like a modern year calendar and there was one month to go and you just discovered how to read those days of the last month, but you could not read the next year because that calendar hasn't been delivered yet.

For your own research, make note of where future comet impacts are likely to occur according to the bible codes and compare that to US foreign policy and military deployment. I would bet all US forces would move from impact zones. And US foreign policy would allow countries to do as they pleased, if they were doomed from a comet strike.
Everyone complains about China, but if there is a huge asteroid strike (actually 2) in India as predicted, China would be the least of our worries, as well as Pakistan, Afganistan, Indonesia, etc. You get the picture.

How's this for crazy, the world's richest nations are going to forgive all the debt of poor nations just because Iraq was going to get off scot-free....please, there's an even more sinister reason or they would never think it, its not like they got religion all of a sudden, or did they.....hmmmm

Crazy US maneuvers may not seem so crazy when you dig in.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
The bible code is nothing but chance,

.. interpretation ... of ... words.

You can do the same with any book.

1. 100% disagree, There was no occasion when Bible lied. ALL prophesies that were predicted - did happen others are waiting to happen:
---a. Rebirth of Israel - you know that this happened
---b. Jesus Christ
---c. Tyre

2. agree, the better you dig into Bible, better you interpret it, the closer you are to truth.

3. 100% agree, though nothing comes close to the Bible

Bible predicts NWO - we can see it coming directrly/indirectly.
Bible predicts WWIII - most likely bio/nuclear one.

I'm sure THOSE prophies will come out to be true as well.

and is military uses bible code... most likely yes only if its to their advantage.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
There was recently a documentary on the bible code on Sky one(UK)conspiracies series. Michael Drosnin set a skeptic a challenge to find prophecies and predictions of assassinations of world leaders, presidents etc, in the book Moby Dick. The skeptic took his challenge, and was able to find many predictions that could be interpreted to be forecasting future events.(E.g. 9/11:Osama Bin Laden, plane, crash) including the prediction of Michael Drosnin's upcoming assasination. Also shown, was how certain song lyrics, contain many predictions of upcoming events too.

More here: cs.anu.edu.au...

There are two possible explanations:

1. Somehow unconsciouslly, everything we compose, write or speak, forecasts the future. An interesting hypothesis I think.

2. It's all chance and open to interpretation.

As 1 cannot be proven, it leaves us with 2. I wouldn't invest my attention in the bible code, it's all wishful thinking(I have the book btw)

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Child you are only fooling yourself ,,,and you know what?
I have been reading your posts. there is nothing and I mean Zero special about your Mystic powers. Have you tried finding a Job you have way too much free time on your hands!

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Easy, hoss.

Hey, let's talk about something no one ever talks about -- what has the bible been WRONG about? And don't say "nothing!" because surely there is something. What has the bible predicted falsely either in the regular text or in these crazy bible codes?

Zip

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HAL2003
Child you are only fooling yourself ,,,and you know what?
I have been reading your posts. there is nothing and I mean Zero special about your Mystic powers. Have you tried finding a Job you have way too much free time on your hands!

What causes you to make an unprovoked, unjustified and uncalled for attack on a stranger? I'll leave that for you to meditate on.

Zipdot: The is indeed what what I am contesting about the bible code. There are no wrong predictions. The predictions are only made after the event has passed

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hah, yeah, exactly...

Just like Nostradamus!

- Zippo

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Child is right, it pure coincidence and chance. You can interpret 100000s of things from the bible and maybe 1 will come true and you will be like OH IT WAS PREDICTED!!

Like someone said they decoded 2 birds flying into a tree and connected that with 9/11... that "prediction" could mean 100 different things...

Sorry people, the bible doesnt predict Jake-Sh*t

Tsar

[edit on 5-10-2004 by Tsar_Bomba_Freak]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The ignorance that I see in these forums never ceases to amaze me. Hidden codes in the Torah? Haha..
Go to this site...
www.csicop.org...

top topics

join