It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians! Where are you getting you News From for the Last Days?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Believing that anyone who does not share the same spiritual path as you is likely going to burn in hellfire is more perverted in my view. You may not personally share this view, but many do.

The reasons I referred to are on a subconscious level. The nature of these things is that you either can't see it or can't admit it to yourself. Your reasons are certainly valid for you and I'm not trying to tell you what you believe, but can you speak for all of Christendom?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or upset you by making these statements. I'm only stating my opinion on the psychological reasons for some people to believe in the end of days

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sheeplearepeople

I think you're actually just flinging poo. I've never heard a Chriatian claim that. We're excited Christ is returning. Id personally like it to be without the evil stuff first but it os what it is. And nobody burns in hell for having a different opinion. That's not why people face judgment.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
We're excited Christ is returning.

You should be commended on your strong faith. But at the end of the day that is all it is...just faith. Not fact.

As far as faith goes; over the years I have listened to far to many state that "you can never have too much faith".

History has provided us a lesson on this. Too much faith is often a bad thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Classified Info

At the end of the day as you say, who cares what I have faith in? It's my faith, and if I love everyone as I love myself then who am I harming? Is loving everyone I meet a bad trait to have? I have no 401K, I give all my extra money go those in need. So who is my faith harming??

edit on 15-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

At the end of the day as you say, who cares what I have faith in? It's my faith, and if I love everyone as I love myself then who am I harming? Is loving everyone I meet a bad trait to have? I have no 401K, I give all my extra money go those in need. So who is my faith harming??

edit on 15-6-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

If we stayed quiet and didn't bear witness to anyone it wouldn't "harm" anyone. We can give all our money and possessions away and that is fine but if we dare witness to them about Yeshua then they get pissed off. They hate us but they hate him more. All you have to do is speak his name and it enrages them.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203

If you knew the day of Christ's return would that change anything???
His return is closer then it was 30 years ago...

2 Peter 3:4

New International Version (©1984)
They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

Don't forget about this part:

2 Peter:3-9

3 knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

---------------------------

Hm, plenty of scoffers that go a scoffing. More so now than in the beginning of the Last Days 2000 years ago. Plenty more seeking after their own lusts, surrounding themselves with teachers who will teach them whatever their itching ears want to hear.

posted on Jun, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sheeplearepeople

People are desperate...

Yes, they are. I can see desperation in people even in this forum. Some seem to need a "saviour" to save them from something unknown, Oh, they have a name for it, but are scared of trying to find out what it was based on, or the origin of it. They do not realize that the only "saviour" is themselves, that no god, no Aliens are going to save therm from their own destiny. Everyone judges themselves, not anyone else can judge you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join