It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government and/or the media censoring our web content selectively???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Alright, here is the deal - I was reading a story on the Fix website earlier today, a current story, about a NYC public school teaching mandatory Arabic to students. I wanted, later, to show it to a family member, but the story was GONE. Tried a search, nothing. So, I did what I would always do, and opened my web history to locate it that way. Still GONE. Not in the web history AT ALL. Everything else i read is there, but that. My teen saw it before that, but I couldn't show it to someone else. Well, I was instant messaging with another person (out of state), and she searched, and get this, FOUND IT. She sent me a link, along with some others that I did find, same story in other locations, other websites. All of those worked, save the Fox one. I got a "Page Not Found -
The page you are looking for has either moved or is no longer available, but you may be interested in the content below." message, and no story, even though she could read it completely. Yet I can't read it on that site, even through her link. And remember, it's gone from my web history, as well. NO ONE has touched the computer save me all day. No one here deleted it from the history, nor would anyone have had a reason to do so. So, what gives? I could understand the story being deleted, but it isn't, as someone else can still read it. What I can't understand is how is it there for one person, and gone for another, and gone from my personal browser history as well? What the heck?!?!? Hard to believe some random computer glitch would delete my access to the story and the story itself (for me). Any ideas? Thought and opinions? Why that story? Why can't I access it, when it's on the site? How did it vanish from my history?? Including the link, as a test of sorts, to see what you can all see (or not). For the record, didn't log in to that site, comment or anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
DOD built the Internet. DOD defined the protocols for the comms. TCP/IP is a DOD standard. DOD secretly controls all of the telecomms. DOD ultimately controls addressing.

Who controls the Internet?

Source: I managed network infrastructure projects for DOD for years.

Oh and by the way, Cisco runs the net. At least one of their VPs is an ex Army General. There are more at other comms companies.

Just drawing the picture so you can have the facts to answer your suspicions as to whether you Internet experience is being "altered" next time you have a strange Google session.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Not quite. DARPA developed originally the protocol but it has since been added to and modified by various "people" in the name of security at least.

At best, The Gubmint can eavesdrop or "tap" connections and possibly, very possibly, they have a way to counter any and all encryption. They do not "control" the internet in the sense that they can flip a switch and start rerouting all the packets worldwide. At least, I haven't seen any reports in mainstream technical circles that point to that capability.

Not everyone uses Cisco although they are a major vendor. I'm sure the General is just enjoying his "retirement".

edit on 11/6/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four
DOD built the Internet. DOD defined the protocols for the comms. TCP/IP is a DOD standard. DOD secretly controls all of the telecomms. DOD ultimately controls addressing.

Who controls the Internet?

Source: I managed network infrastructure projects for DOD for years.

Oh and by the way, Cisco runs the net. At least one of their VPs is an ex Army General. There are more at other comms companies.

Just drawing the picture so you can have the facts to answer your suspicions as to whether you Internet experience is being "altered" next time you have a strange Google session.
edit on 11-6-2012 by Numbers33four because: (no reason given)

Well, pretty much what I figured. The real mystery is why THAT Story, not all the negative anti-O political stuff or something you might expect?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

The US controlls ICANN. So the US still controlls the internet.

www.icann.org...

Also allways interesting in the US board of propaganda.

www.bbg.gov...

edit on 11-6-2012 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Your search engine is your god when it comes to censoring. Money makes it all happen, bad content is bad for advertisement which sometimes is gov so no need to censor but they will not pave any roads to your destination.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Various people who are all controlled whether they know it or not.b

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

I'm sure the General is just enjoying his "retirement".

With all due respect, you do not know what you are talking about in regard to General Boutelle, former G6 of the Army.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

Correct. It was a humorous remark.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I do get that they have a leading coordinatnig role in global IP deployments and address assignments, along with root servers.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
it could be a simple glitch, I wouldn't be so quick to point my finger and blame them.

that said, they do control the content to a certain degree.
I would think they target people to hear certain things though.

new topics

top topics

join