It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you know what your REAL name is?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
About ten years ago I was talking with my mom and she called out my name. When she did, I said," You know that's not my real name." She looked at me confused and said," What do you mean?" I went on to explain that 'Wendy" wasn't my REAL name , it was just the name THEY ( my parents)named this body that I am using now.

About two years ago I watched that Alice in Wonderland movie, the caterpillar kept saying, stupid girl, doesnt even know her real name and questioned Alice repeatedly about is she REALLY ALICE, stuff like that. The caterpillar was in one body then transformed into another body , the butterfly. The butterfly never spoke to her again so I dont know if he went by the same name.

Anyhow, I was wondering when people talk to spirits, angels, physics and such they seem to know their Angel names and / or spiritual guides names but never ask what THEIR name spirits , true , neverending, always the same, since the beginning name is. Wouldnt you think when your spirit/soul was first born it was named?

Do we ALL have the same name? Do we have names? Have you ever wondered what your real name is? Do we just have a specific tone or frequency? Any thoughts on this thought?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

The other week a friend and I were talking, nothing serious just a lot of shat really,somehow a topic similar to this came up and I came to the very quick conclusion that, when men and women started being named individually, that this was infact some way to seperate us all from knowing true togetherness.
Crazy and absurd I know. (especially since I quite like my name
)

Make what you will of it, sneer and laugh even if you please but the conversation did take place and this conclusion was brought up by myself.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
KUNTA KINTAAAAAYYY!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Contribute or go and blow your trumpet somewhere else

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Yes that thought came up in my mind to like were we all just named something like ...I AM...you know the thought of we are all just one.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Couldn't resist. Apologies.
And some guy with a whip keeps calling me "Toby".
Sorry, OP.
Proceed with the deep thoughts....

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

It is said that God has a name for each of us that only he knows. I understand that he will eventually tell us.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

I was thinking more along the lines of animals and the way they hunt namelessly, never even supposed to be having a name known simply as a lion, a tiger.... a human, I'm only making wild speculations though

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Toby it is, pleased to meet you Toby *whaa-tssshh!!*

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
reply to post by Texcin

It is said that God has a name for each of us that only he knows. I understand that he will eventually tell us.

I know of the saying in Revelations to one of the churches about a NEW Name written on a white rock will be given to us. Something like that.
Also, since on bible stuff...God hated Esau before he was born. I doubt if Esua is his real spirit name, so he had to have identified him some way before he (Esau ) was born to have hated his individual spirit.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I see what you are saying, but from a different angle.

Your real name is who you identify yourself as, What you call yourself in you mind.

I have no use for, nor inclination to believe in spirits/angels/fairies or whatever you want to call them. Sure they could be real, but I have seen no evidence, so they are irrelevant.

I don't go by my given name. It doesn't fit me, it's not who I am, I am not a . I go by my last name, I always have. Everyone from my family to my teachers and friends and co-workers have always called me by my last name. No one calls my younger brother by our last name. And we are the only two people on the planet who share this name(I assure you, I have checked exhaustively). My name doesn't come from anywhere or mean anything, in fact it was completely changed and spelled wrong from what it originally was generations ago. It simply describes me. I am 30 years old and I completely forget to respond when someone tries to use my first name.

But yes, I know my true name and I am the only thing it could possibly describe.

I am .
edit on 11-6-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This is actually a Christian conclusion, not certain if you knew that or not. The point is (in Christianity) that we're all one in the body of Christ. So it says that Jesus is the head of this body, but goes on to explain that we are all differing members of this same body (this goes to the root of compassion, by the way, because it does not serve the hand to deny the foot, they eye is of the same body as the nose). So, by rights, we can all make clamancy of our rightful name as Christ. That doesn't lend to a Christ complex per se, but rather a true recognition of that one body to which we are members. And, just as the eye is meant to see and the mouth to speak, so too will we all perform diverse funtions for this body. This is the separation of gifts. Peace...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i always liked the naming tradition that certain tribes had, wherein a person's name would change several times throughout their life, as they themselves change.

for example; a baby-childhood name would be given by parents, which would then first change at puberty, wherein the person takes on a new name and role in society. then again, perhaps it would change as that individual was initiated into a certain vocation, or became known for some notable deed in their adulthood, etc.

each Rite of Passage would warrant a new name to encompass this new "self" that has emerged from the old. similar to the OP's Caterpillar/Butterfly tale.

this does happen, with nicknames, or pen-names. even our avatars are a nod to this "naming game" the OP explores.

personally, i have never felt bonded to my given name... in no small part due to its ties to a particular religious tradition that i do not feel a connection to.

perhaps that is why i fancy this other method of name giving so much.

perhaps if i was given a "cooler" name by my folks... like Han Solo, or Maximilian, i would be an advocate of the "single name for a lifetime method"!

alas.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What if our "real names" where more of a thought without words. What if "words" don't exist where "we would have this so called real name".

edit on 11-6-2012 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fictitious
What if our "real names" where more of a thought without words. What if "words" don't exist where "we would have this so called real name".

edit on 11-6-2012 by fictitious because: (no reason given)

Now you're talking

Say more deep stuff please, I just lit a J
lol!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

Your REAL name is your traveling name, in the Astral Realm. Your "birthname" is the one your parents give you.

Which do you identify by? Most people don't know their real name, as they are not in touch with the spiritual, so they go by their "birthname".

Given the proposition of "eternal life" according to most modern christian theologies, wouldn't you want to know your traveling name? Eh? If you are an eternal being, your "birthname" is the name that binds you to this reality. You have other names......The questions remains, which is your REAL name?

Hint: Your dreams tell you what it is, your subconscious mind speaking. Pay attention to your dreams.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

You know my real name....I use it

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
My real name is too hard for anyone to spell, so I go by Melissa. My grandmother nicknames all 13 of her kids and all of us bazillion grandkids. Its tradition in my family wrapped up in cultural superstition. LOL!

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I have a strange story that fits sort of very well into this thread. For the purpose of this thread I will make up my real name but the other one is true.
My first name is a french name so lets say Giselle. However I have been in several non related situations where people call me Monica.

For example I when I studied, there was a girl who knew my real name fully well but she refused to use it, she said it isn't me, Monica is me. And she continued to call me that, refusing my real name.

Then I had a job in a different part of the country a few years later and my boss kept repeatedly calling me accidentally Monica instead of Giselle, saying "I don't know why I keep making that mistake". Now he did not know about the story above, he came up with that all by himself.

Amongst a meeting of friends [again different town/time] one 'remembered' me as Monica [you know, they point at you and say "MM...onica?", even though I had never given them that name, they should only know me as Giselle.

None of the people are in any which way connected. Nor do I speak to any of them now. There was no facebook yet and it was at different times and locations all over Britain. These people have never met and never will.

What I find amazing is that yes, sometimes people get your name wrong, but I find it weird that people all happen to come up with the same one: Monica!
It is not that this is a common name.

Here comes an even weirder bit. My 'sort of' god-mother who was a friend of my sisters back in the 60's was called Monika [German] but it wasn't really official, she just happened to be at my christening. I only have one name, not a middle name. As a matter of fact, my sister soon fell out with her friend and I have never consciously met that lady. I was too young.

When I tell the story as soon as they say the name, they all agree that I should be a 'Monica'. That I look like a Monica!!!

Is that my real name? It does 'feel' right. But then to me my real name does as well...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
In real life we are constantly recalling the name with the subject we are referring to - whether that's using their legal name, a pronoun or a nickname. Even that attractive stranger you can't get out of your mind is referred to in your mind as "her"or "him".

However, have you noticed in Dreams that you "know" the subjects involved (most of the time) without needing to recall their names and associating them in that manner? It's hard to explain, but it's only when you wake up that you realise the name of the subject you were experiencing in the Dream. This leads me to believe we don't need names in the spirit world as everybody inherently knows everyone else automatically.

If you believe in the All-Is-One theory, then the idea of having names in this physical world might be a method to keep us separate and veiled from our true nature of oneness and unity.
edit on 12/6/2012 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join