It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dragon's Tale. [TFTG]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
For centuries I slept, sleeping from a curse cast upon dragonkind long ago, and I have lived since in human form. We are not allowed to assume dragonform anymore, being banished by the beliefs that we no longer exist. The curse caused our demise.

What a mighty race we once were. We ruled everything.

Everything, in hindsight, is too much to rule. We became proud, haughty, and thought others beneath us. We lost compassion, and took hope from others. We burnt farmlands for joy, and terrorized the countryside, thinking we were better than the puny humans that worked so hard to provide us with gold. Now I truly know the folly of our actions. Everything eventually crumbled from the destruction we wreaked, and then, more suddenly than we thought, there was noone left who believed in us anymore. Our greed, as dragonkind, wiped out not only the resources the humans depended upon, but also the very sustenance that made us alive. We cursed ourselves, as each and every dragonkind slowly faded away.

Every now and then, a dragon awakens, sans folly, and serious. Rueful of their past actions, they try to do good in the world, and cast aside the tragedy of their past greed, working to correct humanity from the same fateful destiny that they once endured. Alas, I am one of those.

Fortunately, I've met other dragons, living in human form, during my time on this earth. Each has bestowed a remnant of wisdom upon me, so I strive to follow forth with their instructions.

Once I met a silver dragon, and she caused me to realize that happiness is a key. She didn't give me the key, but she told me where to find it. I will always cherish her advice.

For now, I have this, this thing, stuck in my maw. I can't get it out. I've tried chewing it, spitting it out, yet it remains. I've run my tongue over it, and I can feel it's shape, but it haunts me, and prevents me from doing much more than simply slurring my words. I have, however, identified it.

It's disgust.

It's the same thing that originally led to our demise. Contempt. Lack of respect.

I would think humanity fared better than dragonkind, but tis not so. The same frailties we had are bound over.

We dragons were once a proud race, thinking we owned the planet we lived upon, and discarded any thoughts of our environment. We pillaged, and plundered, and what we had left was nothing. We learned.

My question to you humans reading this is thus:

Will you follow our path to extinction? Will you let greed control you? Will you rape the earth as we did?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
S&F

I liked it very much....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Glad you liked it.

I wanted to try to make a story about how humans are destroying the earth, from a dragon's POV.

Thanks for the flag.

*bow*

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Wow.

great story OP!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Did not expect,this angle of a story!

S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

being banished by the beliefs that we no longer exist. The curse caused our demise.

The curse ,
,the only curse the the Dragon ever recieved was when MAN and WOMAN,
set themsevles,,against the Dragon's Master,,,
no the Curse did not infuriate the Dragon,,
it was disobiediance,,

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

What a mighty race we once were. We ruled everything.

yesss,,yessssss,,,sssleeepppp,,
think of Golden Days,,days of Light and Shining,,for the Dragons breath,,shines as well,,

sleep.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
When humility fails, can demise be far behind? If history has anything to say, the answer is not far at all. Painting a picture that lingers, well done!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
For now, I have this, this thing, stuck in my maw. I can't get it out. I've tried chewing it, spitting it out, yet it remains. I've run my tongue over it, and I can feel it's shape, but it haunts me, and prevents me from doing much more than simply slurring my words. I have, however, identified it.

It's disgust.

This line. Right there. Writing at it's brilliant best Druid. My kudos

I wish I could give you more for this one, this is the winner right here.

S&F.

new topics

top topics

join