It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandusky Defense Argues 'Creepy Love Letters' Show Personality Disorder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
article from ABC News (on Yahoo)

Sandusky Defense Argues 'Creepy Love Letters' Show Personality Disorder

We all know and remember Jerry Sandusky right ?

He's the guy from Penn State that is on trial for sexual abuse of many kids.

He was that beloved coach under the reign (of terror) of the now dead and famous Joe Paterno who was fired when the scandal finally got the exposure it deserved after decades of cover ups and corruption.

Well now Sandusky's lawyers are attempting to show that Jerry is some kind of mental case !!

A not so well known psychiatric disorder called "histrionic personality disorder" is the culprit. Yes indeed.

The lawyers are claiming that the "disorder" displayed itself through Sandusky via some "love letters" he sent to his young victims.

I think life in prison may cure that 'disorder" --- don't you ?

I wonder what the victims and families say ?

Jerry Sandusky's defense team filed a motion Monday that asked permission for a psychologist to testify about histrionic personality disorder, a psychiatric disorder characterized by dramatic, emotional and attention-seeking behavior.

The former Penn State assistant football coach is charged with 52 criminal counts of sexual abuse involving 10 boys over a 15-year period. The motion was intended to discount the prosecution's argument that letters from Sandusky to the boys were not "grooming behavior" to lure them into an inappropriate sexual relationship.

The first witness in the trial, known as Victim No. 4, said the former coach sexually abused him and sent him "creepy love letters." The defense said a psychologist will explain that the "words, tones, requests and statements" made in the letter are consistent with a person who suffers from a histrionic personality disorder, according to the motion.

The article explains the details of this "disorder".

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The only thing Sandusky is histrionic about is being caught after all these years. He will be even more histrionic when he moves into his new digs in prison....he's a freakin' pedophile.

Des

edit on 11-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Sandusky is a predator, while I understand the psychiatric community has a job to do, it sometimes seems as though these disorders take the blame off the individual. Penn state knew this in my eyes, because of the disappearence of Ray Gricar, who went missing while trying to investigate sexual abuse allegations of Penn State in the 90's. This could have ended if parties involved took appropriate action, I was upset epecially hearing Mc (I forgot his name) saying he watched Sandusky rape a child in the shower, talked with then Paterno, WTF?? Who does that? Bottom line the man is a monster, love letters while creepy, are the least of my concern, he raped kids. I hope his victims are getting the marvelous care he is for their emotonal trauma.
edit on 11-6-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

Here is a link about Ray Gricar en.m.wikipedia.org...

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

In my opinion, the Ray Gricar "issue" spoke volumes. It's one of the reasons I didn't shed a tear after Paterno's death. The other, is he could have walked into any police station in Pennsylvania, and possibly Delaware and New Jersey. He would have had a captive audience. But he just turned his head. There weren't many people involved who weren't compliant in some way.

And did you hear the latest? Either 9 or 11 of the 12 jurors have ties to Penn State. Talk about having a horse in the race...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

I agree with you completely, he could off disclosed info, left Penn State and had a wonderful career anywhere. Instead Joe Paterno fell from grace, then passed away. Richard Gricar incident is very suspicious, someone didn't want to stop Sandusky's flow of young boys, I think more people are involved in sexually abusing boys then we are told.

I had no idea that the jurors had connections to Penn State, thats some sinister stuff.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It turns out that Spanier and Shultz kept "secret" email stashes regarding Sandusky that detail why they didn't report him. (Answer: "It would be more humane" if they didn't.)

news.blogs.cnn.com...

www.post-gazette.com...

I really hope they charge Spanier. He's just as guilty as the rest of them.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
reply to post by kat2684

In my opinion, the Ray Gricar "issue" spoke volumes. It's one of the reasons I didn't shed a tear after Paterno's death. The other, is he could have walked into any police station in Pennsylvania, and possibly Delaware and New Jersey. He would have had a captive audience. But he just turned his head. There weren't many people involved who weren't compliant in some way.

And did you hear the latest? Either 9 or 11 of the 12 jurors have ties to Penn State. Talk about having a horse in the race...

It's Centre County. Everyone who lives there either went to Penn State or works there.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

reply to post by kat2684

It's Centre County. Everyone who lives there either went to Penn State or works there.

That's irrelevant to preserving the impartiality of a jury of his peers. But perhaps your understanding of a "jury of your peers" is that each jury member should be from your town and attend, or be associated with, the school you led to football victory.

This goes all the way up to the state level - otherwise, a motion for a change of venue would have been filed and accepted. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the jury pool itself had been tampered with. This was dropped by several state prosecutors for a reason, and the one who knew no fear was never heard from again.

The proof of my contention will come in the form of a hung jury. Watch.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

reply to post by kat2684

That's irrelevant to preserving the impartiality of a jury of his peers.

It should be.

But perhaps your understanding of a "jury of your peers" is that each jury member should be from your town and attend, or be associated with, the school you led to football victory.

Um, no. I'm all for a change of venue. It's not that he's not going to get a fair trial, because he obviously is, but more that this jury might just let him off because of who he is in the community. Centre County lives and breathes Penn State football. The majority of the jury has ties to Penn State in some way or another. The first judge who granted bail was involved with Sandusky's charity, Second Mile. That's why he got such a low bail and why they're treating him with kid gloves.

This goes all the way up to the state level - otherwise, a motion for a change of venue would have been filed and accepted.

You got that right. It remains to be seen just how much our governor--who was then PA Attorney General--knew. As governor, he is automatically a Board of Trustees member.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the jury pool itself had been tampered with. This was dropped by several state prosecutors for a reason, and the one who knew no fear was never heard from again.

The proof of my contention will come in the form of a hung jury. Watch.

Or an acquittal.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Oh dear if it's an acquittal, that may bring every single victims' rights organization to its knees. I know you could be right. I pray that you're wrong. And I'm agnostic. Yuck I didn't even think of that.

I was watching the news last night as they reviewed the day's hell-on-earth testimony and the things the kids tried to do to get him to stop had me in tears. I can't imagine telling a guidance counselor that something like that had been done to me, and hearing how ungrateful I was to have Sandusky-the-Saint in my life. I can't imagine telling my mom I had to look for my coach's name in listings of child predators, and hear absolutely nothing in return.

BTW, love the name. I'm Fuzzy Bunny in some arenas.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well duh. Every pedophile has a disorder as does most every habitual criminal. Doesn't mean they shouldn't go to jail. We should do more to try to treat them while they are there.

top topics

join