It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this picture show the 'ghost' of a universe that existed before big bang

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Does this picture show the 'ghost' of a universe that existed before big bang

www.dail ymail.co.uk

A renowned scientist says he has spotted evidence that a universe existed before the Big Bang.

Professor Roger Penrose from Oxford University says concentric circles discovered in the background microwaves of the universe provides evidence of events that took place before the universe came into being.

The cosmic microwave offers us a ghostly look at the the universe just 300,000 years after the Big Ban' - a microscopic amount of time compared to the universe's estimated age of 13.7billion year

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I have read some of Roger penroses work and I find him very credible, this is amazing and could show that our universe could have been reborn etc.

Even if this is true there is always a beginning for our universe and this may be just one step of part of our universe as it cycles from its actual origin.

The big bang may be the origin in our cycle, but not the original origin of our universe

God is fantastic and lets all thank him for the universe he gave us

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2157548/Is-secret-previous-universe-hidden-microwaves-Scientist-spots-ghost-Big-Bang.html[/url]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 093030p://6America/ChicagoMon, 11 Jun 2012 21:10:03 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Penrose is credible.
I wonder if this could mean the universe cycles between expansion and collapse.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting if this was the source of the Mayan belief that there have been four or five worlds before this one?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think its crazy, at this point of time to say that you know how the universe started. There are so many different frequency spectrum that our 5 senses and equipment cannot pick on.

link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
Wouldn't it be interesting if this was the source of the Mayan belief that there have been four or five worlds before this one?

the mayans were referring to civilizations on this planet. the vedics say a universe is born dies and repeats over and over with no beginning and no end

link   
It is crazy to think that the universe does not cycle

Everything else is in a cycle, so, what would make the universe any different?

Nothing.

Does not take a scientist to work that out. But I guess it takes one to prove it.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Hi. If that was a response to me then I said it because I thought the evidence at the moment suggests that the universe is expanding and expanding faster all the time, which would indicate that there will not be a collapse. Its going to be a bit of a squeeze for us all if it does though

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
My theory is that the Universe collapses into itself and explodes out the opposite way.Matter vrs. Antimatter. Picture, if you will, the sphere of the universe being sucked into its center. Instead of the explosion spreading into this physical realm it explodes into its opposite. Then it is sucked back to its center and explodes back into this one. The cycle continues back and forth. If my theory is correct than what they are getting images of would be 2 Universes ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Nope sorry, it was a response to the OP.

Normally I would use the quote function if I was drawing a point to a particular post.

Except in this case where I using the reply to function.

Not to waste the post though......

There is no proof of anything anyway, it is all speculation. Theory and observation.

Even if there was an anouncement to say that universe is exactly the way a scientist says it is does that make it right? Does it make it real?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

It makes perfect sense! I can't believe I never considered that theory before. Star & flag for expanding my knowledge!

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
...reference reply since removed...
edit on 11-6-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Your welcome. There are actually different universe theories that you would love to read about:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

For instance our universe could be one of billions of different universes and they could all be cyclical as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I had thought it was a common belief..
The Big Bang followed by the Great Collapse... Rinse and repeat.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Fairly old news - the theory published in november 2010 - even that Daily Mail published it back then - so I don't know why they are recycling it 18 months later??

There have been a number of interesting articles published on the theory since - wired science
edit on 11-6-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A star from me good thread and very interesting to say the least.

Bet you never thought you would see a star from me ole chap.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I guess he got my email.

We were considering the possibility that when a black hole collapses, it might go back in time, right up to the inflationary boundary. And since they are reasonably spread out in the universe, this might account for the sheet like or raisin bread-like nature of our universe.

You see the arrow of time is outward in the direction of the expansion of the universe, and when a black hole collapses it is going in the opposite direction because it has too much mass/gravity to continue to expand on the same plane as the rest of the normal universe. So then what might happen is a heavy stable element may form in the center, and that element might be too heavy to be maintained in its normal time frame and so would continue to fall back in time until such time as it met up with pressure great enough to vaporize it.

Hence the rings, hence the life cycle of stars and galaxies. Its just early speculation at this point but reasonable to consider.
edit on 12-6-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join